20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stevvie

Now we only need a camera app without crash on zoom (like mod camera with 30fps and 19mb bitrate!) and we have the best lg dual rom! Happy birthday Paul!!

And a little something doing about the wifi/3g data lock, as sometime it does not lock and you have to untick and retick 'data enabled' until it works.

Guest flyingdog77

Guys,

I installed GR2, works great, smoth and fast.. the only big big issue... battery drain is back and I can't hook on H network anymore, only 3G with a continuous flap G-3G (I believe the reason for the draining)... I tried both basebands, 622 and 622v20a (gb) ... same story.. I'll try to ask for a new sim car and in the while I must go back to 622 with fr19. do you have any clue?

Guest flyingdog77

New kernel works fine. all OK.

But need confirmation that phone heating up more than before is new kernel or its GR2. Same apps and everything. Just 3g more heating up.

I have the same, just 3g and a lot more heating up... I tried both 622 basebands ... no clue on what is going on! I have less apps, just reimaged and a clean data

Guest Jenne81

Hi Paul,

first of all, happy birthday!

I've found one issue with the Gr2 ROM concerning tun. Vpn apps so far can't detect the tun device in my case (coming from Gr1, no wipes). Any ideas?

Besides that, the ROM is great so far.

Cheers

Guest morckx

Guys,

I installed GR2, works great, smoth and fast.. the only big big issue... battery drain is back and I can't hook on H network anymore, only 3G with a continuous flap G-3G (I believe the reason for the draining)... I tried both basebands, 622 and 622v20a (gb) ... same story.. I'll try to ask for a new sim car and in the while I must go back to 622 with fr19. do you have any clue?

I can confirm that HSDPA/3.5G seems to have stopped working with a Gr2/622GB-BB/v20a combination. The flipping between 3G and G could be an issue of the status bar display. At least, with speedtest I get download rates of ~2.68Mbit/s regardless if the display says 3G or G.

M.

Guest achim w.

Well, I gave it another try and downloaded GR2 containing the test kernel. So far everything works fine - even the issue with music- and videoplayer and force closes are gone after I went back to CWM to wipe cache AFTER the installation and reboot went thru.

About the 3G connection: There really seems to be a problem. In the status bar it only shows a "G" for connection but when I downloaded a few files it went so fast I don't remember having a connection as fast as that before with 3G showing int the bar. And one other thing, the arrows mirroring the traffic on 3G don't light up anymore.

About the heat I can't say anything - right now I am connected to the PC and I already noticed before (with older ROMs) that this could lead to a warm back of the LGOS (which sometimes is really nice :-).

I will be back to share more of my experiences.

Oh and if I'm at it: I really do miss the LG widgets for the musicplayer and the radio. Would there be a possibility to reimplement them?

Edited by achim w.

Guest marc1974

Thanks for the update Paul. Happy birthday, shame about the present off the BBC this morning though sad.gif

Edited by marc1974

Guest NiLaS

I have installed GR2, this is the first report about battery usage: I have NEVER used in my life On Screen Phone. Am I missing something? ;)

post-874607-0-55402400-1311935765_thumb.

Edited by NiLaS

Guest colhicks

OK, MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 is in the kitchen. Please report back results!

Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Further optimisations / enhancements etc. will follow if this kernel proves to be fully functional on the Gingerbread ROM. Use at your own risk etc. etc. :)

P

Changelog

28 Jul 21:05

• Added MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) r20 to the kitchen in expert options. This is for testing, please report back results! Initial changes are TUN and CIFS modules, EXT4 support (although the boot image is still currently EXT3 at this time) and other minor performance tweaks.

Hey Paul,

GREAT. Thanks a lot, tun.ko (openvpn) is coming back ;)) - just starting up the kitchen ;)

Thanks a lot and a happy birthday

colhicks

Guest zippyioa

Switched from FR19 to GR1 then GR2.

I use Navizon and it is great to edit and reduce the wifi scan interval so it picks up more points ... this was done by editing the build.prop in FR19 but GR1/2 don't seem to have the scan interval in the build.prop??

Any ideas how to change the wifi scan time?

Thanks

Guest marc1974

I have installed GR2, this is the first report about battery usage: I have NEVER used in my life On Screen Phone. Am I missing something? ;)

I get a lot of strange reporting regardless of which GB ROM I use, same thing happens on CM7. Probably an LG bug, nice hardware but they've got some serious work to do on their software side.

Guest Stevvie
I have installed GR2, this is the first report about battery usage: I have NEVER used in my life On Screen Phone. Am I missing something?

NiLas why don't you bake a version of gr2 WITHOUT On Screen Phone and ANYTHING else you don't use ;) ,

Still can't get a GPS lock here in Milton Keynes, guys that CAN get a GPS lock where as you from ? Anybody in the UK that can get a GPS lock. I must admit that I have only waited about 5 minutes for a GPS lock but I think 5 minutes is more than long enough to wait for a lock.

Guest Ferrum Master

Does Voodoo Sound work with this kernel via patch? Any plans for source integration straightly in to the kernel as in VorkKernel?

Guest achim w.

Well, I gave it another try and downloaded GR2 containing the test kernel. So far everything works fine - even the issue with music- and videoplayer and force closes are gone after I went back to CWM to wipe cache AFTER the installation and reboot went thru.

About the 3G connection: There really seems to be a problem. In the status bar it only shows a "G" for connection but when I downloaded a few files it went so fast I don't remember having a connection as fast as that before with 3G showing int the bar. And one other thing, the arrows mirroring the traffic on 3G don't light up anymore.

About the heat I can't say anything - right now I am connected to the PC and I already noticed before (with older ROMs) that this could lead to a warm back of the LGOS (which sometimes is really nice :-).

I will be back to share more of my experiences.

Oh and if I'm at it: I really do miss the LG widgets for the musicplayer and the radio. Would there be a possibility to reimplement them?

As Foretold: I'm back wink.gif and here're the things I observed during the last 1.5 hours:

1. The 3G indicator is changing (may be it took a while for the system to get adapted - sometimes this happens to newly borns smile.gif

2. The arrows are lighting up as well.

3. No excessive battery drain - just around the usual 5 to 7 % during an hour of heavy using with screen on auto brightness in bright sunlight

4. No extraordinary heating up (besides the heat of above mentioned bright sunlight).

5. GPS - I got a fix in 9 s (outdoors that was). Location: South-West Germany.

6. Still missing the LG widget for musicplayer wink.gif

7. and last: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL and 1,000 thanks for your birthday present to us (should have been the other way round - shouldn't it?) ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR UPCOMING NEW YEAR biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by achim w.

Guest NiLaS

Ofc I can bake without OSP. The point is: it's the first time till I bought the O2X (April 2011) that OSP app is listed in battery stats. I was wondering why it was running in background...

Guest Peterfdevries

I am having this same problem with GR1. Just when I had it charging at the computer. I looks like this program keeps running at the background when it should have closed itself..

Guest BatfinkUK1

No problems with the Gr2 GPS in Staffordshire.smile.gif

NiLas why don't you bake a version of gr2 WITHOUT On Screen Phone and ANYTHING else you don't use ;) ,

Still can't get a GPS lock here in Milton Keynes, guys that CAN get a GPS lock where as you from ? Anybody in the UK that can get a GPS lock. I must admit that I have only waited about 5 minutes for a GPS lock but I think 5 minutes is more than long enough to wait for a lock.

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi Paul, great to have you still supporting us!

Yesterday I got this remarkable thing on the GR1-ROM. Since one picture says more than a thousand words, here a screenshot.

The android-system has sent nearly 42 MB of data (haven't been using bluetooth or any special things during the day nearly 12 hours on a single battery). Is this one of the reasons that the battery can't hold up really long (the background data)?

Maybe in the future you can help fixing this. Or is it a kernelrelated problem and only solvable when the the sourcecodes are released?

Thank you for all the efforts,

This weird background data issue showed up in Froyo too. Basically, I don't think it's reporting right.

P

New screenshot in wich the LG home is used a lot times. Is this perhaps related to the issue of the backgrounddata?

I also get the 'Lg on-screen phone' to be activated spontaniously, it keeps eating my battery!! blink.gif

post-727307-0-78845400-1311979278_thumb.

Guest wc326

how come when i connect wifi . it doesn't connect.

and when it connect. there is not signel on the icon.

However, internet browser works

But most importantly

i can't sign in my gmail account from market. which i can't download any apps from the market, and no gmail account contact etc

anyone else has the same issue?

Guest AnonymousPengiun

how come when i connect wifi . it doesn't connect.

and when it connect. there is not signel on the icon.

However, internet browser works

But most importantly

i can't sign in my gmail account from market. which i can't download any apps from the market, and no gmail account contact etc

anyone else has the same issue?

Have you disabled data under mobile network settings? That's what resulted in a similar bug for me.