19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, Baked, backed up, wiped data, Dalvik Cache, Factory reset

Boot up, the Setup wizard constantly FC's

Finally got around (basically blind touching!)

Now, I get a black screen instead of a desktop and nothing else.

Help !

Did you exclude all the launchers?

P

Guest declanc

What did you leave in / out? Are you able to check logcat?

Just gonna wipe mine now to try and replicate.

P

You mean leave in or out of the bake ? I removed most of the Samsung stuff. Took stock clauncher instead of TouchWiz, took the radio.

Looking at teh options I think I'm an idiot - I may have chosen NOT to take TouchWiz and forgotten to add the Generic Android Launcher.... Doh !

Baking a new one now ...

Guest declanc

You mean leave in or out of the bake ? I removed most of the Samsung stuff. Took stock clauncher instead of TouchWiz, took the radio.

Looking at teh options I think I'm an idiot - I may have chosen NOT to take TouchWiz and forgotten to add the Generic Android Launcher.... Doh !

Baking a new one now ...

P : you spotted my idiocy before I did :). will let ya know how the new bake goes.

BTW, how come it remembers my swipe-pin unlock gesture ? That must be in a really low level of the ROM that you don't touch ?

Baking a new one now ...

Haha! :)

I'll do a wipe and reflash anyway, just to check the startup wizard is working OK...

P

Guest declanc

I'll do a wipe and reflash anyway, just to check the startup wizard is working OK...

P

OK. I aslo got a FC for a "buddies widget" thing - didnt get enough of the name but might mean something to you ..

Guest declanc

P

Tried it again - but still no launcher. baking again now with both Stock launcher and the TouchWiz one - there might be some dependency between them ?

Guest Pakatus

Ah I see, i'll look into the power menu.

re: the data toggle though, not everyone will likely want this?

P

I use mobile data on demand since my Data plan is limited...and i toggle it on whener i want to use it outside Wifi coverage :)

Can live without it...but would be usefull...to save on the power button :)

Tried it again - but still no launcher. baking again now with both Stock launcher and the TouchWiz one - there might be some dependency between them ?

Apologies, i've just found (and corrected) an error in the kitchen script that was causing the stock launcher to not get included... i've fixed it now.

P

Guest kayceejayh

Apologies, i've just found (and corrected) an error in the kitchen script that was causing the stock launcher to not get included... i've fixed it now.

P

Hmm kitchen doesn't seem to be 'remembering' the options I've ticked between bakes.. Using Google Chrome.

K

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Aaah excellent thanks Paul. Had been holding off installing Cyanogen, but there's still lots of Samsung "chaff" that needs removing.

I'll certainly give this a go.

Guest ratcom

BTW, how come it remembers my swipe-pin unlock gesture ? That must be in a really low level of the ROM that you don't touch ?

passwords for locks are kept in a system folder called efs, this folder does not get flashed by any rom. You should make a back of this folder for safety reasons.

read full thread for details http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1068193