19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ascito

@Paul

in the next kitchen update, would it be possible to enable stock SIP client by adding android.software.sip.voip.xml to system\etc\permissions\?

THX!

@Paul

in the next kitchen update, would it be possible to enable stock SIP client by adding android.software.sip.voip.xml to system\etc\permissions\?

THX!

Definitely!

P

I've written a 'EFS Dumper' APK that I will post soon... sadly this won't help SwagR... I will also update the first post to reflect the important of having a EFS backup!

P

Guest Androidlover287

This may be weird but what is a EFS? i'm guessing it has something to do with the baseband?

I found out what it did/was, disregard this.

Edited by Androidlover287

I've written a 'EFS Dumper' APK that I will post soon... sadly this won't help SwagR... I will also update the first post to reflect the important of having a EFS backup!

P

I have the complete EFS folder from my friends GS2..can anything in there help?

Any reason why i can't resize widgets within Touchwiz with this ROM?

Also, the Samsung / stock Calendar widget isn't included, and my hacked Email.apk that removes the need for PIN lock on my work email no longer works for some reason. That's prob going to be annoying for a while :(

Edited by QLF

Guest AlThePost

Great work, Paul! I've enjoyed MCRs for the Hero and Desire Z so having one for the GS2 makes me all warm and fuzzy. :)

Baked me an (almost) Samsung-free version using the stock app options and loving it. No issues at all.

Update!

Most of these are in the kitchen. however as I'm not ready to release Gr2 yet, i'll be releasing the kernels as a seperately flashable option - watch this space. :)

P

Changelog

15 Aug 14:00

• Added MoDaCo Custom Kernel r1 in BLN and no-BLN flavours
  • Added terminfo support to boot image (MCK only)
  • Added tmpfs Market download configuration (MCK only)
  • Added SIP XML in permissions directory (user request)
  • Added patched E-Mail APK (administrator removal) by gauner1986 (user request)
  • Added patched SQLIte library (sync removal) as discussed by ownhere (user request)
  • Added app_process smoothness patch by nikademus (user request)
  • Fixed 'CRT effect blockiness' issue

Guest Pakatus

Oh, and the new MCK kernel is running on 2.6.35.14. No huge changes, just looking to be super smooth and super reliable. :)

P

Amazing work.

Already tried about 4 roms...and yours is the most stable and smooth yet.

Too soon to talk about battery life...just wondering..is the BLN flavoured kernel relies on Kernel Wakelocks or you made magic?

PS: Still waiting really bad for the Mobile Data Toggle Button. :)

• MoDaCo Custom Kernel r1 WITH BLN for expert installation only via DD ('dd if=zImage of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5') - DOWNLOAD
  • MoDaCo Custom Kernel r1 WITHOUT BLN for expert installation only via DD ('dd if=zImage of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5') - DOWNLOAD

:)

P

Guest Androidlover287

How to install custom kernal?, it thought it was going to be a clockwork flash?

Mediafire screwed up again, it's not a .zip file, btw

Edited by Androidlover287

Ah perfection. Cheers Paul. Well worth buying ad-free for the kitchen.

Anyone know if this works well with other kernels? i.e. Ninphetamine 2.0.5? I've not baked in an MCR kernel.

Ah perfection. Cheers Paul. Well worth buying ad-free for the kitchen.

Anyone know if this works well with other kernels? i.e. Ninphetamine 2.0.5? I've not baked in an MCR kernel.

If you flash the other kernel after flashing MCR it should work fine.

P

Guest kayceejayh

Hmmm just flashed with the BLN Kernel, and left the phone on my desk and noticed the screen is waking randomly.. I've not had any notifications. Anyone else seeing this?

K

Guest Shakaw
Hmmm just flashed with the BLN Kernel, and left the phone on my desk and noticed the screen is waking randomly.. I've not had any notifications. Anyone else seeing this?

K

Same here