19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest enterusername

Does the front facing camera work with yahoo messenger with this rom?

I can't figure out how to get the front facing camera to work it only uses the back facing camera.

Guest NikolayS
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS mandatory, but if you do encounter issues, please wipe and try again before reporting them here,aning at this time we are unable to add EXT4 support.

I think the original post has a mistake. As far as I know all SGSII ROMs are EXT4. I presume it's a copy-paste mistake, it's nothing big, but got me thinking for a second.

Guest TheMathMan

Using the kitchen... Google calendar wasn't installed. Just got the Sammy one.

Also, major Market issues after using Titanium to restore. They don't show as installed and Market Doctor isn't fixing.

Guest mynameisjon

Wow nice job Paul!

A few questions:

1. In XDA-devs you said not to *expect* support for donating. I fully understand that. I just want to ask, how difficult would it be for users to contribute to the ongoing development of this kitchen if, say, a new baseband were to be released?

2. Would the screen shot shortcut still be the same (power+home) if I cooked with the screenshot apk?

Eagerly awaiting my payment verification. :)

Edited by mynameisjon

Guest PAQman

Hi Paul,

the Screen Capture-Service is missing, when bake the rom. And I'm sure, I've selected it ;)

you could remove SevenEngine.apk when the SocialHub ist deselected. It is a part of it.

Here is a nice Spreadsheet, you could be interested in -> <click me hard>

greetings, Andi

---- edit ---

Screen Capture is also missing in the prebuild rom

Edited by PAQman

Guest TheMathMan
Hi Paul,

the Screen Capture-Service is missing, when bake the rom. And I'm sure, I've selected it

you could remove SevenEngine.apk when the SocialHub ist deselected. It is a part of it.

Here is a nice Spreadsheet, you could be interested in -> <click me hard>

greetings, Andi

Yep. Same here. Definitely selected it but missing.

I think the original post has a mistake. As far as I know all SGSII ROMs are EXT4. I presume it's a copy-paste mistake, it's nothing big, but got me thinking for a second.

Whoops, typo, i'll update. :)

P

the Screen Capture-Service is missing, when bake the rom. And I'm sure, I've selected it ;)

Apologies, i've corrected that option in the kitchen!

Thanks for the Spreadsheet, i'll have a look! :)

P

Wow nice job Paul!

A few questions:

1. In XDA-devs you said not to *expect* support for donating. I fully understand that. I just want to ask, how difficult would it be for users to contribute to the ongoing development of this kitchen if, say, a new baseband were to be released?

2. Would the screen shot shortcut still be the same (power+home) if I cooked with the screenshot apk?

Eagerly awaiting my payment verification. :)

1. I plan to support this for a while, but kitchens are actually open to devs now, so anyone wanting to make a kitchen of their own can!

P

Guest Androidlover287

I'm confused about how to install the Non kitchen download, It is not a zip file so how do i install it via clockwork mod recovery?

Edited by Androidlover287

Guest mynameisjon

1. I plan to support this for a while, but kitchens are actually open to devs now, so anyone wanting to make a kitchen of their own can!

P

Thanks. Good to know. Lets hope some good devs start picking it up!

Good luck Gunners!

Guest ascito

@Paul

Finally your ROM!

THX a lot!

@all of you

One question: I notice on rebooting that my CSC is now KOR. My device is an ITA no brand. How do restore my ITV CSC?

Thanx again for your answer

@Paul

Finally your ROM!

THX a lot!

@all of you

One question: I notice on rebooting that my CSC is now KOR. My device is an ITA no brand. How do restore my ITV CSC?

Thanx again for your answer

Interesting, i'll check that out. I should be able to add CSC options to the kitchen.

P

Guest enterusername

I did online kitchen and I had video checkmarked but I see no video player?

nevermind found video.

Edited by enterusername

Guest Androidlover287

Paul i don't know why byt the CF root kernal seems to crash easy freezy, is there a way to use another kernal in the kitchen, or could you try to find a fix please?

Guest TheMathMan

Flashed a kitchen ROM last night. Now you've fixed it with the screenshot app and Google calendar do I need to bake a whole new ROM and flash it over?

Paul i don't know why byt the CF root kernal seems to crash easy freezy, is there a way to use another kernal in the kitchen, or could you try to find a fix please?

Working on my own kernel!

P