Restoring original rom with romdump

Guest junelac

Guest junelac

Hello All,

Sorry if it has been answered before, i did not manage to find it.

I need to bring back my blade to my operator, but since I've rooted it and installed a custom rom, I would like to restore it to the original state.

As explained by the guides I dumped the original rom with romdump, and now I would like to use the save for restoring the phone. But unfortunatly I did not find a guide explaining to do that from a romdump. Any links or explanation is welcome.

Thanks

Edited by junelac

Guest danieljtmcleod1989

Not totally sure if this is right, but could you not download a stock branded rom? I have downloaded the stock orange rom and I keep it on my pc just incase I ever need it, probably best if someone else can confirm this though.

Guest k0zmic

Not totally sure if this is right, but could you not download a stock branded rom? I have downloaded the stock orange rom and I keep it on my pc just incase I ever need it, probably best if someone else can confirm this though.

I think you are right.

The ones listed here can just be flashed with Recovery and they'll return everything to stock.

Guest junelac

Thanks,

The advantage of using my own rom is that it is the exact one which was installed on my phone. Anyway, thanks for the links, I''l use them if I don't find an answer

Edited by junelac

• 2 months later...
Guest cowscrubber

Sorry for posting in this 3 month old thread, but I have a similar problem.

I'm from the Philippines and the Blade has just been made available here about a month ago.

For peace of mind, I want to have the stock rom first before I flash to Cyanogenmod, but my phone's stock rom isn't out yet. I have dumped my rom and am attempting to make the stock rom myself but don't know how.

I tried to use DSIXDA's ROM Kitchen but there are no instructions on creating roms from dumps.

Can someone help me? :rolleyes: