20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 719rock

Be careful all with latest HP kernel, as upon on reboot it always wipes internal storage.... !!

yea..Rc9 & SR2 it's wipes internal storage for all :blink: i try many times HP kernel Rc8 is working fine

Edited by 719rock

Guest mparack

Any feedback on the battery life with GR5 + 0725?

I found GR4 + old 0725 to be the best combination so far but still waiting to confirm that on GR5 as have just wiped battery stats 3 days ago.

Edited by mparack

@Paul:

Nice work :) What about auto-toggle 2G screen on/off? ;) That would be a killer combo!

Edi: tTheMasterBaron's 2G? Hmmm ... isnt that one exacly that?

Gotta download and try :)

Edit 2: Holy shiait :D It! :D Thanx alot Paul, this I really like! Here between mountains and hills in Norway this is a big big difference, will save ALOT of juice and better stability too :)

Thanx again, this is really perfect! :D

Edited by sckank

Update!

P

Changelog

16 Nov 10:00

Added Gingerbread Theme with Toggle Buttons and Music Controls (user request)Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel to V20L sources

Thanks a lot Paul!!!

Now I would like to explain you another issue:in the Gingerbread stock theme we can find in the development kitchen the toggle buttons are graphically in LG style.My last request, if it is possible, is to have the original Gingerbread toggle buttons(green buttons with black background)...

Thanks again for all!

Guest allesmeglische

At first, sorry for my bad English, but i'm from Germany.

Can i flash the new Kernel (MCK r26 Experimental EXT3) later, how for example HorsePower Kernel with CWM, or must i always flash the complete ROM?

Guest rasta666

At first, sorry for my bad English, but i'm from Germany.

Can i flash the new Kernel (MCK r26 Experimental EXT3) later, how for example HorsePower Kernel with CWM, or must i always flash the complete ROM?

From what i know, MCK kernels are not available to download separately, only with the ROM

Edited by rasta666

Thanks a lot Paul!!!

Now I would like to explain you another issue:in the Gingerbread stock theme we can find in the development kitchen the toggle buttons are graphically in LG style.My last request, if it is possible, is to have the original Gingerbread toggle buttons(green buttons with black background)...

Thanks again for all!

Have you baked lately? They are green with black background now! ;)

P

Have you baked lately? They are green with black background now!

P

Yes,I have.I baked yesterday evening,and selecting Gingerbread theme in the kitchen the toggle buttons were in LG style,not in Gingerbread style...Did you already fix this issue too?if you did it,you are incredible!!! ;-)

Guest markop90

hi Paul, thank you for this amazing rom, it is really fast.

I noticed only one "problem": in the changelog you said that you removed the ota client for memory saving, but I noticed that there is still the omadm client apk in the rom and it runs always in background...is it a bug?

And is it possible to remove the drm client? Another process that runs in background and waste useful ram.

Thank you P.!

hi Paul, thank you for this amazing rom, it is really fast.

I noticed only one "problem": in the changelog you said that you removed the ota client for memory saving, but I noticed that there is still the omadm client apk in the rom and it runs always in background...is it a bug?

And is it possible to remove the drm client? Another process that runs in background and waste useful ram.

Thank you P.!

Good spot. I've fixed that in the kitchen now, but if you've already baked just delete '/system/app/OmaDmClient.apk' and reboot and you'll be sorted.

P

Guest CopEater

here are, after flashing, the settings absent. it says application not installed..... whats wrong?

but the settings.apk is in /system/app present....

Edited by CopEater

Guest markop90

Good spot. I've fixed that in the kitchen now, but if you've already baked just delete '/system/app/OmaDmClient.apk' and reboot and you'll be sorted.

P

Ok really thank Paul!

however deleting it from the phone is quite difficult, because when you delete this apk the omadm client process, loaded in the ram, will start to crash continuously, and the phone will be unusable, impossible to restart...it is better to reflash a new baked and fixed rom or delete the apk and restart the phone through adb.

and for drm client? I think it is a useless apk...I always delete it and the phone has no problems.

Edited by markop90