[ROM] [Gingerbread AOSP 2.3.5]

Guest joestone

Guest joestone

GingerBlade is a compiled rom from Google's 2.3.5 sources and contains some sources from Cyanogenmod (Thanks for them). You can see the bugs in this post.

The rom is rooted !

Download The server contains my previous job for gt540 ((http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=969366) , but the Blade version contains word "blade" in the filename. (gingerblade0904.zip)

The CPU works between 245 MHz and 600 MHz as default . The used governor is ondemand . The maximum possible overclock frequency is 852 MHz in the kernel .

The APN settings are set according to the sim card inserted .

It is using stagefright codecs insted of the stock opencore codecs .

The kernel is based on sources released on 2011.06.24 by ZTE . It contains overclock , cifs support .

It was made on stock partition layout , but it should work on any layout .The size of the system appr.122MB and the cache2ram function is activated .

287518_blade40_2.thumb.png287518_blade25.thumb.png

287518_blade39.thumb.png287518_blade30.thumb.png

287518_blade15.thumb.png

Some Benchmarks (quadrant and neocore are on the default 600MHz) :

287518_blade27.thumb.png287518_blade28.thumb.png

287518_blade41.thumb.png287518_blade43.thumb.png

Updated :2011.09.04

Build number: GINGERBREAD_GRJ90

-Changes Since 0811 version

Android version upgraded to 2.3.5 and repo changed to Google's repo from Codeaurora's repo .

- Changes since 0810 version :

Sensors logcat errors fixed.

FMRadio works.

Ambient light sensor works.

Slightly increased volume.

- 0810 First alpha release

Known bugs :

Updated :2011.09.04

- FMRadio loose tuned station in case of incoming call or sound notification. (change the frequency and re-set the original freqency).

- The camera saves not the zoomed picture .

- LED Notification not works .

- Wifi does not stay on when the phone goes to sleep.

Important to do a wipe data/factory reset in recovery before installation!!

Installation:

Install from CWM Recovery (was tested with 4.0.1)

Download the gingerblade0904.zip file.

Copy it to the sdcard

Reboot the phone to recovery

select install zip from sdcard

Select choose zip from sdcard

Browse to gingerblade0904.zip

select install

Edited by joestone

Guest joestone

Hi,

i will be testing now, what codeaurora sources did you use?

I used my old sources 2.3.2 (from git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git) which I used with gt540 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=969366). The fmradio is from cm sources and related files in framework. DSP Manager is also from cm sources ,gpsshim is also from cm sources .In the future I plan to upgrade to 2.3.4 or 2.3.5 .

Edited by joestone

Guest KonstaT

Good job, this is a very good start!

Had a quick test and here are few notes. First thing I noticed is that my ambient light sensor wasn't working so the autobrightness doesn't work either (probably kernel thing). I can't sign into my google account using 3G connection. Actually all google apps (maps, youtube) complain that there is no network connection. Stock browser works over 3G though. Also my carrier name is displayed incorrectly (it shows Elisa when it should be Saunalahti). Tried replacing RILs but that didn't help.

What's the idea behind two launchers and home selector?

It might be also a good idea to make your ROM into a normal clockwork flashable zip. I think more people would try it and you'd get more feedback. Overall your ROM feels fast and solid.

Keep up the good work.

Guest joestone

Thanks for the test and feedback!

I had simplier way while developping for gt540 even if there was no driver sources available as on Blade , because every model of gt540 was made on the same hardware . I know there are different versions of Blade . I tested the sensors on my Blade using my android sensors app, maybe a different version of libsensor (sensors.default.so) will work on your device. If you find one please let me know .

About the 3G . Did you check that the apn is set correctly , maybe my /system/etc/apns-conf.xml is outdated . Here in Hungary it works fine , and maybe it can cause that your provider name is incorrect.

The idea behind the two launcher is also coming from the gt540 . Someone likes the stock look of android , while someone wants to apply a theme for it , but does not like CM .

I will create the suggested update.zip .

Thanks again for the test and for the suggestions.

post-767487-0-77317800-1313178639_thumb.

post-767487-0-58796900-1313179383_thumb.

Edited by joestone

Guest Sami Beck

Thanks for the test and feedback!

I had simplier way while developping for gt540 even if there was no driver sources available as on Blade , because every model of gt540 was made on the same hardware . I know there are different versions of Blade . I tested the sensors on my Blade using my android sensors app, maybe a different version of libsensor (sensors.default.so) will work on your device. If you find one please let me know .

About the 3G . Did you check that the apn is set correctly , maybe my /system/etc/apns-conf.xml is outdated . Here in Hungary it works fine , and maybe it can cause that your provider name is incorrect.

The idea behind the two launcher is also coming from the gt540 . Someone likes the stock look of android , while someone wants to apply a theme for it , but does not like CM .

I will create the suggested update.zip .

Thanks again for the test and for the suggestions.

Really like this idea and I'm suprised that this hasnt has more feedback and views! Keep up the good work.

Guest ThrashMan

Cool a new rom which seem real nice! Does the overclock works? Because i was never able to set my blade to 850mhz cm7 (freeze probems)

rofl.....punch yourself on the nose.....now!!!!

Guest solidslash

Cool a new rom which seem real nice! Does the overclock works? Because i was never able to set my blade to 850mhz cm7 (freeze probems)

You obviously want to kill your Blade. Way to go!

Guest ayziaa

rofl.....punch yourself on the nose.....now!!!!

Ok maybe i'm a noob and don't know anything about overclocking a phone. Maybe I should have have ask my question differently and somewhere else. But is this a reason to have this kind of answer?

Edited by ayziaa

Guest ThrashMan

Ok maybe i'm a noob and don't know anything about overclocking a phone. Maybe I should have have ask my question differently and somewhere else. But is this a reason to have this kind of answer?

Maybe you don't know anything about overclocking a phone. Use Google and find out.....then you'll know something new and feel good!

Do you think that because the overclocking software has a setting for 850Mhz that you should be able to use it?

A different ROM will not allow your CPU to overclock any differently.

Edited by ThrashMan

Guest Maxsas360

I think 850mhz should be removed. But AOSP Gingerbread rom is a good thing, but it will be the same story as CM7, so I'll wait some time and I'll use it

Guest t0mm13b

But AOSP Gingerbread rom is a good thing, but it will be the same story as CM7

What do you mean 'same story as CM7'? :huh:

You do know that CM7 is a forked from AOSP with additions. The AOSP is more of a standard base for handset/oem manufacturers to start off with getting Android on a particular board.

And also, Google are remaining tight-lipped about CyanogenMod ROM's popularity... and as long as CM does not violate bundling Google apps (which they got threatened with a cease and desist letter a while back)... Things will change for the better now that Steve Kondik (founder of CM) is employed by Samsung and hopefully kick the CWM to work properly full-on 100% on samsung's own proprietary memory filesystems which is somewhat... undocumented.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Maxsas360

I mean. There will be same issues like in early CM7: battery drain, instability and etc. It will take awhile till it will be a daily use ROM.

Guest t0mm13b

I mean. There will be same issues like in early CM7: battery drain, instability and etc. It will take awhile till it will be a daily use ROM.

Uhmmm

I beg to differ.

CM7 is a modified form of AOSP with extras.

AOSP is a barebones Android that is pure stock google system you'd see on a handset by a manufacturer that has not added their own branding etc and therefore would be more stable and faster...

But then again you should not be tarring the AOSP source with the same brush as CM7 and assume that AOSP is unstable etc...

Guest joestone

Can you post the device config used? If built from source.

Here it is (boardconfig.mk):

LOCAL_PATH:= $(call my-dir)

USE_CAMERA_STUB := false

TARGET_USES_OLD_LIBSENSORS_HAL := true

BOARD_HAS_FLIPPED_SCREEN := true

BOARD_NO_RGBX_8888 := true

TARGET_NO_BOOTLOADER := true

TARGET_PREBUILT_RECOVERY_KERNEL := device/zte/blade/kernel

BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := androidboot.hardware=blade console=null g_android.product_id=0x1354 g_android.serial_number=Blade

TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := msm7k

TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv5te-vfp

TARGET_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp

TARGET_GLOBAL_CPPFLAGS += -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp

TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM_GPU := qcom-adreno200

TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := blade

TARGET_LIBAGL_USE_GRALLOC_COPYBITS := true

BOARD_NO_RGBX_8888 := true

NO_RGBX_8888 := true

BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true

BOARD_HAVE_FM_RADIO := true

BOARD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DHAVE_FM_RADIO

# Wifi related defines

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := WEXT

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH     := "/system/wifi/ar6000.ko"

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME     := "ar6000"

WITH_JIT := true

ENABLE_JSC_JIT := true

JS_ENGINE := v8

# OpenGL drivers config file path

BOARD_EGL_CFG := device/zte/blade/egl.cfg

BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE := true

BOARD_USES_QCOM_LIBS := true

BOARD_USES_GPSSHIM := true 

BOARD_GPS_NEEDS_XTRA := true 

BOARD_GPS_LIBRARIES := libloc \

libloc-rpc \

libcommondefs

BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x02600000

TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBRIL := true

TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO := true

BOARD_USE_USB_MASS_STORAGE_SWITCH := true

TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH := /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun

BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE := "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"

# # cat /proc/mtd

# dev:    size   erasesize  name

# mtd0: 00480000 00020000 "recovery"

# mtd1: 00480000 00020000 "boot"

# mtd2: 00180000 00020000 "splash"

# mtd3: 00060000 00020000 "misc"

# mtd4: 02940000 00020000 "cache"

# mtd5: 0cf80000 00020000 "system"

# mtd6: 0d020000 00020000 "userdata"

# mtd7: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE     := 0x00480000

BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00480000

BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE   := 0x0cf80000

BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0d020000

BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072

Guest joestone

If it's compiled from sources where are the sources ?

any github ?

I have not published the sources , so it is on my computer , because all source codes I used are freely downloadable . Only my modifications are not published , but if you want to build a rom I can give you some advice in pm how to start .The standard android sources downloadable following the source.android.com , You need to modify it to get it work on blade. The kernel sources downloadable from zte . The cm sources also downloadble from github (fmradio , usb, wpa_supplicant) and of course you will need some legacy libs for gsm, wifi and codecs.

Guest Phoenix Silver

I have not published the sources , so it is on my computer , because all source codes I used are freely downloadable . Only my modifications are not published , but if you want to build a rom I can give you some advice in pm how to start .The standard android sources downloadable following the source.android.com , You need to modify it to get it work on blade. The kernel sources downloadable from zte . The cm sources also downloadble from github (fmradio , usb, wpa_supplicant) and of course you will need some legacy libs for gsm, wifi and codecs.

Gpl license say you have to publish the sources of your binaries.

Especially when you modify the work of someone else and publish it.

I don't need your advices

I already have compiled my rom with AOSP 2.3.5 sources

Rom is in preparation and will be published soon

And the sources are available in my github like it's required by the Gpl license.