So how come MoDaCo SGS2 so quiet?

Guest rferrett

Guest rferrett

Eh? Hardly any chat and no MCR (as yet)

I would have thought the denizens of these august forums would have been lapping the SGS2 up like a cat at finest cream. But it is a bit like a ghost town in the wild west here. The XDA SGS2 forums move so fast it is hard to keep up.

What gives?

Guest travelbug

I would have thought the denizens of these august forums would have been lapping the SGS2 up like a cat at finest cream. But it is a bit like a ghost town in the wild west here. The XDA SGS2 forums move so fast it is hard to keep up.

What gives?

i think it is also because of the forum revamp on modaco where a lot people werent able to log on and post.

Guest Epic-Emodude

What gives?

I think its just that XDA is a bigger and better known website then modaco, and has a larger community anyway.

I get the impression that lower-end phones have a bigger community here, while the higher end phones are over at XDA....

Aaron

Guest mvheuver

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame it is so quiet here, I used to be on the Blade Modaco forums and it's much more active there.

I tried looking at the XDA forums but it's just too much. Too many pointless posts too so it's hard to find what you want there. Let's hope we can revive things a bit over here.

Guest travelbug

when i had my win mo 6.1 omnia, modaco was much more active.

im also surprised that its so quiet here. but i havent been able to post in my laptop for the past few days also during the site upgrade.

Guest rferrett

Or. People are so happy with it that there is no need to look on here for tweaks etc

You know with the kinda cats that frequent these posts I can't really imagine many people ever being totally happy with a phone no matter how good! I think a love of tweaking is what brings us to these parts!!

Guest khamees79

I can not find a single reason to root my phone, still I did it. It's fun

You know with the kinda cats that frequent these posts I can't really imagine many people ever being totally happy with a phone no matter how good! I think a love of tweaking is what brings us to these parts!!

Guest amitsharma.atc

Or. People are so happy with it that there is no need to look on here for tweaks etc

yes i think so

phone is great

i dont know why people complaining about battery life, lock screen lag prob

my battery work 2 n half days with normal use and full day with heavy use

i own an omnia and galaxy tab also

there are also not very active users on modaco

people spend more time on xda...

Guest Robert Sydbrink

I think its a little wierd to. Paul have a SGS2 right?

And SGS2 is the best selling android phone here atm so there is alot of people with em.

I want a MoDaCo Kitchen for it =)

Guest diamondgar

Basically because there is no kitchen from Paul, which is mainly because there are no obvious fixes. As others have mentioned a lot of the busier forums here are phones that arent so active on xda.

There are some very experienced developers working on things over at xda who came from Galaxy S, which leaves less room for part time developers to add anything worthwhile to the scene.

Guest rferrett

Basically because there is no kitchen from Paul, which is mainly because there are no obvious fixes. As others have mentioned a lot of the busier forums here are phones that arent so active on xda.

There are some very experienced developers working on things over at xda who came from Galaxy S, which leaves less room for part time developers to add anything worthwhile to the scene.

Paul told me on Twitter there will be an MCR for the SGS2:-

http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/status/92232866867580928

Guest shadowangel

I think that the forum is quiet because there isn't any kitchen for us to create our ROMs like with Omnia 2 and others.

But, as it was already mentioned, there isn't many changes to be done on this phone. It comes very lite already and if you root it you can remove the applications you do not want (there aren't any reasons for doing it though... considering the major security breach it leaves behind).

The only thread I follow on XDA right now is the one with the stock ROMs updates.