Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest Droid 007

Found the following gingerbread 2.6.35 source code links for zte skate on their website. I was wondering if it would help unlock the monte carlo.

http://support.zte.c...px?type=service

I actually went ahead and downloaded the kernel code. only one file has anything to do with imei that is - drivers/mfd/ab3100_otp.c

Someone who is more capable of reading this should be able to figure it out. there is a registry where the locked status is stored. if you read the code thats what it seems like.

code file attached.

ab3100-otp.txt

Guest hotrocks72

I actually went ahead and downloaded the kernel code. only one file has anything to do with imei that is - drivers/mfd/ab3100_otp.c

Someone who is more capable of reading this should be able to figure it out. there is a registry where the locked status is stored. if you read the code thats what it seems like.

code file attached.

Im not familar with the code at all so ill second that request for someone more capable to have a look. My monte carlo needs it lol

can anyone please read the NAM / NV items using QPST and post the line at nv133 , this code might help us get something ,

#zte write locknetwork_num to nv133

How to read out NV items? It returns an empty file!

hello navie

how many codes did you get?, do you still have only one code for your project? :)

I haven't got any codes to be honest, I know there was one posted on this forum somewhere though.

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

Just a question!... If I were to get an OMC would I still need to keep the simcard I register to the OMC topped up every month for the minimum 3 months to be entitled to an sim unlock code from Orange???... Is there a minimum monthly topup for the sim unlock code???... I've already go an OSF but I haven't used or topped up the simcard that came with this phone (just left idle on another unlocked nokia phone for just receiving calls and making miss calls with the initial 2£ topup that you get free already on the simcard) but would I need to keep that topped up to be entitled to a discount on the total price for a payg upgrade???... Would also love to hear from people who have gotten one of these OMC's through the Quidco offer via this link here --> http://www.quidco.co...-you-go-phones/ and successfully got the 25£ Orange Cashcard and 20£ (minus 5£ admin fee) cashback from Quidco!!!...

Thanks for the replies...

^_^

Guest tilal6991
Hi all,

Just a question!... If I were to get an OMC would I still need to keep the simcard I register to the OMC topped up every month for the minimum 3 months to be entitled to an sim unlock code from Orange???... Is there a minimum monthly topup for the sim unlock code???... I've already go an OSF but I haven't used or topped up the simcard that came with this phone (just left idle on another unlocked nokia phone for just receiving calls and making miss calls with the initial 2£ topup that you get free already on the simcard) but would I need to keep that topped up to be entitled to a discount on the total price for a payg upgrade???... Would also love to hear from people who have gotten one of these OMC's through the Quidco offer via this link here --> http://www.quidco.co...-you-go-phones/ and successfully got the 25£ Orange Cashcard and 20£ (minus 5£ admin fee) cashback from Quidco!!!...

Thanks for the replies...

no you don't need to top up every month to get the code.

Guest trueno2k

Following on from this, the site is quoting 5-10 working days, £28.99

Can you point out what this information is about and where you got this from please? Thanks. ^_^

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Chris Type R

It's post 25 on http://www.hotukdeal...-1036629?page=2 - when one posts the URL it gets mangled.

Can you point out what this information is about and where you got this from please? Thanks. ^_^

On post 25 of the hot uk deal thread, someone has posted a link to a company which can allegedly unlock the OMC.

If you follow this link and place an order the site quotes 5-10 working days, £28.99 unlocking fee.

Guest trueno2k

On post 25 of the hot uk deal thread, someone has posted a link to a company which can allegedly unlock the OMC.

If you follow this link and place an order the site quotes 5-10 working days, £28.99 unlocking fee.

Oh yeah I remember that... That site looks a bit shady... It has choices for networks which just makes me think scammers... so unless they are proven to be legit, then I wouldn't attempt the purchase from them...

Guest dadashi

guys, give up with shady unlock websites. ZTE have truely locked it for Orange...you'll only get an unlock code from orange....

if you want to spend time with these unlock websites, spend the time on the phone with orange instead, sooner or later they'll cave in and come clean...

They've dropped the price to really unbelievable £119, remarkable price for the phone....they have to clear stock because no ones buying them due to incredible lock on the device....

Guest Chris Type R

Oh yeah I remember that... That site looks a bit shady... It has choices for networks which just makes me think scammers... so unless they are proven to be legit, then I wouldn't attempt the purchase from them...

They have a fair number of positive reviews - http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews136584.html

Not sure that they can deliver an OMC unlock though.

Guest trueno2k

They have a fair number of positive reviews - http://www.reviewcen...iews136584.html

Not sure that they can deliver an OMC unlock though.

Nah, not gonna buy it!... I'm probably gonna wait out and call Orange up for the unlock code in 2 months... Hopefully this would give me the chance to sort it out for the 3 month unlock waiting period as I fear this could take a while like it has been for others whom had problems with Orange regarding this unlock fiasco... Hope to come back with good news in 3months time ^_^

Guest stiefanu

This is the answer they have just sent me :)

Hi,

As yet we have not been able to find an unlock code for the Monte Carlo.

Kind Regards,

Mobile Unlocked

guys, give up with shady unlock websites. ZTE have truely locked it for Orange...you'll only get an unlock code from orange....

if you want to spend time with these unlock websites, spend the time on the phone with orange instead, sooner or later they'll cave in and come clean...

They've dropped the price to really unbelievable £119, remarkable price for the phone....they have to clear stock because no ones buying them due to incredible lock on the device....

totally agree with this.. orange have shot there self in the foot here... should of just kept the same algorithm as blade & it would have been bussiness as normal @ £149.99

and in my opinion it must cost the same price to produce the blade as it dose the skate as its virtually the the same, spec wise.

so say the blade cost as high as 100 to produce the skate at 149.99 is 50 pound profit a piece..

so i think they cant complain about people willing to pay £20 to unlock & leave

EDIT: but saying that i don't know how much orange buy them from zte for....

Edited by tillaz

This phone started at £119 with £10 credit on it but went up after a few days i was lucky got in the first day just over 2 weeks now then orange have to give me the unlock code at a price,So if anyones gonna get it sorted please hurry i hate giving orange money.