20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

I came from Tatanos2X Rom and I have installed the GR6 for test.

I blaked my Rom with a standard kernel and a v20l baseband.

I have little "issues":

- Wifi connection isn't stable (loose or lag)

- UI is not as smooth as the Tatanos2X Rom (maybe cause of the swap and the custom kernel used)

- Toggling data off doesn't work with Widgetsoid (Maybe it's a Widgetsoid issue)

Except that, everything works well for me ! I don't have enough background to judge the battery life.

Good jobs.

Thxs, Clément.

Edited by cloogy

Guest ciarpame

I'm coming from GR5 odexed with using your "odex me". So I don't need to wipe?

I cooked and just tried to install the new rom just using CWM (install zip from sdcard) but all I got is a boot loop with black screen alternated after a while with the white LG logo. After ten minutes I removed the battery and restored GR5 backup.

Should have I done it differently (cleaning cache or some other prerequisite?) or maybe it's because of odexing? Or simply I should avoid updating roms at 2am?

The rom I tried to install used almost the same baking options I used with GR5 with just a few minor changes. 

Edited by ciarpame

Guest SuperSkill

Ciarpame, first of all, check if ext 4,if yes, convert to ext 3,full wipe, then install. If you want to odex do it after initial setup, then you will avoid bootloop or hang at boot,;)

Guest ciarpame

I'm sure that install will be successful with a full wipe, I was just trying use a shortcut to give a quick GR6 feedback as Paul requested. Now I was wondering if odexing has the drawback to prevent simple update without wipe.

Anyway, I will do a full wipe installation during the weekend when I have more time.

Edited by ciarpame

Guest cainn24

Just baked and installed. After about 30 mins of messing around, everything generally seems fine. Only thing that I noticed was wrong was that I baked with the "LG standard theme - Toggle Buttons Only" option but I still have the Music Controls in the notification pulldown. I double-checked my Kitchen config, so this is definitely an issue, albeit a minor one.

By the way, can someone point me to some further information concerning the available kernel choices? Just running the standard one for now because I have no idea what benefits the other choices might bring.

Thanks for your hard work by the way Paul :)

• check FM radio app
  • check theme options
  • add BBA support

Thanks Paul :-)

About the "fluidity" compared to the Thanatos2x rom, do you think that the swap or kernel are involved ? Thxs !

Edited by cloogy

I don't think Thanatos2x, as a ROM, is more 'fluid' than any other decent ROM I've used. It's only really the launcher that gives that impression.

In a couple of ROMs there's this scrolling tweak, makes the scrolling pretty fantastic. :) I use Gueste's rom and the scrolling is so fluid it's quite beautiful to watch. Maybe it's something like that he means?

Guest cainn24

I guess it's just too subtle for me to notice. Honestly, I've tried Gueste2X_v2.2_Final_Kernel_SR2 as well, and I can't see any appreciable difference.

Edited by cainn24

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

19th Jan - 13:45

• Fixed incorrect buttons on 'stock style' themes.
    19th Jan - 13:30

• Added test Button Backlight Alert support to the kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

19th Jan - 14:20

• Added owain94's init.d tweaks to the kitchen (user request), version 3.5-.13. Tweaks include internetspeedtweaks, misckerneltweaks, batterytweaks, ext4journalismoff, perfectmountoptions, sdspeed, defragdb, f***thelogger, wehatenormalizedsleep, loopysmoothness, ramscript, zipalign and sick. You can view the original topic on XDA Developers for more details.

Any chance you can include the option to install eMail v2.2 instead of the current GB version, The 2.2 one is the only version I can get working with multiple exchange accounts without it asking to be setup every time I start it.

Both the LG and GB versions fail to save the configuration details, this happened also with GR5

Thanks

Steve

I don't think Thanatos2x, as a ROM, is more 'fluid' than any other decent ROM I've used. It's only really the launcher that gives that impression.

Paul, I'm not talking about the launcher's fluidity but the loading time of apps. I thought that the Swap Space could be important but I'm certainly wrong.

Thxs

Which 2.2 version are you referring to?

P

It's listed in Ti Backup and Applications as Email 2.2 , whereas the LG stock version is listed as Email 1.0 and the GB one is listed as Email 2.3.4

the actual filename I think is com.android.email

When I get this problem, which only happens on Exchange email accounts, restoring Email 2.2 over Email 2.3.4 fixes the problem. I haven't heard anyone else with a similar problem though, but It is reproduceable.

I use accounts on both Exchange 2003 and 2010 so it's not the server side playing up.

Thanks

Steve

Guest PaulOBrien

It's listed in Ti Backup and Applications as Email 2.2 , whereas the LG stock version is listed as Email 1.0 and the GB one is listed as Email 2.3.4

the actual filename I think is com.android.email

When I get this problem, which only happens on Exchange email accounts, restoring Email 2.2 over Email 2.3.4 fixes the problem. I haven't heard anyone else with a similar problem though, but It is reproduceable.

I use accounts on both Exchange 2003 and 2010 so it's not the server side playing up.

Thanks

Steve

Where is it from? If you can post the APK I can include it as a kitchen option for you.

P