20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ralli1300

Hi Paul,

first of all: Up and running :-).

- I deselected RemoteCall in the kitchen but it is there

- I deselected Preinstalled Apps in the kitchen but the App is still there

Guest kickasskev

Hi Paul,

I thought I deselected a few things like face book etc but they are still there, Root explorer will sort them out ;)

2658 on quadrant

Edited by kickasskev

Guest z0nic

Hi Paul,

Same here.

Norwegian input languages seems to be missing. But I guess you already know this, Paul, and is working very hard to fix it ;)

While I'm at it, I really appreciate all your work, and if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods, I'll buy you a beer.

Cheers from Norway

Guest Piter1225

Anyone can post how GR1 compares to Fr19 when it comes to LG Launcher smoothness, web browsing quality and overall UI responsivenes?

Thx :)

Hi Paul,

Confirmed - kitchen updated to resolve those issues.

I thought I deselected a few things like face book etc but they are still there, Root explorer will sort them out ;)

SNS is in the right place, you must have not deselected it. :)

When i try to record video and zoom , phone crash and reboot

I'll check this is the case for the stock leak.

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Ok, first impressions:

LG Lockscreen is finally smooth!

Launcher Pro 8.6 now finally smooth with 32+ icons, just like on CM, no longer a need to use 8.4.1.

General smoothness improved, no longer any stuttering while writing to storage.

...and that's just about it for the good.

The bad:

This GB seems to have been branched from an earlier 10B version, so bugs which got fixed in 10C are still present in this GB, for example.

LG Email - Exchange push-mail only receiving mail once. Deleting mail doesn't delete from server.

GPS - Back to loooong fix times just like in 10B

That annoying "Infoservice: Cannot apply settings to modem" is STILL there.

The "Norwegian bug" is still there (sigh.)

Install lag still present.

::Trym

Guest Diskbox

I'm still just using the plain one. Will test tomorrow with the gb one.

Hi diskbox,

which "622" baseband are you referring? Plain "old" 622 or gingerbread special one?

Thanks

F.

Guest kakemanx

Ok, first impressions:

LG Lockscreen is finally smooth!

Launcher Pro 8.6 now finally smooth with 32+ icons, just like on CM, no longer a need to use 8.4.1.

General smoothness improved, no longer any stuttering while writing to storage.

...and that's just about it for the good.

The bad:

This GB seems to have been branched from an earlier 10B version, so bugs which got fixed in 10C are still present in this GB, for example.

LG Email - Exchange push-mail only receiving mail once. Deleting mail doesn't delete from server.

Enlighten me on the "norwegian bug" :D

Is it good to go as an day to day ROM?

Anyone have ANY preliminary battery drain report?

Thx

The bad:

I can probably pull some stuff from Fr19 (e.g. the Email app) and some other bits to help...

P

lil' update on stock Google apps... Gallery ready to go up, updated Car Home ready, Contacts and Calendar have styling / colour issues that need resolving before they can go in the kitchen.

Making progress... :)

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Enlighten me on the "norwegian bug" :D

Is it good to go as an day to day ROM?

Anyone have ANY preliminary battery drain report?

Thx

The "Norwegian bug" is a programming mistake from LG. Instead of using the correct language string "nb" they use "no" (which is the country string) for the norwegian language. This means that all apps which have localisation for norwegian will instead use the default language of the app, usually english. If you circumvent this by using a locale-setting app, then apps will get correctly localized, but you will get english system-menus and system-apps. There's just no way to get both at the same time.

As for day-to-day use it's far too early to tell, same goes for battery usage. (You can also bet that those who have it installed will be using the phone a lot and hence report bad battery life.)

Guest Trym Hansen

I can probably pull some stuff from Fr19 (e.g. the Email app) and some other bits to help...

P

Thanks, but don't bother, personally I use the stock google e-mail pulled from another rom, the LG E-mail in FR19 doesn't delete properly either.

EDIT: That sounded harsh, I don't mean to imply this is any of your fault, you've inherited the mess from LG, and I appreciate what you're doing with what you've got.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

A small thing but the arrows don't light up for data transfer.

Same goes for wifi-icon in stock theme, doesn't show any blue bars after waking from sleep. (Wi-fi works fine though.)

Guest steve4130b

Ive decided to give it a couple more days before trying this ROM myself, but just wondered if the camera.apk from the xda forums that increases the video capture bitrate can still be used now that weve changed from Froyo to Gingerbread? If not, could you incorporate something similar into the ROM Paul? Thanks :)

Guest pruimmann

don't know why but my 3g doesn't work and also i can't select any network operator...

I have the some problem, but i had it all day even when i had 2.2.

Ive decided to give it a couple more days before trying this ROM myself, but just wondered if the camera.apk from the xda forums that increases the video capture bitrate can still be used now that weve changed from Froyo to Gingerbread? If not, could you incorporate something similar into the ROM Paul? Thanks :)

i have tried and camera.apk with bitrate increase doesn't work

Guest Stevvie

I've lost 55% battery in 3 hours messing about with this. thats the MOST I've ever seen I can do a solid 2 hours of gaming loosing only 20% on FR19. A little disappointed with that.Also get FC's after a titanium back (restore missing user/system data) Not had that before even on early CM's. can restore user apps + data but no system data (ie text messages) :(

Edited by Stevvie

don't know why but my 3g doesn't work and also i can't select any network operator...

Have you checked the APN settings? I will include the CM APN list in the next drop.

I'll see if I can get it working...

P

Guest Kawazzzzzz

Hi,

First of all, thank's a lot Paul, you've made hard and very good work !

My impressions :

This rom seem to be very smooth, for me it's more responsive than FR19. For example, the widget popup come quicker. Apps open faster too.

LG widgets doesn't seems to be compatible with alternative launcher (as it was the case before. I was using ADW Ex in FR19).

LG Lockscreen has (for me) no more lags.

Gesture seems to be broken (side tap to move in a text don't work).

Thanks again,

Kawaz.

Guest c.joenie

Any updates on the Google video talk? That would be my only reason to jump to gingerbread (that is, if the rest is working :D)