[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

as plegdroid said this rom (4pda 2.3.5 #167) is the best as yet, screen calibration is as good as if not better than tigtex and performance too, battery life is better than stock rom 2.1 and the best of any rom as yet!!!!

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

as plegdroid said this rom (4pda 2.3.5 #167) is the best as yet, screen calibration is as good as if not better than tigtex and performance too, battery life is better than stock rom 2.1 and the best of any rom as yet!!!!

any idea how the battery issue was fixed in this? if the same could be done in the b08, it will make the rom just perfect.

Guest freebee

One problem found. When active Wifi Tethering, i'm not getting the IP in DHCP. In the same screen, if connect with a wifi router, he give me the IP. Can someone test that ?.

System: OS X 10.6.8

4pda #166

Thanks.

Guest vamshistunner

One problem found. When active Wifi Tethering, i'm not getting the IP in DHCP. In the same screen, if connect with a wifi router, he give me the IP. Can someone test that ?.

System: OS X 10.6.8

4pda #166

Thanks.

There is some problem in wifi module. Even wifi sleep policy doesn't work.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest vamshistunner

To prevent the sleep problem i put the android in mass storage mode (connected by usb). In tigatex rom i have this problem (sleep wifi).

For me, the problem is only with 2.3.5. In Tigtex rom there is no problem with wifi.

Guest a.j.d.1973

I agree (4pda 2.3.5 #167) gets my vote of best ROM for Racer so far thanks to "Go Keyboard" app which, amazingly corrects the awful keyboard calibration of #167 to a tolerable level. "Smart Keyboard pro" disappointed and didn't have that magic "Go" has to correct the ghost key mistakes.

I encountered problems installing "Google Market". One of the links on this thread installs Google+ & no market. G+ says "you need an invitation and that it's exceeded it's capacity" then logs out, no market is installed. I also can't get Google+ off the phone now even with "Root Uninstaller"?

So I found this Market 2.2.11 apk installed it and Market now works great.

The best improvement by far is the battery life. Installed "Advanced Task Killer" app set to aggressive. Get a full day of moderate use out and about with bright screen enabled, using data hungry applications: FB, email, gps etc. and listening to my mp3 music :)

The touch response is great as is the screen scroll and dragging of apps is smooth too.

It's all good. Now how do I get the dust out from below the screen lol.

If they fix the keyboard calibration for this ROM it will be near perfect IMHO.

Well done where praise is due.

Edited by a.j.d.1973

I agree (4pda 2.3.5 #167) gets my vote of best ROM for Racer so far thanks to "Go Keyboard" app which, amazingly corrects the awful keyboard calibration of #167 to a tolerable level. "Smart Keyboard pro" disappointed and didn't have that magic "Go" has to correct the ghost key mistakes.

I encountered problems installing "Google Market". One of the links on this thread installs Google+ & no market. G+ says "you need an invitation and that it's exceeded it's capacity" then logs out, no market is installed. I also can't get Google+ off the phone now even with "Root Uninstaller"?

So I found this Market 2.2.11 apk installed it and Market now works great.

The best improvement by far is the battery life. Installed "Advanced Task Killer" app set to aggressive. Get a full day of moderate use out and about with bright screen enabled, using data hungry applications: FB, email, gps etc. and listening to my mp3 music :)

The touch response is great as is the screen scroll and dragging of apps is smooth too.

It's all good. Now how do I get the dust out from below the screen lol.

If they fix the keyboard calibration for this ROM it will be near perfect IMHO.

Well done where praise is due.

Totttaly agree here. It's near-perfect except that I still have problems with the accelerometer lag after time, witch brakes any game depending on it :(

Guest andy787786

Check Post #35 for market.

If you want full version of Market see the above Post as posted by RacerBoy.

Tnx mate! I installed Market from post# 35. This is newer version and am liking it too.

The other gapps link does not have Market.

I upgraded from TigTex 2.3.4. Been 3 days now I'm on 2.3.5 CM7 #167N. I can clearly feel the difference.

Menu scrolling is way better and key response & battery life is improved. Seems fine for me.

The only minor issue is with built-in Wifi Tethering. Not sure if its only me. But not a major issue. I use Barnacle more.

Overall I'm quite satisfied.

Tnx to all those who contributed in porting this ROM to Racer.

Rgds

Guest vukodav

Hi, I got stuck at green droid after updating racer to ver. 167. I had tigtex 113 before, wiped boot, system, cache, and everything by the book. can anyone help?

Guest Racerboy

Hi, I got stuck at green droid after updating racer to ver. 167. I had tigtex 113 before, wiped boot, system, cache, and everything by the book. can anyone help?

try rebooting anyway after a fresh flash it takes a minute or so to get to the desktop after installing a new rom , which version of clockwork recovery do you have installed?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vukodav

try rebooting anyway after a fresh flash it takes a minute or so to get to the desktop after installing a new rom , which version of clockwork recovery do you have installed?

I know I'm waiting for more than five minutes now after new flash, nothing happens. I'm using clockwork 3.2.0.0

Guest Khan Miro

I know I'm waiting for more than five minutes now after new flash, nothing happens. I'm using clockwork 3.2.0.0

This happens sometimes. You can just reflash the ROM and try if that works for ya. I had that problem also, it appears after some installs, don't know why. If reflashing (just installing the ROM over again) doesn't help for you, try deleting the dalvic cache and the cache also and then try again.

Guest Racerboy

i would update clockwork recovery HERE latest version, get in to clockwork recovery and mount usb, copy new recovery to sdcard, choose zip to install, install it, reboot into recovery, follow tigtex instructions again but this time delete dalvik cache aswell before installing new rom which can be found on the advanced menu......should work fine

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vukodav

i would update clockwork recovery HERE latest version, get in to clockwork recovery and mount usb, copy new recovery to sdcard, choose zip to install, install it, reboot into recovery, follow tigtex instructions again but this time delete dalvik cache aswell before installing new rom which can be found on the advanced menu......should work fine

Thank you. I'm going to try that now. As soon as I'm finished I'll post here the results

Guest Racerboy

I did everything you told me Racerboy, but iy's still the same. Only green droid after flashing

ok, did you make any backups before attempting this? assuming you have 4.0.1.5 recovery installed now and also the rom installed correctly? turn off phone completely, then boot into recovery (hold vol- and press power button) and retry the following to install rom

1.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

2.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

3.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

4.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and delete Dalvik cache

5.Return to 1st menu and choose "instal zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" your rom

6.After installing, do "reboot system now"

try 2 times if fails again, also re-download rom it may be corrupt.......... then again clockwork recovery would not have installed it at all and error message saying not installed......

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vukodav

ok, did you make any backups before attempting this? assuming you have 4.0.1.5 recovery installed now and also the rom installed correctly? turn off phone completely, then boot into recovery (hold vol- and press power button) and retry the following to install rom

1.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

2.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

3.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

4.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and delete Dalvik cache

5.Return to 1st menu and choose "instal zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" your rom

6.After installing, do "reboot system now"

try 2 times if fails again, also re-download rom it may be corrupt.......... then again clockwork recovery would not have installed it

i`ll upload the version i have english default in 5 minutes

I'll do that, after download ROM again, maybe it wasn't downloaded completly last time

I flashed wit redownloaded rom from link on post #29. Now after rebooting, it reboots into recovery.

Can you post link with your version. Thank you for your help Racerboy

Edited by vukodav

Guest vukodav

download this version HERE 4pda_2.3.5_cm7_#167.zip default english

Downloading now, wish me luck :)

Finaly :). Everything is ok now, works like a charm. Thnak ypu again for help. Guess it was corrupted rom

Edited by vukodav