cm7-2.3.5-for-zte-racer-by-YaoSheng

Guest Angelのsweet

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

you may have a point there as i think deadlink used part of tigtex kernal to produce his kernal (i may be wrong) as for rexchun rom/s i cant remember if bug was present or not as theres been that many roms over the past few months to try which is great for us Racer/X850/MTS916 users, anyway i`ve been talking with Angelのsweet from malshenzu about how the chinese roms have great screen calibration/system performance and that russian roms have great battery life and system performance and maybe try and merge the best of both in to 1 rom which may take sometime because as you can appreciate he is and other people are very busy with there own life, to say we have near perfect port from blade is amazing really soooooo we shall see.......

I am not using Racer but I am maintaining a friends Racer. So far I reverted to rexchun B02 many times. Only issue with his kernel was battery drain with FM. I havent tried builds above B02 because I read that the B02 works better then higher versions.

As for merging the best from both of them. It will not be hard unless the developer dont have source codes from both kernels.

Anyway except for the LED bug this rom is working very nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Racerboy

Is there some new ROM from YaoSheng?This one is exellent.

i`ve checked on Malshensu and no new ROMS/Updates yet, but when there is it will get posted here ASAP :)

Guest mladenovic73

i`ve checked on Malshensu and no new ROMS/Updates yet, but when there is it will get posted here ASAP :)

Thanx racerboy.This is one of the best rom for me.Works perfectly.

Guest justcosmic1

After a bit of messing around (1st time using android) I managed to get this installed.

Over all impression is great.

I am however having issues with the mobile hotspot - and to a lesser extent with USB tethering (the later could be 3 UK).

As for the hotspot - it shows up on wifi briefly and then disappears. It sometimes comes and goes, but is never on long enough to make a connection.

Hope that's helpful feedback - and many thanks for all the hard work !

I am however having issues with the mobile hotspot - and to a lesser extent with USB tethering (the later could be 3 UK).

I'm on 3UK and use USB tethering all the time, it's the only broadband I have. No probs with it under Windows or Linux, what problems are you having?

Guest justcosmic1

I'm on 3UK and use USB tethering all the time, it's the only broadband I have. No probs with it under Windows or Linux, what problems are you having?

Thanks for the reply - well I have been on the phone to 3 quite a bit - and it seems the network has been a bit strange.

Whole days where google wouldn't load but ask Jeeves would etc.

Generally seems very erratic - but from what I can see on the forums a lot of people have been experiencing that.

With the wifi tethering built into this rom, I couldn't hold the actual network connection. So I downloaded Barnacle, which seems to work to some extent - but due to the above network issues I haven't fully been able to test it.

Most of the time I use the USB option, as it seems more reliable.

On that note, I found a great little app here on modaco called "USB charge commander" ... really useful if you are tethering on USB, and you don't want to cook your battery by leaving it permanently charging.

Also installed a decent task switcher and a task killer which now makes this even better to use. All in all though, really enjoying this rom.

Guest mladenovic73

For me this is a defenetly best ROM so far.I try every rom on this forum but this is the best.Speed,batery,not so bad calibration.

Is there a new rom from you?:rolleyes:

Guest thiagodecp

This ROM is the best I've ever seen!! Works perfectly!!

Except for the wifi, it doesn't work =(

Please fix this, I enjoyed the ROM and would like to keep it in my ZTE ...

I wait for updates .. Pleaseee

Guest mladenovic73

This ROM is the best I've ever seen!! Works perfectly!!

Except for the wifi, it doesn't work =(

Please fix this, I enjoyed the ROM and would like to keep it in my ZTE ...

I wait for updates .. Pleaseee

I use this rom and the wifi works perfectly.

Guest thiagodecp

I use this rom and the wifi works perfectly.

Well, here I had problems with the wifi = (

happens that my ZTE is the operator TIM and has some hardware differences ... but it solved the problem: replacing libwpa.so.

Now I need to solve the problem of incompatible camera that continues in the models of TIM ... =/

thx for your attention!

Well, here I had problems with the wifi = (

happens that my ZTE is the operator TIM and has some hardware differences ... but it solved the problem: replacing libwpa.so.

Now I need to solve the problem of incompatible camera that continues in the models of TIM ... =/

thx for your attention!

Don't have made the recall ?. The ZTE is made a recall in every cel from TIM operator to change camera.

If not made recall, contact zte in brasil, otherwise ignore what i say.

Best regards.

Guest thiagodecp

Don't have made the recall ?. The ZTE is made a recall in every cel from TIM operator to change camera.

If not made recall, contact zte in brasil, otherwise ignore what i say.

Best regards.

Yes, ZTE is recalling. Some people have sent and the phones are back worse than they were. Few were lucky enough to have the phone repaired correctly. So I still have some fear of sending. ZTE's service here in Brazil is very poorly done, is going through a bad image for the consumer market here. Maybe over time I have the courage to send my phone over there ¬¬

Edited by thiagodecp

Guest thiagodecp

hey Angelのsweet, you can compile for me a version from this ROM for all languages​​, particularly with Portuguese-BR?

I and the whole community Racer Brazil will be very grateful for this!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest justcosmic1

I'm loving just about everything about this ROM bar one thing - which isn't just an issue for this rom...you get one shot at touchscreen calibration - if you don't do it carefully, there's no option under settings to recalibrate (which coming from wm6 I kind of expected).

I'd be really grateful if someone could talk me through a way of getting it to recalibrate without having to re-flash the rom.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
Guest ReyTech

which language you want as there is the following on the rom :

Italian

German

Spanish

French

English (USA)

English

i think thats it, but as Rahulj85 sais you may have to edit the build.prop file

can u pls share here a NOOBS guide as to how to get the other langauages shown in the the phone with editing the build.prop?

which language you want as there is the following on the rom :

Italian

German

Spanish

French

English (USA)

English

i think thats it, but as Rahulj85 sais you may have to edit the build.prop file

can u pls share here a NOOBS guide as to how to get the other langauages shown in the the phone with editing the build.prop?

like which fields have to be changed and do we reboot after everyfield we edit or in the end!

i need to install french langauge in this phone!

WBR

ReyTech.