19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest clivec

Just booting up, reading the last post, i'm glad i saved my efs off to dropbox. Ok, can confirm, no imei or network. s***. Paul, we're gonna need a little help here...

Guest TheMathMan

Although... I can use WiFi?

Anyway, baseband unknown and blank IMEI from *#06#

I have previous backups efs-backup.tar.gz and efs_dev-block-mmcblk0p1.img

Anyway to restore either of these would be greatly appreciated

Finally, Paul's script has made a efs.autobackup.img on my SD. Is it going to be good though?

Edited by TheMathMan

Guest clivec

Well, i've tried to "DD" the img back, using my limited knowledge of ADB shell commands, but it's not working. Paul, help man!! Don't wanna mess around too much in case I screw it up!!

Although... I can use WiFi?

Anyway, baseband unknown and blank IMEI from *#06#

I have previous backups efs-backup.tar.gz and efs_dev-block-mmcblk0p1.img

Anyway to restore either of these would be greatly appreciated

Finally, Paul's script has made a efs.autobackup.img on my SD. Is it going to be good though?

This is not an EFS problem. Reflashing a baseband will fix it, I'll update the kitchen / zips asap.

P

Guest clivec

Looking at Paul's tweets from circa 2 hours ago, it looks as tho he's off on holiday today. Let's hope it's not a long one *cringes as he reaches for the optimus one and blows off the dust*

Just to confirm, my initial Gr5 release was missing it's modem.bin and was wiping the baseband but not reflashing it. This is now resolved, and can be fixed by re-downloading or flashing a baseband via odin / dd to partition 8.

P

Guest viddypiddy

I just noticed today that i can't turn off my phone the usual way. Holding down the power-button does nothing except make the phone semi-reboot (seems like the UI restarts, mediascanner starts again etc.)

I was expecting the power off menu :i

Anyone else seen this kind of behaviour?

Guest maedox

I just noticed today that i can't turn off my phone the usual way. Holding down the power-button does nothing except make the phone semi-reboot (seems like the UI restarts, mediascanner starts again etc.)

I was expecting the power off menu :i

Anyone else seen this kind of behaviour?

Yes, I've seen reports of it earlier in the thread. Connect your phone via adb and do a adb logcat to catch the log output when it happens. It might be easily fixable (permission issue perhaps?), but you may have to wipe/factory reset.

Guest viddypiddy

Yes, I've seen reports of it earlier in the thread. Connect your phone via adb and do a adb logcat to catch the log output when it happens. It might be easily fixable (permission issue perhaps?), but you may have to wipe/factory reset.

Seems like it had something to do with how i was baking the ROM, i went through all the baking options again and reflashed Gr5 and it was solved. No wipe needed.

Guest Alkymia

Seems like it had something to do with how i was baking the ROM, i went through all the baking options again and reflashed Gr5 and it was solved. No wipe needed.

U used sip over 3g with power button menu?