MIUI! :D

Guest goatee

Guest goatee

That's odd - despite using update2, external SD can't be seen. Also, LG RIL Version is saying I've got 0218 - shouldn't it be 0622 like GR1?

Guest Clone519

That's odd - despite using update2, external SD can't be seen. Also, LG RIL Version is saying I've got 0218 - shouldn't it be 0622 like GR1?

Follow the instructions I provided above. It should work just fine. You've gotta use vork kernel though

Guest goatee

Thanks! I used the cool vork updater app to do it :).

Follow the instructions I provided above. It should work just fine. You've gotta use vork kernel though

Edited by goatee

Guest ElecTricX

So stability and battery-performance? Maybe someone can tell me if it feels faster / smoother and more stable than Paul's GR1?

Guest goatee

It feels very slick. Battery performance is odd - I left it on overnight starting at 100%, and woke up to it at 58% - battery history showed it plummeting around the time my alarm went off - though it could be that the data was caned, as Juice Defender disables data overnight.

Stability isn't 100% - I've had a couple of apps FC'ing, but really, it's fine.

It's very comparable to GR1 - aside from the strange battery glitch this morning, battery use seems similar, and UI performance feels about the same (I'm using Go Launcher).

So stability and battery-performance? Maybe someone can tell me if it feels faster / smoother and more stable than Paul's GR1?

Guest roumiaou

It feels very slick. Battery performance is odd - I left it on overnight starting at 100%, and woke up to it at 58% - battery history showed it plummeting around the time my alarm went off - though it could be that the data was caned, as Juice Defender disables data overnight.

Stability isn't 100% - I've had a couple of apps FC'ing, but really, it's fine.

It's very comparable to GR1 - aside from the strange battery glitch this morning, battery use seems similar, and UI performance feels about the same (I'm using Go Launcher).

No stability problems, except when toying with usb debugging (remove batt etc...) using latest Vorrkernel, many popular games won't launch at all, even if moved onto int. memory or SD.... pity.... should I rflash with satandard kernel, would it make a difference ? Also Quadrant scores are nothing to shout about...

Guest Clone519

No stability problems, except when toying with usb debugging (remove batt etc...) using latest Vorrkernel, many popular games won't launch at all, even if moved onto int. memory or SD.... pity.... should I rflash with satandard kernel, would it make a difference ? Also Quadrant scores are nothing to shout about...

What are the names of the games? I can test it out :)

Guest goatee

Directly next to the link to download the ROM is the link for the language pack

Where is the language pack? I know that seems like a daft question.

Guest Reckoner123

Directly next to the link to download the ROM is the link for the language pack

Wow, how did I not see that, thanks.

edit: Getting a Status 7 Error when I try to flash now =(

Edited by Reckoner123

Guest kakemanx

Anyone have any problems with batt stats?

On my phone everything is reported to have used 0%... how awsome would'nt that be :P

But seriously... any fix? Calibrated batt in both CWM and with the app, applied the "fix permissions" but still have no idication at all

Guest droweed

What are the names of the games? I can test it out :)

games not working so far for me:

Samurai Vengeance 2

BattleHeart

note: these games work well on any froyo rom, havent tested it on gr1 though

apart from that, the no 1080p vid recording makes it a bummer, and some quirks which was carried over from cm such as:

- camera shots taken by the default camera app is way darker(solution: install a different camera app/camera360 etc.)

Guest Clone519

games not working so far for me:

Samurai Vengeance 2

BattleHeart

note: these games work well on any froyo rom, havent tested it on gr1 though

apart from that, the no 1080p vid recording makes it a bummer, and some quirks which was carried over from cm such as:

- camera shots taken by the default camera app is way darker(solution: install a different camera app/camera360 etc.)

For the games you can try chainfire 3D :) as for the camera, you can flash camera bitrate mod for CM7 since stock CM7 camera and MIUI camera have a different name for their APKs

Guest droweed

For the games you can try chainfire 3D :) as for the camera, you can flash camera bitrate mod for CM7 since stock CM7 camera and MIUI camera have a different name for their APKs

you mean use cf3d then set plugin to tegra as well? what a let down, have to use a 3rd party app to run games that are supposedly running natively on o2x XD.. gonna try that still though..

as for the camera, thanks for the tip :)

anyone having random bsods? i just had my first bsod, after turning wifi off, then locking the screen...

Guest roumiaou

you mean use cf3d then set plugin to tegra as well? what a let down, have to use a 3rd party app to run games that are supposedly running natively on o2x XD.. gonna try that still though..

as for the camera, thanks for the tip :)

anyone having random bsods? i just had my first bsod, after turning wifi off, then locking the screen...

I have tried :( No result but with the free app, far fewer options...)... Bang bang racing wouldn't work too, and one or two titles forgettable titles too. Eventually switched back to my old fr-19 backup, I'll wait for the next bus.... :/

BTW, had one BSPD on wall charger, during the night. And lots of battery-removals because of USB debugging.

Guest goatee

None for me so far, though I did have the opposite once - when I turned the screen on, it showed the Go Launcher screen, but lock screen never appeared, and I had to pull the battery.

P.s. love the MIUI Buuf theme :D.

Guest kakemanx

Anyone have any thoughts to what kernel is the best?

Tried vorkkernel, but cant say i notice any difference..

Anyone tried any other kernels and have any thoughts about them?

Guest Korumera

I've used 622GB with the same rill and that work fine (no vork kernel or anything) but this rom drains your battery like a mad man.

Guest goatee

I don't find it significantly different from GR1 - today after 13 hours I've got 55% left. I use Juice Defender to turn data on and off (always on when the screen is on) - that includes my Exchange and GMail accounts syncing, plus some browsing, a few phone calls and texts. It's really not terrible.

I've used 622GB with the same rill and that work fine (no vork kernel or anything) but this rom drains your battery like a mad man.

Guest Higgsy

I've been using it - have had a few force close and one BSOD and had to pull battery. Other than that I really like this MIUI ROM, never used MIUI before and quite impressed with the menu layout and all that.

EDIT - on the battery front - seems to drain alot faster than FR19, but then again I have been using it alot and haven't calibrated since flashing, so will monitor it for a while

Edited by Higgsy