Vodafone 858/ Huawei U1860 SmartLucky Rom

Guest papay007

Guest Degener8

[...] when then screen is locked , the screen wont respond for up to 30 seconds so i cant put in my unlock code then after waiting sometimes 10-15 seconds or longer then the phones seems to catch up

[..]

I've been using this rom since 2.0 and have been using screen lock with PIN with no issues. I have recently switched to pattern lock instead of pin and still dont see any issues like the one you relate.

The only time i've ever experienced any thing close to that was when I was running NoLED (awesome program btw). NoLED has a known issue with lag when using the power button to clear notification/activate the phone.

[...] when then screen is locked , the screen wont respond for up to 30 seconds so i cant put in my unlock code then after waiting sometimes 10-15 seconds or longer then the phones seems to catch up

[..]

I've been using this rom since 2.0 and have been using screen lock with PIN with no issues. I have recently switched to pattern lock instead of pin and still dont see any issues like the one you relate.

The only time i've ever experienced any thing close to that was when I was running NoLED (awesome program btw). NoLED has a known issue with lag when using the power button to clear notification/activate the phone.

It's also possible that this is a power profile issue (provided that you've played around with this function) in the sense that you've throttled your CPU way too low when the screen is off, so when you do a relatively CPU intensive task (like waking up the screen) it's just too anaemic to cope up.

Edited by wolf89

Hi all,

I'm working to SmartLucky2.3 World Color & Simply......

The next changelog:

1. New Framework

2. New system app

3. Powermenù with Reboot and Recovery added

4. New Battery with Number

5. Added character encoding Arab, Japanese and Chinese ---> to be tested

6. Other i dont remember.....

Guest cricky_o

It's also possible that this is a power profile issue (provided that you've played around with this function) in the sense that you've throttled your CPU way too low when the screen is off, so when you do a relatively CPU intensive task (like waking up the screen) it's just too anaemic to cope up.

Hi thanks for the replies, this happens without me having changed the cpu settings (even trying a minimum of 600 this still seems to happen) im a bit baffled by it but ill try uninstalling a few apps see if thats where the problem lies

Hi All,

Is ready the Download for the new custom rom SmartLucky 2.3 World Color

This is the changelog:

1. new Kernel

2. new Framework

3. System app updated

4. Added Chinese Characters

5. Added Arabic

6. Added Japanese Characters

7. Other characters added

8. Option added in recovery PowerMenu

9. Added Reboot Option in PowerMenu

10. Reveal Transparent

11. Battery change color with numbers

12. Added shortcut activation data in the curtain

13. Added notification data in topbar

14. more

This is the link ----> SmartLucky2.3_World_Color ----> Here

This is the MD5 ---> 82afed4f39eb3feb649bdb8696a7ba59

Bye.

Awesome work (as always) Lucky! If you don't mind me asking,is the google translation from the main Italian thread that you've got a working CM7 for the Smart correct?

Yes is correct my ginger CM7 with Android 2.3.5 is ready......ihihihi

All hardware working. On Ideos not ehehehhe

Hi all,

is ready the update for the SmartLucky2.3_World_Color with new Kernel. This is update not needed WIPE

NEWS---SmartLucky2.3.1 Update---

Note: Update only for SmartLucky2.3 Color

---Download---

http://www.mediafire.com/?4d15wo2j8on8dbg

Ready for download new SmartLucky2.3_World_Simply is Full Rom and needed of WIPE

Simply: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jfe3pbgchggqj5

MD5: 0a27b56e7424d6496f109301b0d2f790

Guest ZTE_Blade

I can confirm that the update for 2.3 Color does not restore swap partition functionality.

2.3 Simply also does not support the swap partition.

Edited by ZTE_Blade

• 2 weeks later...
Guest squawksarah

I tried your SmartLucky ROM in my 858 yesterday.

The phone was very slow in operation (about 20% of the normal operating speed).

So I went back to the standard Vodafone ROM and it works fast again.

Does your ROM put an extra overhead on the processor? (The standard rom is 85mb and your rom is 100mb)? I wondered if using multi-touch takes up more processor power and slows the whole thing down. (The standard Vodafone ROM does not support this feature.)

(It also produced an error message from my service provider 'This phone does not support automatic settings'.)

Thanks, Sarah

Edited by squawksarah

I can confirm that the update for 2.3 Color does not restore swap partition functionality.

2.3 Simply also does not support the swap partition.

Im using swap partition with 2.3 simply, did you enable it? You have to use an app called "swap enabler"

I tried your SmartLucky ROM in my 858 yesterday.

The phone was very slow in operation (about 20% of the normal operating speed).

So I went back to the standard Vodafone ROM and it works fast again.

Does your ROM put an extra overhead on the processor? (The standard rom is 85mb and your rom is 100mb)? I wondered if using multi-touch takes up more processor power and slows the whole thing down. (The standard Vodafone ROM does not support this feature.)

(It also produced an error message from my service provider 'This phone does not support automatic settings'.)

Thanks, Sarah

Sarah you did something wrong, the smartlucky is way faster than official huawei rom. Common use and every benchmark say that.

Guest squawksarah

Sarah you did something wrong, the smartlucky is way faster than official huawei rom. Common use and every benchmark say that.

I was comparing it to the vodafone rom. I don't have the huawei rom.

This is how I installed it...

I copied the rom zip to the sdcard.

Then I used Z4root to create a permanent root on the device.

Then I restarted the device in fastboot menu mode and chose 'Install zip from sdcard' and it installed.

Then I rebooted the device (again from the menu).

And that was it. It worked ok but ran very very slowly.

Does that sound right to you?

Edited by squawksarah

I was comparing it to the vodafone rom. I don't have the huawei rom.

This is how I installed it...

I copied the rom zip to the sdcard.

Then I used Z4root to create a permanent root on the device.

Then I restarted the device in fastboot menu mode and chose 'Install zip from sdcard' and it installed.

Then I rebooted the device (again from the menu).

And that was it. It worked ok but ran very very slowly.

Does that sound right to you?

Actually not... you don't have to use z4root, just copy the .zip file in your sd card, start the device in recovery mode, do all the wipe stuff, then install zip from sd card. Done.

Guest papay007

Hi All

Is ready for Download New Update for SmartLucky2.3 ---->

NEWS---SmartLucky2.3.2 Update---

---Download---

http://www.mediafire...ql9db01t23clnjl

MD5: 52d46eafb9d3945dca08b0595383d396

Changelog Ver. 2.3.1 x Color & Simply:

1. New Kernel

2. Now Overclock is REAL ---> Overclock Max a 710 Mhz. Maybe on 729 Mhz freeze.

3. Other

Bye

I just want to tell you Lucky that you are doing a great job. We all much appreciate it. Well done :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZTE_Blade

The last version is compatible with app2sd.

I installed Darktremor's A2SDGui, but it does not detect the sd-ext partition. I even tried flashing the Apps2SD script, as well as using the commands to enable the swap partition but no luck.

With v2.2 of SmartLucky, A2SDGui immediately detects the SD-Ext partition with no problem.

What must I do to get it to work in v2.3.2??? Please help.

Hi All,

The news SmartLucky is ready for download with version 2.4 Color. This should be the last rom based on Froyo 2.2.2.

When they came back online google servers to download the source from scratch gingerbread begin the compilation of the rom based on the Android version 2.3.7.

SmartLucky 2.4 Color -----> FULL ROM ----> Needed WIPE

---Download---

SmartLucky2.4_Color ----> Here

MD5 ---> c086a0180d6c3c2755baae623a25bf97

Changelog Ver. 2.4 Color:

1. New Kernel with Fix

2. New Superuser + bin

3. New Bootanimation from Nexus Prime

4. The last Quick Pic

5. RmIcAddFb ---> App for enable Data from Top Bar --> Thank you Dev. Harlem88

6. Other.

Bye for the next Generation of SmartLucky 3.0 with Gingerbread or ICS :P ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest VampiricPadraig

Hi. I installed SmartLucky 2.3 Color the other day and updated to the latest version.

Do I have to backup and wipe the data just to install SmartLucky 2.4 or how should I update SmartLucky? Thanks in advance!