Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

I received that exact universal sim unlocker today: it Does NOT Work on the OMC

With some sims, the phone does not pick up a signal

With others, they are not recognised as inserted in the phone

Have tried on a Defy as well and got the same results on the same sims.

O2 (UK), Lebara (Denmark), Vodafone (Romania), TIM (Italy), Poste Mobile (Italy)

Putting in an Orange sim card, with the adapter, as far as the phone is concerned the sim does not appear as inserted.

Did you use the same item( NO CUT UNIVERSAL UNLOCK TURBO SIM CARD) as darren2 is using and you say you had no luck getting it to work? This makes it complicated as I'm thinking about trying one to check my T-Mobile SIM. Can you please confirm? Thanks.

Guest knuckless69

yes, the exat same item, from the same auction darren2 linked

hopefully mine is just DOA

I've contacted the seller for some info, hopefully he will answer...

Did you use the same item( NO CUT UNIVERSAL UNLOCK TURBO SIM CARD) as darren2 is using and you say you had no luck getting it to work? This makes it complicated as I'm thinking about trying one to check my T-Mobile SIM. Can you please confirm? Thanks.

Guest Jeff 66

I ordered one of these and it arrived today. Works fine with my PAYG Vodafone UK sim card. I do get the "R" above the signal showing its roaming but sent a text to see if I was charged any more and I wasn't so im happy.

I ordered one of those too. When I put it in the phone with a T-Mobile sim it seemed to work, I was able to send/receive texts and make calls. I couldn't get the data connection to work, though, after copying the settings across from my Blade and trying a few other settings from here and other places.

After a few hours it stopped working completely, and it displayed an x above the signal indicator bars, with no signal, and hasn't worked since.

Guest JBSCARFACE

I ordered one of those too. When I put it in the phone with a T-Mobile sim it seemed to work, I was able to send/receive texts and make calls. I couldn't get the data connection to work, though, after copying the settings across from my Blade and trying a few other settings from here and other places.

After a few hours it stopped working completely, and it displayed an x above the signal indicator bars, with no signal, and hasn't worked since.

here on ebay guy selling uncloked OMC where he unlock it?

HERE

Guest gitf@ce

here on ebay guy selling uncloked OMC where he unlock it?

HERE

"When i said it is unlocked, i meant that it hasbeen rooted. Thanks" ...doesn't know his unlock from root!

Guest hammy94

as im getting the phone on the weekend and then getting the code from orange as i have family on orange would it help if i gave my imei number and the unlocking code and see what you can do with that ?

Guest putbinoot

as im getting the phone on the weekend and then getting the code from orange as i have family on orange would it help if i gave my imei number and the unlocking code and see what you can do with that ?

thought the phone had to be active for 3 months before orange would sell you the unlock code.

Had the following response from ZTE this morning RE ulocking, not sure if it really means anything or not... I guess they are saying they have a special ROM they can flash onto the device which unlocks it? I would expect this is wrong since Orange should be able to sell us an unlock code and it's most likely they generate that.

I have got some disappointed information from our developing engineer.

The Unlock algorithm of OUK SKATE is supplied by Qualcomm. The provied us a package file to generate the 16-bit random number.

Flash with the unlock-ROM is our only method to unlock the locked device.

Guest tilal6991

Had the following response from ZTE this morning RE ulocking, not sure if it really means anything or not... I guess they are saying they have a special ROM they can flash onto the device which unlocks it? I would expect this is wrong since Orange should be able to sell us an unlock code and it's most likely they generate that.

I have got some disappointed information from our developing engineer.

The Unlock algorithm of OUK SKATE is supplied by Qualcomm. The provied us a package file to generate the 16-bit random number.

OK - this proves it - all we need is the ROM dump of an unlocked Skate so we can get that package. Is there any chance ZTE could provide us with that special ROM?

Guest hammy94

thought the phone had to be active for 3 months before orange would sell you the unlock code.

i thought you had to be with orange for 3 months to get the unlock iv got family thats been with them for like 10 years

OK - this proves it - all we need is the ROM dump of an unlocked Skate so we can get that package. Is there any chance ZTE could provide us with that special ROM?

No chance, we will just have to wait for someone to dump an unbranded Skate to see if that does the trick.

Guest sej7278

i smell bullshit. no way a phone manufacturer relies on the cpu supplier for a network unlock - and they need a new rom not just a code?

ministry of disinformation, they've been hanging around huawei too long!

Guest putbinoot

i thought you had to be with orange for 3 months to get the unlock iv got family thats been with them for like 10 years

as far as i was aware it's how long the phone has been activated not how long you have been with them.

Guest tillaz

i range orange for an unlock code last week and the woman said it would be £20 and would take 7 to 14 days

and i have never been an orange customer in my life because they are terable.

t mobile all the way for me £5 for true unlimited internet witch = unlimited free texts and calls with the fring app lol.

Guest The Soup Thief

i range orange for an unlock code last week and the woman said it would be £20 and would take 7 to 14 days

w00t! Bargain!

Anyone else tried this? Skeptical me wonders whether Orange are aware that once the Skate rom is available (in about 14 days) every bugger in christendom with a OMC is gonna jump ship to whichever provider can give them better mobile phone providings than their current provider's providings (to quote Phonejacker) so maybe they're just trying to get 20 notes out of ppl before they do just that?

May just come down to who you get through to on orange's customer care line - it always seems a bit of a lottery whether you get a crazy good deal or skinned

i smell bullshit. no way a phone manufacturer relies on the cpu supplier for a network unlock - and they need a new rom not just a code?

ministry of disinformation, they've been hanging around huawei too long!

I'm not convinced either, though they may well rely on Qualcomm for their locking code since they supply the whole chipset not just the CPU.

Guest Frankish

No news on an unlock even through Orange yet then? :(

I had an accident with my HD2 already within a few days. Trying to raise the funds for a Monte Carlo...by the time i have the cash they should be an unlock i hope. Start doing some theme ports like i did for the Blade :)

Guest tilal6991

No news on an unlock even through Orange yet then? :(

I had an accident with my HD2 already within a few days. Trying to raise the funds for a Monte Carlo...by the time i have the cash they should be an unlock i hope. Start doing some theme ports like i did for the Blade :)

Yes - you can unlock it through Orange if you have the phone for 3 months :)

Guest den169

Yes - you can unlock it through Orange if you have the phone for 3 months :)

Don't think anyone wants to pay £20 and three months at £10 a month to unlock this.

Guest t0mm13b

And he sold it for £155!! A profit just by rooting the device.

The same guy that was selling it on ebay with MCR ROM installed? (Heard it on twitter via flibblesan that there was a guy ripping off POB's work)