[ROM] [08-10] TripNMiUI 105.235.U.B71 | TripNMiUI SENSATION@XPERIA

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest geordieboy2011

@geordieboy lee

I was gettin all aggressive there reading that last post lollll :P Until I read it all

Few beer's lol

Mind you my wifi work's perfect on DHCP both WEP and WPA2

lol might be cos i saved settings from old rom so might try tomorrow a fresh instail

sorry but had to make a complaint up bout it been so good lol

Guest geordieboy2011

is it me or is trip relesing a new rom every night now ???? not complaining but dont get enougth time to test them lol

good work trip and thanks again im a day behind your release cos i love to test them

Guest Cyberman_NI

@geordieboy

I did do a full format of my sd card. That may help, not sure. A good recommendation from JP.

EDIT: I think Trip is a team of people. Surely one guy couldn't do all that work and keep Iris happy. Or maybe he is super human :P

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest navi16

can someone help me???

I like this rom, but in the last update i started to have problems with the 3rd app keyboards, i mainly use swiftkey and when install the keyboard it always give me FC, now in this update i can install the keyboards, but i cant activate them, when acces settings>System>Language & Input Settings>Current keyboard, it only appears Android keyboard... i can install others keyboards, and they do appear in input set, but still can't activate them.

Guest geordieboy2011

@geordieboy

I did do a full format of my sd card. That may help, not sure. A good recommendation from JP.

i dont really fancy that one tonight lol 32gb full ov music needed backed up 1st

thanks though prob tomorrow after work

Guest hrm5023

I need a few people to test the new rom later today, i need some decent reports about performance,feeling,good,bad etc.

Anyone who has some free time to test?

Hi Trip,

Let me know if you need an extra tester.

Good or bad I am always down to test your work.

H

Guest jpminou

can someone help me???

I like this rom, but in the last update i started to have problems with the 3rd app keyboards, i mainly use swiftkey and when install the keyboard it always give me FC, now in this update i can install the keyboards, but i cant activate them, when acces settings>System>Language & Input Settings>Current keyboard, it only appears Android keyboard... i can install others keyboards, and they do appear in input set, but still can't activate them.

wait for the update or read a few pages back

Guest BuglyAstard

can someone help me???

I use swiftkey as well, its the best IMO, and I also had the same issue, I posted a few pages back about it. I used titanium backup to uninstall android keyboard, then restored swiftkey WITH data but not sure if thats needed and/or risky, rebooted and everything has worked flawlessly since then.

Guest JazzLOCO

Testing the upcoming beta release now, after that the test versions will be sended out

if it is too much to ask to include a spanish dictionary? please please please pretty please? xD

Guest hirosz

thanx yournameshouldbehere and InSaiyanOne!

finally i never see fc of keyboard! (in my case pobox4.3)

i dont have to reinstall keyboard at each time of reboot.

thanx again!

and thanx Trip for giving me excellent rom!

Swype and Miui confirmed working!

I've honestly been up all night testing out both the flashtool theory and trying to get swype to work. This has brought me closer to figuring out a solution for everyone who likes swype.

All props to you for this, let me reveal my steps:

- Completely uninstall anything swype related.

- Now run the installer, login, download, and install the version of choice, and tap DONE.

- You should now be at a prompt stating either to enable swype or showing 4 buttons (last two being generate license and finish).

- Using the above method, go into the system/app folder and move the latinIME.apk out to your SD card (I put it in the DCIM folder) then IMMEDIATELY move it back.

- Reboot your phone (don't go into keyboard settings or anything just reboot) into recovery and fix permissions, reboot after it's complete.

- Now here is where I tried two things. First, go into the Language & Input Settings and OBSERVE ONLY that swype is the current keyboard selected DO NOT GO INTO THE MENU ITSELF!

- Now go into an app like market or browser and get to where you can type something (like search in market) the keyboard should show up...I didn't swype right away but just manually typed a small word and then swyped the very next word with no issues.

I've done it two more times both of the times I got the "select swype" screen after installing it. Followed the steps and it worked. Great what working together (and no sleep :blink:) can do.

Edit: This possibly could be used to enable other keyboard styles also. Use the steps that create the force close after you install your preferred keyboard and then fix permissions and see if that works.

Guest scattaman

I noticed that I keep getting a prompt whenever I receive messages and no matter how many times I tick the box that says "Don't ask again" it keeps coming back! How do I get rid of this?

Guest Cyberman_NI

@Trip

v103 is FAULTLESS!!!

I can say that it seems super fast.

Wifi DHCP no problem WEP and WPA2.

Changed keyboard to SlideIT no problem, even after reboot.

I do prefer Swype but due to the funny licensing issues I haven't test it yet

Signal without any reboot's

Market v2 fly's

Love the lock screen (same as 102 but love it)

Cannot test 3g cause of the area I'm in.

Your the man Trip!!!

PS: I never had any issues with wifi (DHCP on my Draytek and Netgear routers) or keyboard, market v3 issues even with BB71 so I just love your work. B)

Edited by Cyberman_NI

@Trip

v103 is FAULTLESS!!!

I can say that it seems super fast.

Wifi DHCP no problem WEP and WPA2.

Changed keyboard to SlideIT no problem, even after reboot.

I do prefer Swype but due to the funny licensing issues I haven't test it yet

Signal without any reboot's

Market v2 fly's

Love the lock screen (same as 102 but love it)

Cannot test 3g cause of the area I'm in.

Your the man Trip!!!

PS: I never had any issues with wifi (DHCP on my Draytek and Netgear routers) or keyboard, market v3 issues even with BB71 so I just love your work. B)

Sounds great cyberman, could you please test bluetooth pairing with headset and pc if you have....this is my only prob stopping me from using this ROM as a daily because I workout with my bluetooth headset and a gps sport software.

Guest mickymauz

Just when you thought this ROM couldn't be any better.... TRIP U did it again!!!!

I found no major bugs... the rom is really fast, wifi connects faster than the previous rom, call quality is excellent... I'm getting 5 full bars at work!!!(I used to get 4) data seems to be working fine, i have not lost connection once.. of course I only tested it for like an hour... i will report any issues (if I can find any).. Excellent ROM THANK YOU!!!

Bugs so far (BB .71):

-Camera still FC when Auto Focus is turned on

-Some apps from app store cannot install to SD card... u have to unmount, install and then mount again...

** i'm only getting 1195 on the quadrant score... even in previous version this is the highest I could get... Am I doing something wrong?? or is there a setting I need to modify to get a higher score?

Edited by mickymauz

Guest jpminou

Sorry for the delay

BB71 :

on first boot signal comes straight away with 4 Bars stable.

data and wifi ok

this rom is really fast,playing with files in file explorer never fast as now :)

quadrant 1460 first run then 1703

dual touch ok

gps ok

internet ok

market ok

overall the rom feels very fast

Guest Cyberman_NI

Sounds great cyberman, could you please test bluetooth pairing with headset and pc if you have....this is my only prob stopping me from using this ROM as a daily because I workout with my bluetooth headset and a gps sport software.

Tested bluetooth from my car to my bored girlfriend in the house and it was fine to 2 different phone's and nokia and and HTC. All good, you should definatly make the move to this rom.

EDIT: JP don't know how you manage such high quadrant scores but mine is definatly lower for this rom, but it is definatly feels faster. Don't know how, maybe just cause I don't have as many app's on as normal. :D

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest cjsabaki

Test version.

* Clean instal, no restore. Period.

* Wipe all three times.

* All working.

* My typical gutting of the aps, remove calculator, all calendar, back up, monitor, ect.

* Reboot three times, run fix permission last reboot.

* Four quadrant runs, best 1560 with data on.

* Noticeble improvement in signal..

* Feels faster than even last version, very smooth scrolling!!

* Quadrant should go up as cache builds and will try new version of the app, mine is on my SD card n bout a year old... lol!!! * Bband 71, stock.

Best rom so far by a mile............

Truly excellent work!!

Thank you yet again!! I'm saving this one!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Edited by cjsabaki