19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest t0ph0id

I have the same problem... Paul can you help us?

Yesterday it worked for me but not anymore...

I'm on ad-free and see the bake button.

For me though the kitchen doesn't remember my settings, any way I can fix this?

Gr3 working great by the way, thanks Paul!! cool.gif

I'm on ad-free and see the bake button.

For me though the kitchen doesn't remember my settings, any way I can fix this?

Gr3 working great by the way, thanks Paul!! cool.gif

Kitchen settings are stored in a cookie...

P

Guest rameses

The Gr3 release, based on XXKH1, is now online.

Points to note...

• I am currently mirroring the downloads to MediaFire, the server the downloads are sitting on is on a dedicated Gigabit link, so speeds *should* be OK in the interim
  • The ROM has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and every modification has been re-engineered to ensure no changes in KH1 are missed
  • Standard and vanilla prebakes are online now, i'm happy to take requests for 'other editions'
  • Thanks for your support :)

P

I can't keep up :o :lol:

Any joy with the "no vibrate at power off"?

Guest maedox

Couldn't find anything about this in the thread; When charging, the battery icon stays at red level with a lightning bolt on it and doesn't progress towards all green.

Edit:

Oh, and the Samsung keypad doesn't have nordic languages (Norwegian in particular ;)) even though I left the CSC at default XEU.

Edit2:

I see now that the CSC is actually XAK?! Doesn't bother me that much because I usually use SlideIT keyboard, but I just restored all apps and don't want to change CSC now. :o

Edited by maedox

Guest Shakaw
Couldn't find anything about this in the thread; When charging, the battery icon stays at red level with a lightning bolt on it and doesn't progress towards all green.

Same here

Edit:

Oh, and the Samsung keypad doesn't have nordic languages (Norwegian in particular ;)) even though I left the CSC at default XEU.

Edit2:

I see now that the CSC is actually XAK?! Doesn't bother me that much because I usually use SlideIT keyboard, but I just restored all apps and don't want to change CSC now. :o

Works fine here. Using the nimphetamine kernel though, that's poss the difference....?

Guest Robert Davidson

Hi, installed Gr3 and all went well but I have just noticed that when I hold the power button to shut down the phone I get a force close in twlauncher after which the phone does a soft restart, cant seem to get round this.

Hi, installed Gr3 and all went well but I have just noticed that when I hold the power button to shut down the phone I get a force close in twlauncher after which the phone does a soft restart, cant seem to get round this.

Don't select both percentage mod and SIP over 3G.

Re: the red charging icon, I'll check it out, it's also related to the percentage mod.

Guest Co.Ag.05

great work! I just installed GR3, and the 3G and H icon are AOSP but the H+ icon is Samsung. Is this common? didn't find anything in a search. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: just for clarification, I used the kitchen to bake a ROM as close to AOSP as possible. No battery percent mod either.

EDIT2: I imagine there isn't a "AOSP" H+ icon. Now that I think about it, I have never seen an H+ icon on stock AOSP ROMs, inclucing CM7.

Edited by Co.Ag.05

Guest prusling

Excellent ROM, Paul. Many thanks

Is there any chance that the BBC iPlayer could be restored, at least for UK users (unless I'm blind and it's there!)?

Guest SOHCking

Maybe its just me but does anybody else notice a strange sort of jerking when swiping though the stock launcher in GR3? other then that it runs great!

Guest enterusername

I experienced the same battery problem. It shows up as red with lightning when? Almost fully charged sip wifi was disabled from comments and I use battery percent option

Hi Paul, loving the ROM. I'm having an issue with Odex Me though. Each time I use it the phone bootloops constantly on reboot. The first time it did this (a few days ago) the phone wouldn't get into recovery mode or download mode at all with the hardware button combos, and I had to force it into download mode with my magic USB cable and reflash a kernel with Odia and restore from a backup of an old ROM. I thought it might be to do with me flashing Ninphetamine 2.0.5 before running Odex Me. Is there anything the app relies on in your kernel to work?

This time, only a few minutes ago, Odex Me has caused the phone to bootloop again. I was using Ninphetamine 2.0.5 again. This time I got back into the recovery in the ninphetamine kernel and re-flashed MCR. This didn't fix the problem and the phone continued to bootloop. The only fix I have been able to find so far is to restore from a backup again, then to reflash back to MCR.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is it because I'm flashing Ninphetamine before running Odex Me?

Apart from this the only other issue I'm having is the browser FCing as soon as I though the screen after it's opened the google homepage. Everything else so far is a giant bag of awesome.

Cheers, Chris.

Guest mynameisjon

There seems to be an issue with the battery percentage mod only reporting intervals of 5%. e.g 97% battery life shown as 95%, 2% shown as 0%.

Have disabled SIP over 3G.<br><br>@ Paul: problem might lie with sicopat's mod, and odexing with the mod baked in might cause FCs.<br>

Edited by mynameisjon

Guest Androidlover287

Added EFS auto backup script to the kitchen, it will be included in future prebakes.

P

Paul, any chance that could be a separate APK for people like me?

I don't want to upgrade to a newer version until my EFS is backed up.

EDIT: i have moved roms to GR3 now, i was GR1 before :)

Edited by Androidlover287