CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Is anyone else experiencing audio interference when using headphones with v3.5? It was also present on v3.0.

Do you mean at low volume?

If so that is there on all cm7 builds,and may be something to do with zte hardware and not the roms.

Edited by Guest

Guest luutjamie

Yes.

If so that is there on all cm7 builds,and may be something to do with zte hardware and not the roms.

Wouldn't like to say as I never tried it with the stock rom. It doesn't happen with the ZTE Blade with CM7.1 though, which I grant is different hardware, but its hard to imagine ZTE would make such a retrograde step.

I checked for this with a pair of decent phones with a standard TRS stereo jack and didn't experience much noise at lower volume.

I then tried a set of ZTE in ear jobs with the TRRS extra ring connector on the jack (presumably for the mic) and I heard the noise and interference people talk about.

So wondering - is experiencing this noise mostly related to:

1. Use of 4 contact (TRRS?) mic + cans jack vs standard stereo circuit ?

2. Headphone Impedance (dunno what ZTE in ear phones are - my full size headphones are 80 Ohms) ?

3. Headphone Sensitivity

Any thoughts?

Remember everyone. This is still a fairly early port. The build I'm running is much better and I will post it today.

Its not a port. Its built from scratch.

Apologies, I did not realise that you had changed from a ported version to a 'built from scratch' version.

Guest tilal6991

Apologies, I did not realise that you had changed from a ported version to a 'built from scratch' version.

Its fine. My builds were never ported. They were always built from scratch.

I will release an updated build soon.

What happened to final build :lol:

Well,I am not complaining :D

Why not wait till 7.2 final is released? You work too hard,

gonna strain an eye,a finger tip or something :lol:

Edited by Guest

@ebus,

I am using adw ex in cm7 now,it works fine,try reinstalling it.

If the graphics are a problem,go to cm settings/performance and disable 16 bit transparency and reboot.

sorted disabling it worked a treat on the battery stats

but just tried adw ex and doc is completely unresponsive and go launcher the phone phone icon in doc just works like once every 5/6 times

thank you :)

Edited by ebus

Guest tilal6991

What happened to final build

Well,I am not complaining

Why not wait till 7.2 final is released? You work too hard,

gonna strain an eye,a finger tip or something

Haha. ;)

Well I thought cm9 would have had more progress by now. So I said it would be a final.

Could check and see which Blade KANG is the latest?

Haha. ;)

Well I thought cm9 would have had more progress by now. So I said it would be a final.

Could check and see which Blade KANG is the latest?

I believe the latest is burstlams odex build.

I will see if I can find it for you,as I put it on my sisters blade few days ago.

It has usb host mode.

Here it is:

Edited by Guest

Guest tilal6991

I will see if I can find it for you,as I put it on my sisters blade few days ago.

It has usb host mode.

Great!

Guest Atomix86

It has usb host mode.

Here it is: http://android.modac...82#entry1861082

Nice find, this bit particularly interests me:

"about snappier some may say they found a drop in speed for benchmarks but the performance of the phone increases noticeably due to the better switch for apps and more ram for multi-task environment"

Guest TouchyAndalou
I just had to pull the battery after ending a call. Screen went black and wouldn't respond. I've recalibrated in blade parts, but I had already done that previously, so not sure whether that'll fix the problem.

Are there any other known fixes? Thanks.

Still getting this problem, just had to pull the battery again after a call despite having calibrated the sensor. Anybody have any ideas?

Is it possible to download the ZTE dialler for this rom? Perhaps calibrating that way would make a difference.

Still getting this problem, just had to pull the battery again after a call despite having calibrated the sensor. Anybody have any ideas?

Is it possible to download the ZTE dialler for this rom? Perhaps calibrating that way would make a difference.

I think targetbsps one is even late than that - 1st Jan.

I haven't updated my blade for about a month, so I will have a look at the other forum and see which I think is best. The biggest driver will probably be what extras are in, e.g. odexed or not, softbuttons, changed kernel, and I spotted that someone has added the ZTE dialler into a build... be nice to search by name in the dialler (the only useful feature in the stock ROM versus CM).

Edited by Stu C

Guest ears1991

got this on my mums phone, its awesome! although she just sent me an email (using the hotmail app from the market) and after the email it has a load of chinese crap :S Any ideas if its the rom or the hotmail app? :S

[color=#2A2A2A]格浴㹬਍格慥㹤਍猼祴敬㰾ⴡഭ⸊浨敭獳条⁥൐笊਍慭杲湩〺硰഻瀊摡楤杮〺硰਍ൽ戊摯⹹浨敭獳条൥笊਍潦瑮猭穩㩥ㄠ瀰㭴਍潦瑮昭浡汩㩹慔潨慭਍ൽⴊ㸭⼼瑳汹㹥⼼敨摡ാ㰊潢祤挠慬獳✽浨敭獳条❥㰾楤⁶楤㵲氧牴㸧਍歯‬⁩潦湵⁤瑩瀠慬敹⁤灵愠潢瑵猠湥楤杮琠硥獴琠潨杵⁨潳敭楴敭ⱳ樠獵⁴潳礠畯欠潮ⅷ戼㹲戼㹲搼癩㰾楤⁶摩∽歓䑹楲敶汐捡桥汯敤≲㰾搯癩㰾牨椠㵤猢潴印数汬湩≧䐾瑡㩥䘠楲‬㌱䨠湡㈠㄰′㘱ㄺ㨴㘵⬠〰〰戼㹲畓橢捥㩴删㩅瀠潨敮戼㹲牆浯›湡敧慬欮湥敮祤㐵汀癩⹥潣㱭牢吾㩯挠歪湥敮祤桀瑯慭汩挮⹯歵戼㹲戼㹲਍਍洼瑥⁡瑨灴攭畱癩∽潃瑮湥⵴祔数•潣瑮湥㵴琢硥⽴瑨汭※档牡敳㵴湵捩摯≥ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥䜢湥牥瑡牯•潣瑮湥㵴䴢捩潲潳瑦匠晡䡥䵔≌ാഊ㰊瑳汹㹥਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳⸠捥䕸慭汩畑瑯൥笊慭杲湩氭晥㩴瀱㭴慰摤湩ⵧ敬瑦㐺瑰戻牯敤⵲敬瑦⌺〸〰〰㈠硰猠汯摩紻਍਍⼼瑳汹㹥਍਍਍昼湯⁴楳敺∽∲㰾灳湡猠祴敬∽潦瑮猭穩㩥〱瑰㸢਍搼癩挠慬獳∽汐楡呮硥≴䜾潯⁤楷汬甠敳椠⁴潦⁲灳牡⁥楳慣摲‮敓⁥潹⁵潴潭牲睯愠潲湵⁤ㄱ‮楗汬朠瑥戠敥⹲䴠浵戼㹲਍戼㹲਍ⴭⴭ伭楲楧慮敍獳条ⵥⴭⴭ戼㹲਍戼㹲਍牆浯›桃楲⁳敋湮摥㱹牢ാ匊湥㩴ㄠ″慊〲㈱ㄠ㨵㠳〺‵䵇㱔牢ാ吊㩯䄠杮汥⁡敋湮摥㱹牢ാ匊扵敪瑣›桰湯㱥牢ാ㰊牢ാ㰊搯癩ാ㰊猯慰㹮⼼潦瑮㰾瑳汹㹥਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳⸠捥硸桟浭獥慳敧਍灻摡楤杮〺硰紻਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳戠摯⹹捥硸桟浭獥慳敧਍晻湯⵴楳敺ㄺ瀰㭴潦瑮昭浡汩㩹慔潨慭紻਍਍⼼瑳汹㹥਍搼癩挠慬獳∽捥硸桟浭獥慳敧㸢਍搼癩搠物∽瑬≲朾瑯瀠潨敮戠捡污楦數Ɽ挠湡琠歡⁥潹牵漠敮眠敨⁵潣敭漠敶⁲⼼楤㹶਍⼼楤㹶⼼楤㹶ठ  †उ†⼼楤㹶⼼潢祤ാ㰊栯浴㹬[/color]

Guest Atomix86

got this on my mums phone, its awesome! although she just sent me an email (using the hotmail app from the market) and after the email it has a load of chinese crap :S Any ideas if its the rom or the hotmail app? :S

[color=#2A2A2A]格浴㹬਍格慥㹤਍猼祴敬㰾ⴡഭ⸊浨敭獳条⁥൐笊਍慭杲湩〺硰഻瀊摡楤杮〺硰਍ൽ戊摯⹹浨敭獳条൥笊਍潦瑮猭穩㩥ㄠ瀰㭴਍潦瑮昭浡汩㩹慔潨慭਍ൽⴊ㸭⼼瑳汹㹥⼼敨摡ാ㰊潢祤挠慬獳✽浨敭獳条❥㰾楤⁶楤㵲氧牴㸧਍歯‬⁩潦湵⁤瑩瀠慬敹⁤灵愠潢瑵猠湥楤杮琠硥獴琠潨杵⁨潳敭楴敭ⱳ樠獵⁴潳礠畯欠潮ⅷ戼㹲戼㹲搼癩㰾楤⁶摩∽歓䑹楲敶汐捡桥汯敤≲㰾搯癩㰾牨椠㵤猢潴印数汬湩≧䐾瑡㩥䘠楲‬㌱䨠湡㈠㄰′㘱ㄺ㨴㘵⬠〰〰戼㹲畓橢捥㩴删㩅瀠潨敮戼㹲牆浯›湡敧慬欮湥敮祤㐵汀癩⹥潣㱭牢吾㩯挠歪湥敮祤桀瑯慭汩挮⹯歵戼㹲戼㹲਍਍洼瑥⁡瑨灴攭畱癩∽潃瑮湥⵴祔数•潣瑮湥㵴琢硥⽴瑨汭※档牡敳㵴湵捩摯≥ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥䜢湥牥瑡牯•潣瑮湥㵴䴢捩潲潳瑦匠晡䡥䵔≌ാഊ㰊瑳汹㹥਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳⸠捥䕸慭汩畑瑯൥笊慭杲湩氭晥㩴瀱㭴慰摤湩ⵧ敬瑦㐺瑰戻牯敤⵲敬瑦⌺〸〰〰㈠硰猠汯摩紻਍਍⼼瑳汹㹥਍਍਍昼湯⁴楳敺∽∲㰾灳湡猠祴敬∽潦瑮猭穩㩥〱瑰㸢਍搼癩挠慬獳∽汐楡呮硥≴䜾潯⁤楷汬甠敳椠⁴潦⁲灳牡⁥楳慣摲‮敓⁥潹⁵潴潭牲睯愠潲湵⁤ㄱ‮楗汬朠瑥戠敥⹲䴠浵戼㹲਍戼㹲਍ⴭⴭ伭楲楧慮敍獳条ⵥⴭⴭ戼㹲਍戼㹲਍牆浯›桃楲⁳敋湮摥㱹牢ാ匊湥㩴ㄠ″慊〲㈱ㄠ㨵㠳〺‵䵇㱔牢ാ吊㩯䄠杮汥⁡敋湮摥㱹牢ാ匊扵敪瑣›桰湯㱥牢ാ㰊牢ാ㰊搯癩ാ㰊猯慰㹮⼼潦瑮㰾瑳汹㹥਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳⸠捥硸桟浭獥慳敧਍灻摡楤杮〺硰紻਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳戠摯⹹捥硸桟浭獥慳敧਍晻湯⵴楳敺ㄺ瀰㭴潦瑮昭浡汩㩹慔潨慭紻਍਍⼼瑳汹㹥਍搼癩挠慬獳∽捥硸桟浭獥慳敧㸢਍搼癩搠物∽瑬≲朾瑯瀠潨敮戠捡污楦數Ɽ挠湡琠歡⁥潹牵漠敮眠敨⁵潣敭漠敶⁲⼼楤㹶਍⼼楤㹶⼼楤㹶ठ  †उ†⼼楤㹶⼼潢祤ാ㰊栯浴㹬[/color]

What app was it?

I've got myself sufficiently up to date on the Blade thread, and I've decided to update with sej's build from 21 December.

It may not be right up to date, but it includes the t9 dialer (which is actually a merged feature now), soft buttons and miui battery bar. His roms have always worked well for me, so I'll stick with him.

Regarding the builds with USB host mode, some have reported major battery drain.

Edited by Stu C