Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp Urgent!!!

Guest PJ77

Guest simplistian

Hello,

I tried to divide my partitions followingthis tutorial (android.modaco.com/topic/341374-custom-y...ata-partitions-size/) but when I got to step 6 start saying "E: can’t mount/sdcard"

Now I’m trying to reboot the device and freezes on balck screen with IDEOSword.

What should I do?

THankyou

Have you put the zip file on the EXTERNAL sdcard for flashing? Can you go to the recovery?

Have you put the zip file on the EXTERNAL sdcard for flashing? Can you go to the recovery?

no I dont have extrenal SD card.

I put in the internal one.

Guest simplistian

Isn't the instruction clear enough? It said placing the file in EXTERNAL SD card... It is written as capital as it is a critical step and it will definitely cause error if you flash it without an external card.

In order to fix it, you have to get an external SD card, put the file there, put it into your phone, get into recovery, and reapply the zip.

I haven't read carefully enough. It’s also my inexperienceand the urgent willing of trying new things with this phone.

All sorted out now!!!

The partition was actually made successfully. As I was a bit lost and frightenedas I just had the device for 2 days and doing what I done clearly violate thewarranty, I start trying everything available on clockworkmod.

First I made all the Wipe options available and then I unmout theinternal SD card and mount it again and all just worked out fine. Beginnersluck ;)

The only problem was the cam got inverted. I had previously rooted the phone withSuper Boot (boot.img) and to fix this I had to replace with the originalboot.img file.

I’m learning. Thank you for your help!!!

doing what I done clearly violate thewarranty

Do you know where to look for the warranty-conditions? I do not think that changing the partition table on the internal storage makes someone loose the warranty. It clearly is reversible and if you can restore the original state of the phone I do not see why someone would void the warranty. Of course there is always a line like that: "Warranty only valid if device is used under normal conditions"... without further explaining what these conditions are/ are not.

Do you know where to look for the warranty-conditions? I do not think that changing the partition table on the internal storage makes someone loose the warranty. It clearly is reversible and if you can restore the original state of the phone I do not see why someone would void the warranty. Of course there is always a line like that: "Warranty only valid if device is used under normal conditions"... without further explaining what these conditions are/ are not.

you know how this things works when we talking about warranties, insurances, etc.... :P

Edited by PJ77

• 1 year later...