20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest marc1974

I'm having issues with the radio, after rebooting I get a 2g signal and have to go in and out of airplane mode to get a 3g signal. Does this mean I should be using the gingerbread baseband?

Thanks for all the hard work smile.gif

Edited by marc1974

Guest kakemanx

The "Norwegian bug" is a programming mistake from LG. Instead of using the correct language string "nb" they use "no" (which is the country string) for the norwegian language. This means that all apps which have localisation for norwegian will instead use the default language of the app, usually english. If you circumvent this by using a locale-setting app, then apps will get correctly localized, but you will get english system-menus and system-apps. There's just no way to get both at the same time.

As for day-to-day use it's far too early to tell, same goes for battery usage. (You can also bet that those who have it installed will be using the phone a lot and hence report bad battery life.)

::Trym

Ok, only use norwegian keyboard, rest of system is left in english... :)

Guest Fredisco

This is the best ROM I have used in my LG Optimus 2X, everything so far is working!!!

I removed some of the for me unneeded LG parts:

Out: Sprite Backup, F-secure, LG email, LG lock, Car Home, LG Launcher, News Weather, ProTips, PreLoaded Apps (Still there), RemoteCall, SNS...

IN: Google email, Stock Lock, Stock Launcher,

It's smooth and fast jumping around the android OS, installing. I use LauncherPro and it's VERY fast.

AnTuTu Benchmark ~5200, Quadrant ~2500

Played some "Stair Dismount" and it was running fine.

Camera is working fine, Video is working 1920x1088. Zooming in Gallery works too is strange like stock gallery..

No data traffic strangeness, perfect audio quality. (I tested with the 622 Gingerbread BaseBand!)..

I had some problems with connecting to my wifi when it was on channel 13, after changing the wifi router to Channel 6 it was fine.. :blink:

I also had some problems with many of my apps were force closing, but it was related to MyBackup Pro, after uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them in the market they were running perfectly. ;) SMS,MMS,Bookmark restore worked fine using MyBackup Pro.

I can't think of anything that isn't working for me, there might be some, but I haven't stumbled on to them yet.

GPS lock within a couple of seconds, with wifi turned off. Indoors, attic with a couple of ceiling windows.

Thank you Paul for fixing this ROM for us you are a Star! :D

There might still be some kinks but I have only been testing for a couple of hours. Battery is still unknown as it takes some time to test.

I haven't had time to test the Google Talk video yet, as I need someone to test it with.

Edited by Fredisco

Ok, first impressions:

LG Lockscreen is finally smooth!

Launcher Pro 8.6 now finally smooth with 32+ icons, just like on CM, no longer a need to use 8.4.1.

General smoothness improved, no longer any stuttering while writing to storage.

...and that's just about it for the good.

The bad:

This GB seems to have been branched from an earlier 10B version, so bugs which got fixed in 10C are still present in this GB, for example.

LG Email - Exchange push-mail only receiving mail once. Deleting mail doesn't delete from server.

GPS - Back to loooong fix times just like in 10B

That annoying "Infoservice: Cannot apply settings to modem" is STILL there.

The "Norwegian bug" is still there (sigh.)

Install lag still present.

::Trym

I thought I was the only one using LP 0.8.4.1, I have the same issue! About the GPS lock, is the hidden menu still there and is it possible to activate SLP Auto Provision under GPS Test/System Settings/SULP setting?

For the other issues I guess a better kernel would definately be needed. I guess this is the 2.3 framework LG made so far, waiting on the kernel and other bits to come through from nVidia.

Guest Stevvie

hello there,

realy intersting work, my first consern about this rom is bluetooth stereo, is it working?

YEP, thats the thing stopping me using CM7 and I can say that my jabra bt3030 connected and played stereo just fine on this great rom.

Guest marc1974

I'm having issues with the radio, after rebooting I get a 2g signal and have to go in and out of airplane mode to get a 3g signal. Does this mean I should be using the gingerbread baseband?

Thanks for all the hard work smile.gif

I flashed the gingerbread baseband and all is workin fine now :)

Guest bhanvadia

Hi, Paul

Battery drain in this is very high compared to CM7 and MIUI Germany.

I played Pocket Legends for half hour and it seem to drain almost from 86% to 15%, had to stop playing when i got that 15% battery notification. In CM7 and MIUI it runs 2-3 hours on 90% battery.

Seem like internet is taking too much battery in this one, or it can be video drivers too. I dont know but those are two possibilities I can think of.

Using BB622 and RIL622 in CM7 and MIUI, and Using BB622, with ril included in GR1

And can you make this thread STICKY/Pinned ?? And Paul what about GB inbuilt voip? Its not there in calling, is it possible to include it?

Edited by bhanvadia

Guest bhanvadia
Just quit gallery and my phone reset. Not had that before.

Doesn't happen with me. Gallery working good n closed it too it no problem

Guest abwyatt

Might as well jump onto the bandwagon as well :P

Downloading right now, but while I wait can anyone tell me if the GR1 will accept an app restore from our FR19 Titanium backups without problems?

Guest casper326

Hi, Paul

Battery drain in this is very high compared to CM7 and MIUI Germany.

I played Pocket Legends for half hour and it seem to drain almost from 86% to 15%, had to stop playing when i got that 15% battery notification. In CM7 and MIUI it runs 2-3 hours on 90% battery.

Seem like internet is taking too much battery in this one, or it can be video drivers too. I dont know but those are two possibilities I can think of.

Using BB622 and RIL622 in CM7 and MIUI, and Using BB622, with ril included in GR1

And can you make this thread STICKY/Pinned ?? And Paul what about GB inbuilt voip? Its not there in calling, is it possible to include it?

I also play Pocket Legend with this rom.. 15 mins only use around 5% battery....

Guest kakemanx

I'm on 622 (the "org. one")

My battery reports back quite oddly... with battery widget i only see 2-3 mah drain no matter what i'm doing..

It changes, but only a couple of maH..

I did a calibration of the battery after installing the ROM..

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by kakemanx

Guest Splather

Morning. Just a quick one. Using gingerbread baseband:

1. Feels fast!

2. Wifi was laggy for me on FR19. Not any more.

3. Can confirm gestures don't appear to work.

4. Left unplugged last night, which I never normally do. Spare parts says I still have 94% battery left. Completely unheard of.

5. Quadrant score seems to hover around 2600.

Nice one Paul, ya clever sod.

Edit: 20mins online has eaten 7% battery, apparently.

Edited by Splather

Guest z0nic

It appears to me that the Google Desktop Clock alarm-thingy (com.android.deskclock) maybe is a wee bit broken.

I keep getting a FC when trying to enter the alarm-option of the app.

Tried rebooting the phone, same problem.

I haven't reflashed it yet, since I really don't need the alarm clock, but I'm sure someone does...

Anyone else seen this?

Guest goatee

Yup - FR19 backed up apps restore just fine, which should be the case - I restored apps from an HTC Hero to a Blade, and then on to my O2X - one of the reasons I love Android!

Might as well jump onto the bandwagon as well :P

Downloading right now, but while I wait can anyone tell me if the GR1 will accept an app restore from our FR19 Titanium backups without problems?

Edited by goatee

Guest Husum182

Damn, just had a random shut off this morning while phone was in standby.

Spare Parts FC's when I try and access battery history.

HTC_IME keyboard doesnt save user dictionary created words after reboot - same issue was on FR19.

Battery use does seem a tad higher than on FR19, but might be too soon to tell.

Ill keep testing and looking for issues :)

Thanks for your great work P!

Guest abwyatt

Yup - FR19 backed up apps restore just fine, which should be the case - I restored apps from an HTC Hero to a Blade, and then on to my O2X - one of the reasons I love Android!

Thank you and good to hear :rolleyes: