CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest almera8

Done - update up!

Hi Tilal,

Thanks for this update, I am very pleased with the proximity sensor being fixed. Can I update from CM7 V3 and keep all my apps or do I need to do the wipes and reinstall all my apps? (I might try Ligux or Atomix if I need to reinstall my apps)

Edit #1:

It is an update (just as the download says). After updating and rebooting, Link2SD needed a quick boot, but everything is still working as before. The Proximity sensor calibration app has been removed though. I haven't received a call jet so I'm not sure it fixed the proximity sensor for me.

Edit #2: I had to recreate the Link2SD bootscript to ext4 (a setting in Link2SD) before it works every hard reboot.

Received a call today and the screen was black afterwards. I use the fix Tilal suggested; settings\accessibility\power button ends call, but it didn't work this time. It used to work with CM7 v3.0

@ Tilal how can I get the ZTE calibration app, tried to copy the APK from the V3 rom but it doesn't let me install.

Edited by almera8

I done a fresh install and it asked me what I wanted to launch something with. I just clicked the first thing listed and it seemed to fix things :blink: Anyway, theres a bug and I don't know if it's known but if you load up the camera and then select to restore the defaults the application will want to close.

Edit #1:

The same thing happens on the new LiGux ROM too. It asks me to complete the action using either com.android.provision. or Setup Wizard.

Edit #2:

LiGux also gets the same "has stopped unexpectedly" error when restoring default camera settings.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Skate Away

Nope, a fixed proximity sensor too! Lilat is my saviour I swear ;).

AFAIK my proximity sensor is working ok blink.gif

What are the symptoms if it isn't ?

Guest Atomix86

AFAIK my proximity sensor is working ok

What are the symptoms if it isn't ?

Screen going black when answering a call, and it never turning back on, even if person on other end hangs up. It's ok now though, and I'm dead chuffed lol.

Guest dadashi

cyanogenmod7 is probably the best rom anybody could wish for their smartphone...shame skate never got officially supported and now cm7 has ended....

maybe skate will be supported with cm9...?

Guest Skate Away

Screen going black when answering a call, and it never turning back on, even if person on other end hangs up. It's ok now though, and I'm dead chuffed lol.

Ok, I don't seem to have that problem and I don't need to record video at high res.

I'd guess it's not worth the effort to update atm ?

Guest Atomix86
cyanogenmod7 is probably the best rom anybody could wish for their smartphone...shame skate never got officially supported and now cm7 has ended....

With a good dev behind it, it definitely is one of the best.

Ok, I don't seem to have that problem and I don't need to record video at high res.

In that case, no you'll be fine. I think it's a no wipe update though?

Guest tilal6991

Not really - there's nothing else.

Guest tilal6991

If I can get camera working (and when Tom G gets camera working on his Blade port this should be a piece of cake!) there is nothing stopping it from being added - I will put a request in.

Guest tilal6991

It says nothing. It installs fine, I reboot but then it's not listed anywhere. I'm using a 160MB TPT if thats a problem?

Just connect to wifi / 3g and market should automatically download.

Guest tilal6991

im sure theres more to the v3.5 other than just the camera upgrade...

Nope - it's a binary mod of 3.0 so it's just camera fix and proximity calibration fix.

Guest Atomix86
It says nothing. It installs fine, I reboot but then it's not listed anywhere. I'm using a 160MB TPT if thats a problem?

Strange, works perfectly for me and I'm using a 150mb system partition. Did you do a complete system partition wipe before installing cm7?

Guest D3abL3

Gapps take about 20MB, system in CM7 takes about 140 or smth(confirm please) so 160MB in system would be the cause imo.

Care to verify you current free space in /system?

@Atomix86: Didn't you clean up the zip before flash? CM7 fits a 150? :huh:

Edited by D3abL3

Fixed it. I downloaded ColorNote so that I could copy and paste my complex wireless key and then rebooted into recovery and installed gapps once more and now it's showing the icon :)

Of course I always do all of the steps to make sure the device is wiped clean before installing ROM's.

Thanks guys.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Peterzon99

Nope - it's a binary mod of 3.0 so it's just camera fix and proximity calibration fix.

Unfortunately proximity is still not works for me. Before celibration: dark screen, after calibration (settings before calibration message): screen stays on. Proximity calibration data is empty and writes I already use defaults. Any idea? With non-CM7 based roms it works fine (after calibration).

Edited by Peterzon99

Guest tilal6991

Unfortunately proximity is still not works for me. Before celibration: dark screen, after calibration (settings before calibration message): screen stays on. Proximity calibration data is empty and writes I already use defaults. Any idea? With non-CM7 based roms it works fine (after calibration).

Are you using the calibration in settings?

Guest Atomix86

Gapps take about 20MB, system in CM7 takes about 140 or smth(confirm please) so 160MB in system would be the cause imo.

Care to verify you current free space in /system?

@Atomix86: Didn't you clean up the zip before flash? CM7 fits a 150?

Nope, after installing and flashing gapps it still shows about 13mb free too. This exact partition was the one recommended in the tpt thread.