19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest enterusername

The power options when I hold the power button are gone. It only has the basic power options.

I've used this option:

Power Menu additions / Battery Percentage icon + SIP over 3G

This is with the most recent kitchen gr5.

Edited by enterusername

Guest Alkymia

The power options when I hold the power button are gone. It only has the basic power options.

I've used this option:

Power Menu additions / Battery Percentage icon + SIP over 3G

This is with the most recent kitchen gr5.

same here

Guest r5ingh

Hi Paul,

I've flashed the Vanilla version of the rom with the BLN patch...

Possible bugs:

Clock application force closes when setting a new alarm.. (I tried un/reinstalling the application using root explorer, but no luck..) < has anyone else had this issue?

Auto updating multiple apps in market causes a reboot...

Regards!

Guest Junior Bear

Can I install this Rom following Pauls instructions, even though I am already running custom Rom. Or does the procedure apply no matter what Rom

Guest Zorglub

Hmm... back with the stock 2.3.3 ROM I was getting a lot of random reboots. These disappeared with the first 2.3.4 ROM that was released in July, didn't see them in Gr1, but the are unfortunately back in Gr5.

Anyone else getting these?

Guest artesea

Hi Paul,

I've flashed the Vanilla version of the rom with the BLN patch...

Possible bugs:

Clock application force closes when setting a new alarm.. (I tried un/reinstalling the application using root explorer, but no luck..) < has anyone else had this issue?

Auto updating multiple apps in market causes a reboot...

Regards!

Getting stock clock giving FCs however going back in they are set and do go off in the morning, so not a major worry.

Guest hanelyco

Email widgets fcing, and also email.android process fcing when I receive an sms and also randomly. Tried full wipe and different combinations in kitchen, but no success. Was perfectly stable up until Gr5

Getting stock clock giving FCs however going back in they are set and do go off in the morning, so not a major worry.

Vanilla installed with BLN patch and my only real issue is that the Video player does not track the position of the video, and so if you return to it, you have hunt to where you left off

Guest Co.Ag.05

Working fine here.

Calendar and Clock working fine here. Baked Gr5 with most Samsung apps left out (clock and calendar are about the only samsung apps I left in when baking).

Guest maddler

has anyone else noticed GREATLY improved battery life? With basically same use pattern I'm getting not less than 5 or 6 hours more than before. Very very nice finding!

Guest Alkymia

Again the same as another user: my only real issue is that the Video player does not track the position of the video, and so if you return to it, you have hunt to where you left off .Also off the menu does not include download mode .... or see the% of battery despite having cooked.

Thanks a lot.

Again the same as another user: my only real issue is that the Video player does not track the position of the video, and so if you return to it, you have hunt to where you left off .Also off the menu does not include download mode .... or see the% of battery despite having cooked.

Thanks a lot.

It turns out the that old Video app is still installed, so I just went back to using that.

Thanks a lot.

It turns out the that old Video app is still installed, so I just went back to using that.

Guest Co.Ag.05

has anyone else noticed GREATLY improved battery life? With basically same use pattern I'm getting not less than 5 or 6 hours more than before. Very very nice finding!

same here!

Guest Alkymia

Neither video applications, the Samsung and the Google saves the last point of the video seen. Thanks.

Guest scubadoobpm

Clock, calendar and video resume (only samsung video tested) all working normally for me.

Gr5, first modaco sg2 rom, full wipe.

The only issue I can confirm is the extended power menu is absent, percentage mod working normally.

I chose the mod with sip over 3g option.

Guest mikehayes

Rock solid performance from GR5 - the first bake didn't have Power control menu even though I thought I did select it. Went back and rebaked another ROM and installed and it was there. With all my ROMS I always do a full wipe, reformat USB storage (all mass storage actually), wipe EVERYTHING and then install - bit more work setting up but is a bit easier to trace back a problem if one arises.

So have been using the GR5 kitchen baked rom wonderfully with no issues until Tuesday ... sometimes the 'back/return' soft-touch key on the right hand side of the SGSII stops working. A reboot fixes the problem. It is now happening 2-3 times a day.

Anyone else experience it?

Guest Co.Ag.05

snip...

So have been using the GR5 kitchen baked rom wonderfully with no issues until Tuesday ... sometimes the 'back/return' soft-touch key on the right hand side of the SGSII stops working. A reboot fixes the problem. It is now happening 2-3 times a day.

Anyone else experience it?

not here... very strange behavior!

Guest gluttony

Hi paul, great work on the Rom! I'm having a little issue with the market... apps that I could previously download with the stock Rom now don't have an install button... e.g. HDR camera. Does anyone else have this problem? And yes I've tried a wipe and reinstall of the Rom.

Thanks

Guest artesea

Hi paul, great work on the Rom! I'm having a little issue with the market... apps that I could previously download with the stock Rom now don't have an install button... e.g. HDR camera. Does anyone else have this problem? And yes I've tried a wipe and reinstall of the Rom.

Thanks

Have you tried ticking

Stock build.prop installed to /system partition

• This option includes stock build.prop - by default the ROM will masquerade as a Nexus S to maximise market content.

Guest gluttony

Have you tried ticking

Stock build.prop installed to /system partition

• This option includes stock build.prop - by default the ROM will masquerade as a Nexus S to maximise market content.

I was using the prebaked GR5 rom i'm guessing this isnt included? would build.prop from another rom (that i know works) work with this rom?