Built in camera - how bad is it ??!!

Guest jono4001

Guest jono4001

Must admiit very, very impressed with my new Vega, for the money they are a bargain, one thing that lets it down big style is the camera quality- not very good is it ??!! compares with cheap camera phones from years ago !!

question is is there anything in terms off alternative apps that would improve the picture quality or is this simply down to the hardware off the tablet itself ??

tried the vega outside today thinking that like most cameras the picture quality would improve considerably with natural light, how wrong was I, the screen is a wash out as soon as the light hits it !! taking a picture anyway just shows the same !!

can live with it as never bought it to replace my camera !! but again just wonder if there is anything that will improve the end result off the pictures taken on it ??

Guest Tony Williams

Must admiit very, very impressed with my new Vega, for the money they are a bargain, one thing that lets it down big style is the camera quality- not very good is it ??!! compares with cheap camera phones from years ago !!

question is is there anything in terms off alternative apps that would improve the picture quality or is this simply down to the hardware off the tablet itself ??

tried the vega outside today thinking that like most cameras the picture quality would improve considerably with natural light, how wrong was I, the screen is a wash out as soon as the light hits it !! taking a picture anyway just shows the same !!

can live with it as never bought it to replace my camera !! but again just wonder if there is anything that will improve the end result off the pictures taken on it ??

Have tried various apps on my iphone that claim to give better photos with minor (if any!) improvement - the reality is that its down to the hardware quality.

In my experience the vega camera is only really any use for video calling i`m afraid.

Guest IanTurner

It is the equivalent of the webcam on the top of a laptop screen rather than an actual camera.

A bit too big to use to take photographs. Rather like holding up a tea tray.

Guest Remington Steale

You would really need a rear mounted camera in order to use it as anything other than a chat type web cam anyway, its practically uselsess for taking pictures of anything other than your own face.

Guest le_lutin

Have tried various apps on my iphone that claim to give better photos with minor (if any!) improvement - the reality is that its down to the hardware quality.

In my experience the vega camera is only really any use for video calling i`m afraid.

What application do you use for video chat?