19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest clivec

all running great. can i get rid of the warning triangle at 1st boot?

By flashing a non custom rom, using a jig might work, but I'm not sure, I know it resets the custom rom count, but not sure about the triangle.

Guest donatinho

By flashing a non custom rom, using a jig might work, but I'm not sure, I know it resets the custom rom count, but not sure about the triangle.

Triangle it's about custom kernel, not about rom itself, you could solve it flashing a stock kernel. Not sure if it's available for KH3, neither if rom would work with it.

Guest halfords45

Triangle it's about custom kernel, not about rom itself, you could solve it flashing a stock kernel. Not sure if it's available for KH3, neither if rom would work with it.

Thanks for replies. Also i dont seem to have the Power Menu additions just get standard power menu when i hold power button. did not do a wipe when i installed does this matter?

Guest t0ph0id

Thanks for replies. Also i dont seem to have the Power Menu additions just get standard power menu when i hold power button. did not do a wipe when i installed does this matter?

Did you definitely tick the option in the kitchen when you baked the ROM?

Guest halfords45

Did you definitely tick the option in the kitchen when you baked the ROM?

Yeap also selected Google calanders and that did not install also see no improvement on Bluetooth after selecting advanced Bluetooth option

I have GR5 Vanilla edition installed on my SGS2. This rom works almost flawless. I have one "problem". I charge my SGS2 in a samsung deskstand next to my bed. At night, when my S2 is fully charged the system pops up a notification. After that the screen stays awake, displaying the clock, and does not return to it's sleep mode. Very annoying because the brightness of the screen does wake ME sometimes and the device has to be switched off manually. Because I rooted my device the day that I bought it I don't know if this problem already existed in the standard rom.

Edited by Celf

Guest Dreaming Sheep

I have GR5 Vanilla edition installed on my SGS2. This rom works almost flawless. I have one "problem". I charge my SGS2 in a samsung deskstand next to my bed. At night, when my S2 is fully charged the system pops up a notification. After that the screen stays awake, displaying the clock, and does not return to it's sleep mode. Very annoying because the brightness of the screen does wake ME sometimes and the device has to be switched off manually. Because I rooted my device the day that I bought it I don't know if this problem already existed in the standard rom.

Randomly, do you have NoLED installed? It may be one of the settings I've changed (not experimented yet) but since an update about a month ago whenever I plug mine in NoLED starts up and stops the screen automatically switching off. As soon as I kill NoLED, the screen switches off as normal.

Randomly, do you have NoLED installed? It may be one of the settings I've changed (not experimented yet) but since an update about a month ago whenever I plug mine in NoLED starts up and stops the screen automatically switching off. As soon as I kill NoLED, the screen switches off as normal.

No, don't have NoLED installed, only GR5 and the BLN addon. I put the S2 in the deskstand and switch the screen off. After a few hours a notifications pops up saying the phone is fully charged. From that moment on the clock kicks in and the screen doesn't switch off anymore until I switch is off in the morning.

Guest Loozaa

I am missing the "Stay awake"-option on my SGS2.

Had this one on every android-phone so far and it's pretty annoying using the phone for mp3's in my car and the display vanishes every 2 minutes.

On my Desire it could be found at: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake

Is the a way for reactivating this feature in the android-native way. Surely there may be some app for doing this but the native way has more style :rolleyes:.

Loozaa

Edited by Loozaa

Guest clivec

I am missing the "Stay awake"-option on my SGS2.

Had this one on every android-phone so far and it's pretty annoying using the phone for mp3's in my car and the display vanishes every 2 minutes.

On my Desire it could be found at: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake

Is the a way for reactivating this feature in the android-native way. Surely there may be some app for doing this but the native way has more style :rolleyes:.

Loozaa

Download "keep screen" off the market, I use this, it can be set for only particular apps, and its free!

Guest maddler

Could anyone please post default build.prop? I'm experiencing some issues with (new) market and cannot actually download whole ROM.

Thank you,

William

Guest t0ph0id

Hi Paul, looks like wake up lag has been reduced, see here

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1227479

Be nice to see this implemented in modaco rom.

Enjoy your holiday first though!

I've just added this fix to my baked Gr5 and it works perfectly!

Don't forget to do a backup first just in case!

Edit: scratch that, had a few issues after reboot.

Will wait until Paul gets back.

Edited by t0ph0id

Rom runs fine but XiiaLive keeps nagging about not having an internet connection while other apps who rely on a netwerk connection run fine. anybody else with this problem or is willing to give it a try? I hate to reflash if it doesn't solve a problem.

Guest Cebwizz

If it can be of any help.

A usb JIG does remove the triangle, it also also reset rom count and it can be use to get in download mode instead of the home+power+vol down sequence.

Just put it in place when the phone is off and it will wake it up and go to download mode.

Guest donatinho

If it can be of any help.

A usb JIG does remove the triangle, it also also reset rom count and it can be use to get in download mode instead of the home+power+vol down sequence.

Just put it in place when the phone is off and it will wake it up and go to download mode.

I know i can put the sgs2 in download mode with a jig, I wonder in which way it removes the yellow triangle though. DO i need to reflash a stock rom or?

Guest Cebwizz

I know i can put the sgs2 in download mode with a jig, I wonder in which way it removes the yellow triangle though. DO i need to reflash a stock rom or?

No there is no need to reflash or anything like that, I've just put it in it went to download counter was reset, reboot and no more triangle.

I'm not 100% sure how it does it but it does and I've never seen it since the first time I've use it, even if I've made a lot of changes since.

Guest Cebwizz

Where can I get this isn't jig? And can samsung tell you used it?

Just Google it or go to eBay you'll be able to get one for 5-10$ easily. As for Samsung I can't see how they can tell.

Guest clivec

Is anyone else having google talk authentication trouble with this ROM and do we have a solution?

I have been having Google talk/account problems the last couple of days, on two different devices, took me ages to log onto my Google account on my LG yesterday after an update, and I just had problems this morning while testing miui on my sgs2. Kept trying and it worked eventually.