20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Well, I forgot, you guys like new things to play with for the weekend... hmm... shall I have a late one building up a custom kernel for you to test over the weekend? Whadyareckon? ;)

P

Guest kickasskev

Well, I forgot, you guys like new things to play with for the weekend... hmm... shall I have a late one building up a custom kernel for you to test over the weekend? Whadyareckon? ;)

P

YESSSSSSSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEEEEE :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guest sckank

P

Happy birthday tomorrow :)

And again, oh great guru, thanx for all the works :)

Guest bastiiorg

P

Would be awesome!!!!

Guest orlox

Oh god. I was pressing F5 since monday and now ill have to do it again till next monday :D

Happy birthday!

Do i smell ext4?

Edited by orlox

Guest kickasskev

Oh god. I was pressing F5 since monday and now ill have to do it again till next monday :D

Happy birthday!

Do i smell ext4?

do you really see any difference between ext3 and 4

OK, MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 is in the kitchen. Please report back results!

Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Further optimisations / enhancements etc. will follow if this kernel proves to be fully functional on the Gingerbread ROM. Use at your own risk etc. etc. :)

P

Changelog

28 Jul 21:05

• Added MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 to the kitchen in expert options. This is for testing, please report back results! Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Just noticed the MoDaCo dude on the splash screen needs updating to the new graphic. :P

P

It will be nice to have the shutdown animation with that guy as well :)

Thank you so much Paul. Will try the new Kernel and report.

Guest bhanvadia

New kernel works fine. all OK.

But need confirmation that phone heating up more than before is new kernel or its GR2. Same apps and everything. Just 3g more heating up.

Guest kruppin

OK, MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 is in the kitchen. Please report back results!

Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Further optimisations / enhancements etc. will follow if this kernel proves to be fully functional on the Gingerbread ROM. Use at your own risk etc. etc. :)

P

Changelog

28 Jul 21:05

• Added MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 to the kitchen in expert options. This is for testing, please report back results! Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Man! You work fast, the sources were just released. :P You really are the king! :) And happy birthday! Btw, can the cpasjuste OC/UV code easily be implemented in the new sources, or have they changed something significant? Would be just awsome, becouse then this ROM is without a doubt the best one ever, and probably will be until you can rebase to the "real" GB-release, whenever that is. :)I just love you! Haha :D

Guest orlroc

Now we only need a camera app without crash on zoom (like mod camera with 30fps and 19mb bitrate!) and we have the best lg dual rom! Happy birthday Paul!!

Edited by orlroc

Guest orlox

so apparently the only problem with this rom is camera zoom?

1. No reboots
  2. No ultra battery drain
  3. No lost gps if you loose the signal and have to restart to fix it
  4. Fast gps lock like less than 10 second in open space
  5. Radio
  6. a2dp
  7. Camera 1080p
  8. Hdmi
  9. Blootooth
  10. AND fast?

Guest c.joenie

?

so apparently the only problem with this rom is camera zoom?

1. No reboots
  2. No ultra battery drain
  3. No lost gps if you loose the signal and have to restart to fix it
  4. Fast gps lock like less than 10 second in open space
  5. Radio
  6. a2dp
  7. Camera 1080p
  8. Hdmi
  9. Blootooth
  10. AND fast?

Are you sure? does Google Video Talk work on this kernel?

Edited by c.joenie