Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest JBSCARFACE

They do get updated constantly so there is still hope!

This Universal i-Smartphone SIM unlock card will unlock ALL make's and model's of phone's to work on any worldwide network 2G or 3G

Item number: 280719233379 eBay

Guest den169

This Universal i-Smartphone SIM unlock card will unlock ALL make's and model's of phone's to work on any worldwide network 2G or 3G

Item number: 280719233379 eBay

He also has a n95 as an example thats an old phone now,So i wouldn't be so sure those sims will work on a Monte Carlo.I suppose anything worth a try though.But from china could take weeks i bet theres an unlock out sooner.

Edited by den169

Guest JBSCARFACE

He also has a n95 as an example thats an old phone now,So i wouldn't be so sure those sims will work on a Monte Carlo.I suppose anything worth a try though.But from china could take weeks i bet theres an unlock out sooner.

There is another one new generation NO CUT sim - uk seller for £5

Item Number :150623967124

Guest den169

Right tried another smartsim i had this ones about 3 years old but it works with the phone ie i can make calls etc but i can't get the internet working tried loads of settings iv'e found on the net,none seem to work i keep getting server errors anyone have the t-mobile vpn settings or any ideas

Guest MoreLazers

Right tried another smartsim i had this ones about 3 years old but it works with the phone ie i can make calls etc but i can't get the internet working tried loads of settings iv'e found on the net,none seem to work i keep getting server errors anyone have the t-mobile vpn settings or any ideas

That's a good sign, if a 3 year old one can unlock the phone.

Presumably a new one will fix the internet issues. :D

Guest den169

Just noticed iv'e a little r above the signal strengh now roaming is switched off and it says t-mobile at the top of screen (its a t-mobile sim) but i'm a bit worried i might end up with charges ,So i'm gonna wait till someone gets an unlock working .

Guest tillaz

if i remember rightly you just go to wireless & networks / mobile networks / access point names /

then press the menu button / new APN / in the name part put t mobile

and in the APN part just enter tmobile.co.uk

press the menu button / save

then select it from the list of APNs

Edited by tillaz

Guest JBSCARFACE

You need gprs settings modaco rom should have them by default

Guest JBSCARFACE

if i remember rightly you just go to wireless & networks / mobile networks / access point names /

then press the menu button / new APN / in the name part put t mobile

and in the APN part just enter tmobile.co.uk

press the menu button / save

then select it from the list of APNs

APN : tmobile.uk thats where usual mistake is

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Just noticed iv'e a little r above the signal strengh now roaming is switched off and it says t-mobile at the top of screen (its a t-mobile sim) but i'm a bit worried i might end up with charges ,So i'm gonna wait till someone gets an unlock working .

I also have a t-mobile connection using with my unlocked OSF and and getting an R signal has not resulted in any roaming charges. This happens when the phone switches to Orange network since they have started signal sharing. When I tick data roaming in mobile settings, I even get G (but not 3G or H) and data works.

Anyone tried or bought the newest of these unlocking SIMs?

Guest knuckless69

I received that exact universal sim unlocker today: it Does NOT Work on the OMC

With some sims, the phone does not pick up a signal

With others, they are not recognised as inserted in the phone

Have tried on a Defy as well and got the same results on the same sims.

O2 (UK), Lebara (Denmark), Vodafone (Romania), TIM (Italy), Poste Mobile (Italy)

Putting in an Orange sim card, with the adapter, as far as the phone is concerned the sim does not appear as inserted.

Edited by knuckless69

Guest darren2

I ordered one of these and it arrived today. Works fine with my PAYG Vodafone UK sim card. I do get the "R" above the signal showing its roaming but sent a text to see if I was charged any more and I wasn't so im happy.

Guest philmein

I ordered one of these and it arrived today. Works fine with my PAYG Vodafone UK sim card. I do get the "R" above the signal showing its roaming but sent a text to see if I was charged any more and I wasn't so im happy.

so this sim works on the orange Monte Carlo??? or the zte racer

Edited by philmein

Sorry should have been clearer, works on my Orange Monte Carlo.

Just to be clear, you ordered a NO CUT UNIVERSAL UNLOCK TURBO SIM CARD and it works on your OMC with vodafone PAYG SIM?

Have you tried using mobile data? I am interested in knowing if you can get 3G speeds with this thing. Thanks.

Guest Frankish

I think you should share a direct link to an auction for the one you bought :)

And does data work ok?

Guest knuckless69

I have the one in auction 150623967124 and it does not work with O2, Tesco and even Orange.

Hopefully DOA ... ?

Guest darren2

Just to be clear, you ordered a NO CUT UNIVERSAL UNLOCK TURBO SIM CARD and it works on your OMC with vodafone PAYG SIM?

Have you tried using mobile data? I am interested in knowing if you can get 3G speeds with this thing. Thanks.

Thats right, I ordered a NO CUT UNIVERSAL UNLOCK TURBO SIM CARD and it works on my OMC with vodafone PAYG SIM. Im afraid I don't get a 3G vodafone signal where I live and use a Mifi for all my devices so don't use mobile data on my phone. In Mobile network settings on the OMC there are options for WCDMA so with the right APN I can't see why you couldn't get 3G.

I think you should share a direct link to an auction for the one you bought :)

And does data work ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150623967124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_6717wt_877