20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Working on the link problems due to filesonic going offline.

You can find backtoext3 here in the interim.

P

thanks a lot, but i'm quite sure ext 4 isn't the problem...

tried the experimental kernel 28 right now and strange enough - it seems to work. so i think it's rather the downloaded rom with the mck26 (i downloaded several different bakes...) than my phone doing the trouble... (altough it also rebooted after entering 4 digit code)

maybe you can see any reasons for mck 26 not working but 28 working - one might think it has to be the other way round...

Guest Cameron Eldridge

Hi All,

So does anyone else find the LG home launcher to be really slow and buggy in this release? I find almost every time I go back to the home screen it has to re-load itself (or do something that takes as long as it does to reload itself). Not sure if I should just bite the bullet and switch over to a different launcher, I quite like the LG widgets and their app drawer especially though. huh.gif

The MCR ext3 kernel doesn't seem to be working. I ran backtoext3 and then flashed it, and all's good. Then, first reboot it goes into a loop, and the only way to fix is to re-run backtoext3 (and of course wipe the phone in the process). Trying the ext4 kernel now to check that works ok.

Edit. . unless it's the Owain's option which is breaking the ext3 kernel?

Edit2: Yup, flashing one of the ext4 kernels works perfectly, so something is converting the filesystem to ext4. . .

Edit 3: The 20O RIL doesn't seem to play nicely with the 20l baseband. Trying the 20l RIL now.

Edited by goatee

Guest Dr_Omega

Hi. This is only my second time flashing my 2X with a newer version of Android.

I've just loaded a custom bake, mostly Google apps instead of LG, and my home key has stopped working. A long press no longer returns to the home screen.

Any idea why this is happening?

Guest Ferrum Master

Hi. This is only my second time flashing my 2X with a newer version of Android.

I've just loaded a custom bake, mostly Google apps instead of LG, and my home key has stopped working. A long press no longer returns to the home screen.

Any idea why this is happening?

Google a bit... just do NOT skip the setup wizard after first boot and finish it!!! Reflash the rom and start again...

Guest Dr_Omega

Ah, yep. I'm an idiot. Works perfectly now. Thanks :)

EDIT: ^I mean that literally - "perfect", that is. Every program I was using has reinstalled without issue, and I've used GetRIL to match a 0405 RIL (V10c, T-Mobile) to my baseband (1035.21_20110504).

Edited by Dr_Omega

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Anyone tried with Spica's R11-R? Just wanna know if it's stable with it ....

gr6 vanilla with rc-12 test built 3 here. apart from some lags on root explorer, works like a charm. Fast, smooth and looks like havin great battery life (need more time to tell for sure)

gr6 vanilla with rc-12 test built 3 here. apart from some lags on root explorer, works like a charm. Fast, smooth and looks like havin great battery life (need more time to tell for sure)

Agree except for one thing; had a baseband crash with it. But performance and battery is excellent!

At first ,many thanks for all his great efforts to the man ,Paul.

Just downloaded a GR6 bake ,so i havent really tested the rom yet .Noticed though that theres no 3g-videocall option in contacts.Is it excluded?

Edited by DemigZ

Guest arrediabo

I have been experiencing some random freezes on data connection. icons just keep white (showing good signal strenght) but no market or browser activity. anyone else having issues?

after some time it returns, but its kind of annoying.

I have been experiencing some random freezes on data connection. icons just keep white (showing good signal strenght) but no market or browser activity. anyone else having issues?

after some time it returns, but its kind of annoying.

I can confirm the same problems.

Guest lap33733

I can confirm the same problems.

Same here. They were gone on gr5. It must be something with baseband, ril and network provider. Back to gr5.

Edited by lap33733

Guest Diskbox

Does anyone use Tasker with this ROM and if so, can you confirm is turning wifi and data on and off work please? I'd try this again but last time I used an MCR rom this function wasn't enabled sadly :(

Guest PaulOBrien

At first ,many thanks for all his great efforts to the man ,Paul.

Just downloaded a GR6 bake ,so i havent really tested the rom yet .Noticed though that theres no 3g-videocall option in contacts.Is it excluded?

No video calling in contacts if you use the Google rather than LG option?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Same here. They were gone on gr5. It must be something with baseband, ril and network provider. Back to gr5.

Yeah, I guess it's a RIL crash, tried the RIL checker app?

P

Guest arrediabo

Yeah, I guess it's a RIL crash, tried the RIL checker app?

P

getRIL was saying baseband and RIL matched, gonna try a few others and see if the problem goes away.