Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest gitf@ce
The same guy that was selling it on ebay with MCR ROM installed? (Heard it on twitter via flibblesan that there was a guy ripping off POB's work)

No, different bloke... looks like it might be catching on!

Guest gitf@ce
But those services work on skate?
The first one wants $69, plus lists carriers that don't sell the Skate, and the second one only lists Vodafone!?!? Try at your own peril!

Oh... spammer.

Edited by gitf@ce

Guest philmein

The first one wants $69, plus lists carriers that don't sell the Skate, and the second one only lists Vodafone!?!? Try at your own peril!

Oh... spammer.

the bottom link lists orange unlock under other networks but i wont be tryin itwink.gif

Guest OptiOne

I'm not a spammer and the second link in "other networks" show also UK Orange at 24.99 $.

I just ask if anyone have tried one of these service, that's all.

Guest tillaz

Don't Fring make any charges at all?

not to text or call other fing users just if you want to ring a landline or mobile numbers. also the app starts when you boot your phone and runs in the background

so you receive calls and text like you would normally.

Guest hammy94

i range orange for an unlock code last week and the woman said it would be £20 and would take 7 to 14 days

and i have never been an orange customer in my life because they are terable.

t mobile all the way for me £5 for true unlimited internet witch = unlimited free texts and calls with the fring app lol.

have you heard anything back from orange yet ?

Guest gitf@ce

I'm not a spammer and the second link in "other networks" show also UK Orange at 24.99 $.

I just ask if anyone have tried one of these service, that's all.

Ok... but why list anything other than Orange I wonder?

Guest gitf@ce

not to text or call other fing users just if you want to ring a landline or mobile numbers. also the app starts when you boot your phone and runs in the background

so you receive calls and text like you would normally.

Many thanks for the info.

Guest tillaz

have you heard anything back from orange yet ?

no reply yet,

i rang up last sunday and the man from technical suport took my imie number name and email address

and said it would take 7 to 14 days and i would receive the unlock code via email.

its been 8 days since so im expecting it any day now will ring back up if no word by friday.

Guest Frankish

no reply yet,

i rang up last sunday and the man from technical suport took my imie number name and email address

and said it would take 7 to 14 days and i would receive the unlock code via email.

its been 8 days since so im expecting it any day now will ring back up if no word by friday.

So you definitely don't need to have owned the phone for 3 months...just be an orange customer for a while?

Guest tillaz

3 days i had been an orange customer lol got the phone the Friday & rang up the sunday.

the funny thing about it tho... is that the first person i got threw to woz a woman who said it would be £20 but never took any payment and put me threw to tech support who did not mentioned the £20 but took all my details for the unlock code and said it would be emailed to me.

Edited by tillaz

Guest Frankish

3 days i had been an orange customer lol got the phone the Friday & rang up the sunday.

the funny thing about it tho... is that the first person i got threw to woz a woman who said it would be £20 but never took any payment and put me threw to tech support who did not mentioned the £20 but took all my details for the unlock code and said it would be emailed to me.

Hmm i hope they do not realise and that they actually send you it. Would be crap to ait for 2 weeks and be told oh sorry it was never put through... I may have to do this!

Guest paniceolan

Is it possible they do it by reducing the credit on your sim by £20?

hello guys, just rejoined the forum...

yep, that's how it's done. i called in today and they took off £10 which was already in my credit when I bought the phone + another £10 that they asked me to top up.

they said they would call tomorrow to confirm and that i'd get an unlock code in 7-15 days.

i'll update you on this.

Guest sid8001

I have recieved my OMC today from orange, got it for £119.99, havent spent any money with orange for years other than buying four OSF.

Im just a humble user of mobiles, i do not understand what you guys do with all this modding other than it is really appreciated, the OSF all run lovely ont he roms.

With regards the OMC whats the chance of getting an unlock code any time soon? or am i better off trying to get orange to send me one, i go abroad quite a lot and it is a real pain that i cant put in my other sims in it, it looks lie a great phone to me, i like the size, the screen is good and really easy to type, i was struggling with the OSF, got so many spelling mistakes it was driving me mad.

Any advice much appreciated

Sid

Guest paniceolan

I have recieved my OMC today from orange, got it for £119.99, havent spent any money with orange for years other than buying four OSF.

Im just a humble user of mobiles, i do not understand what you guys do with all this modding other than it is really appreciated, the OSF all run lovely ont he roms.

With regards the OMC whats the chance of getting an unlock code any time soon? or am i better off trying to get orange to send me one, i go abroad quite a lot and it is a real pain that i cant put in my other sims in it, it looks lie a great phone to me, i like the size, the screen is good and really easy to type, i was struggling with the OSF, got so many spelling mistakes it was driving me mad.

Any advice much appreciated

Sid

the £119.99 will have included £10 of credit, so if you're not using your orange number (I assume you're not, by the sound of things), it would only cost another tenner to get it unlocked through orange, so go for it. it might take a while however, it seems that none of us have received unlocking codes yet.

Guest sid8001

I

the £119.99 will have included £10 of credit, so if you're not using your orange number (I assume you're not, by the sound of things), it would only cost another tenner to get it unlocked through orange, so go for it. it might take a while however, it seems that none of us have received unlocking codes yet.

I use T-Mobile for most of my phones, i will try calling Orange today, miracles might happen if i talk nicely to them.

Are there any good roms for the phone yet? i had my OSF set up lovely. bit scary the first time i did it, but the help on these sites is amazing.

Off to sunny spain tomorrow, guess i will have to use an old handset ( i dropped my OSF in the toilet last wek hence the OSM, the phone still works but the screen will not slide open so cant do anyhting with it, whata 'plonker'!

Cheers

Guest lordjubblydave

I tried to get my phone unlocked through Orange, the Guy on the phone said they could not do it because of the 3 month thing, he did say I could get it done sooner if I asked instore though, weird huh?

Guest gitf@ce

So what will our options be when the big day comes..? Pay Orange twenty quid in three months, buy a code from an unlocking website or flash an unlocked rom?

Guest tillaz

if i have not revived my unlock code by sunday i will be making some complaints to orange, it will then have been 14 days like they said.

in the short time i have had to deal with oranges services its been nothing but misleading & hassle starting with the £30 for bringing your number over from another network..

i done as it said got the pak code and such, to later find out you dont actually get £30 credit but an extra £10 every top up for 3 week.

then there woz the problem with the battery cover witch i rang up to get replaced, with the first man i spoke to saying no problem we will send you a new one out..

when you get it just send the faulty one back in the pre paid jify bag provided it will take 7 days. received it in a couple of days with nothing in the bag other than a letter saying if i don't send

the goods back within 7 days i will be charged for them.. WOT GOODS !!! iv already paid for the phone.... so i ring back up and explain it all for some woman to say....

no were not allowed to do that (send me a new back cover) and said i will have to send my faulty cover first and do without a back cover for a week HA the cheek of it ! she told me just to celatape the battery to the phone so it wont drop out ! and it will be OK .

and now after been told i will receive a unlock code via email in 7 to 14 days but taking no payment from me (12 days ago) i really don't think its has even been processed.

Edited by tillaz