20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BlaqMagicc

- I can confirm wifi drop when screen turn-off. Even with "Never" option selected on Wireless Advanced (BB 0622 / RIL 0622 GB Leak)

same here, its very annoying. also a lockscreen for the vanilla version would be much appreciated :)

Guest HAL_9000

Is anybody tried vanilla style prebake?

It still have this bugs in interface?

Flat statusbar after reboot

Gradient statusbar after call

Unlock stripbar different colors

Yes, I can confirm every point.

My another experiences:

1. Lockscreen works OK now. Not really sure where was the problem(I reinstalled ROM and did full wipe which I previously forgot).

2. Incoming calls also works (BB+RIL 0725).

3. Programs menu shows Clock app twice.

4. Phone data network icon shows arrows also when data are off. Don't know if this is a bug.

5. Compared to FR19 Vanilla there are much less free RAM, but system works pretty fast.

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to report this about your prebaked GR3.

On my phone the batterydrain is huge! Last night it took my phone only 5 hours and 55 minutes to completely drain from 100% till 0% wich made me almost oversleep myself. Today it's going even faster!

I also do have problems using the camera. When I try to use it, it only gives me complete black screen and have to use the homebutton to get me to the homescreen, can't do anything else.

If I can make a picture, it isn't saved anywhere. When I want to look it up in the gallery I see the picture just taken on the background, slowly fading away. Quite strange right?

- Before installing this rom I did a factoryreset, wiped dalvik, wiped cache and wiped the battery stats.

- After that I first installed the corefile

- And the theme after that.

What happend and how can I solve this?

Greetings

Hm, strange...

Guys, need your help!

First, i flash the CORE, then vanila style bake.. and after reboot my device catches bootloop, only LG logo, then fast to black screen, then reboot and so on...

can't provide any log because my device can't get to the bootpoint when PC detects my phone...

What am i doing wrong?! Baseband is 725

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: figured out - i had to convert back to ext3)

Edited by f1rSt

Guest d-droid

one more question: is it okay that there are no governors at all in setcpu?

Yeah, I think so. Stock kernel do not have support for setting governors I think.

@Paul

Thanks alot for the prebake!

I'm curious if it would be possible for you to mirror the prebake to another file hosting service as well. Downloading from FileSonic doesn't work on my O2X and I've tried downloading to my computer now for a while but I keep getting a "only 1 download at the time" error although it's been 30 minutes since the first download. I'm sure other people are having issues as well.

EDIT: And just like that FS are allowing me to download again :P. Still, maybe something to keep in mind for the future? I think that downloading straightly to the phone would be a nice feature :D

Edited by d-droid

Guest Almahadeus

I have tried GR3 at various stages of its development by Paul with the same set of apps installed on ext4 version but never encountered the problem of the screen waking itself up for few seconds at a time that I am experiencing with the final release. Anyone has any clues as to why this could be happening with the final version only?

Guest rulleguru

GR3 does not work well for me..

I need to re-enter pin 2-3 days a day, and the market app gets instant force close.

r22 kernel and 0725 baseband

Guest Nic0co

I have a sulution for the Display Bug. When i installed in the Kitchen Fonts the Bug will be fixed

I've use form the first Gr3 the Font options, and I've always the screen bug (right screen not very responsive)

Paul?

An update for this soon?

Guest Madsen Felipe

Found a bug on lg keyboard:

When i press and hold the A key I cant choose the second line itens for special characters.

Same happens for O.

I can rapport now that after 11 hours with Neoblaze 280911 my battery is on 79% (wifi was disabled, data enabled) but that is not all !

FYI...I am on 725 baseband (Gr theme with toggle buttons).

1) No more wifi signal drops

2) very good call quality

3) No touchscreen issue

4) GB keyboard works without any problems

5) lg keyboard works grate now (post no`505)

6) last but not least

Please tell me if you want me to test anything. so far I am very happy my GB LG p990 is perfect now.

Test Neoblaze if you want if you want (pay carefull attention to install instructions):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1200726

P.s

Paul logcat is coming. i need to backup and restore my previous bake with your kernel to recreate the FC event.

Guest Madsen Felipe

I can rapport now that after 11 hours with Neoblaze 280911 my battery is on 79% (wifi was disabled, data enabled) but that is not all !

FYI...I am on 725 baseband (Gr theme with toggle buttons).

1) No more wifi signal drops

2) very good call quality

3) No touchscreen issue

4) GB keyboard works without any problems

5) lg keyboard works grate now (post no`505)

6) last but not least

Please tell me if you want me to test anything. so far I am very happy my GB LG p990 is perfect now.

Test Neoblaze if you want if you want (pay carefull attention to install instructions):

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1200726

P.s

Paul logcat is coming. i need to backup and restore my previous bake with your kernel to recreate the FC event.

I'm using neoblaze too but when i press and hold the A key I cant choose the second line itens for special characters. Like ã or Ã.

Guest Unimatrix8472

In the notification bar the quick Buttons are missing! How can i recover or add them? I really need these buttons!

post-889151-0-50266900-1317835862_thumb.

Edited by Unimatrix8472

Guest AnonymousPengiun

In the notification bar the quick Buttons are missing! How can i recover or add them? I really need these buttons!

You have to choose a theme with toggle buttons enabled when baking the rom.

Guest SuperSkill

Hi

If having Gr3 installed, do I need a full wipe before flashing the core plus lets say the vanilla pack?

Have tried to flash wiping cashe and dalvik result looping on LG start screen........

I have also had trouble flashing the fr19 packs, suspects something has happened to my phone after having the miui rom installed but I`m not sure. Anyway, the MoDaCo roms always the best ones even if cyanogen etc. has newer android versions.

Thanks again for the great work Paul :-)

Just a heads up that I have some other work stuff to deal with + droidcon then i'll do the next round of updates!

So that puts us at the weekend or next week before you can get back to the 2X?

Just checking because I have a new 2X (v10d, 405 BB) here that's hanging, reboot and losing 90% of its power for no reason. But I don't want to muck about with upgrading (and voiding warranty) till things are stable, and there are a few too many reported issues ATM. And CM7 doesn't do A2DP (still).