HTC Desire HD ---> HTC Wildfire S

Guest Graham Carter

Guest Graham Carter

I've owned x3 android phones so far, the first being the Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade), more recently the HTC Desire HD, and now the HTC Wildfire S.

I must say that of all these phones, the Wildfire S is my favourite so far.

Granted the ZTE was fully hackable, but just felt cheap, the Desire HD was powerful, but after several months of use, the size of it got on my nerves. As of a few days ago, I flogged my HD and went for the Wildfire S.

While less powerful than the HD, is a lovely sized phone, sits comfortably in the hand, runs gingerbread very smoothly and is a pleasure to use (looks great too).

Obviously, the phone is VERY new at the moment, and from research, there is no FREE way to root it at the moment. But hey, Im sure I can live without screen-captures and a few unwanted apps for the time being :-)

Edited by Graham Carter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest todoleo

I agree, the Wildfire S is a lovely little device. For all the basic smartphone functions (web browsing, email, light gaming...) it is more than powerful enough. Compared to the original HTC Wildfire it is a big step up, especially in the screen resolution. The camera's not bad either.

• 1 month later...

I've owned x3 android phones so far, the first being the Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade), more recently the HTC Desire HD, and now the HTC Wildfire S.

I must say that of all these phones, the Wildfire S is my favourite so far.

Granted the ZTE was fully hackable, but just felt cheap, the Desire HD was powerful, but after several months of use, the size of it got on my nerves. As of a few days ago, I flogged my HD and went for the Wildfire S.

While less powerful than the HD, is a lovely sized phone, sits comfortably in the hand, runs gingerbread very smoothly and is a pleasure to use (looks great too).

Obviously, the phone is VERY new at the moment, and from research, there is no FREE way to root it at the moment. But hey, Im sure I can live without screen-captures and a few unwanted apps for the time being :-)

Have you had any problems with Google Talk? I keep on getting force closes and now no GTalk at all. I have to do a factory reset to get it working again.