[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

How are you guys editing the build.prop file? Root explorer from a PC? I'm trying with ES File manager, but it won't let me save the file, I assume since my vega is on. Theres also settings like saying region is US etc I wanna try change to see if BBCiPlayer comes back.

Use Root Explorer - it's worth the £3 to be able to do such things on the VEGA for quick testing of DPI settings.

Guest Remington Steale

Anyone figured out how to get iPlayer back in the market?

I've changed the region setting in the build.prop to GB but still not iPlayer (yes I rebooted).

Slightly disconcerting that the progress bar didn't move during flashing from Clockwork recovery, but all is well.

Good stuff. Haven't come across any issues so far. Honeycomb is awesome- shows off the power of the unit much more than the stock ROM or anything else have so far.

Edited by rxtx

Guest neblap

I've changed the region setting in the build.prop to GB but still not iPlayer (yes I rebooted).

iPlayer does not work on 3.2 :( . It will install and even run, but you only get a blank screen where the video should be.

It's incompatible apparently that is why it isn't showing. I can see it in the Marketplace when looking on my PC, but it won't let me install it.

Guest Bunjit

iPlayer does not work on 3.2 :( . It will install and even run, but you only get a blank screen where the video should be.

As a work round solution, 0pera runs Iplayer in the browser well for me.

Guest Remington Steale

It's incompatible apparently that is why it isn't showing. I can see it in the Marketplace when looking on my PC, but it won't let me install it.

Incompatible? wierd.

Oh well, Opera is fine for me

Edit: Hmm, Opera doesnt work for me, displays a page about my phone not being supported

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest Gruzagrew

Hi guys. Great ROM but I am getting the same issue as Vegacomb where I can't connect to my router. Its fine on all other ROMs. Have tried changing channels on my router as suggested in other posts but no joy. Any other suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Guest Gruzagrew

Just as an addition, I have tried to reflash the ROM from the beginning. I.e. back to stock rom, nvflash partition rom and then 3.2 via cwm. Still no wifi connectivity. Just continual looping and rescanning. :-(

Guest Remington Steale

Just as an addition, I have tried to reflash the ROM from the beginning. I.e. back to stock rom, nvflash partition rom and then 3.2 via cwm. Still no wifi connectivity. Just continual looping and rescanning. :-(

Odd, mine can find both my hidden work one and my ssid broadcasting home one.

Have you tried taking out the sdcard and rebooting just in case there is some corrupt file or setting there that is disrupting it?

Have you wiped cache/Dalvik via clockwork recovery before reflashing the zip?

Edited by rxtx

One small quirk in the browser.

Top left menu displays an item 2nd - 4th down - Can't quite remember which named "...Erasing SD Card" to paraphrase. The SD card is fine, nothing untoward is happening.

Any idea what this is?

Guest ursulavasey

I flashed this rom last night and it looked and performed really well, until I rebooted the device. When I rebooted, it would not switch on. I had a backlit screen, but nothing else. It simply would not boot. My partner (Phil8715) has tried to set up my tablet on his computer, using the same rom, and the problem re-occurred. It was flashed from R8 to modded stock version 2, then onto the Vegacomb 3.2. All the wipes were done between each install (cleared user data, wiped cache and wiped Dalvik cache). We added nothing to the rom and made no amendments to anything. It was simply installed, then the tablet was rebooted.

I thought it may have been a corrupt download of the rom, which is why I got my partner to use his version of the modded stock and his version of the rom, to eliminate that problem. The rom is working fine on his tablet and reboots on request with no problems.

I think we have eliminated as many variables as we can, by using different computers, different downloaded versions of the roms, and performed all the wipes as usual. My tablet is currently back on R8 and rebooted fine using the R8 rom. I would love to use the VC 3.2 if possible. Can anyone think of anything we haven't thought of?

Guest Gruzagrew

Odd, mine can find both my hidden work one and my ssid broadcasting home one.

Have you tried taking out the sdcard and rebooting just in case there is some corrupt file or setting there that is disrupting it?

Guest pakomen

Nice job, all working well and fast,

You need to make sure you download right version of Opera from market.

I think it's Opera mini rather than mobile.

Could not find Facebook or yahoo mail app in Market Place apart from that all is good.

cheers

Pako

Guest arnookie

Anyone tested Gameloft games on this yet?

I now have asphalt 6 working great or corvus 5 sp1 rom in fullscreen and with no screen clipping.

It runs superb. Would like to know if anyone has tried on this rom yet.

The elusive version of Asphal 6 that works great on corvus 5 rom is this file version :-

Asphalt_6_Adrenaline_HD_Samsung_GTi9003L_android_v3.2.2_No_Protection_Twingo

Can someone please try it and see how it runs? Also I am sure people on corvus 5 that wanted a proper working full screen version will be happy to know this one works perfectly.

: O)

Edited by arnookie

Guest Dave Marchant

I found changing the useragent in settings on the stock browser to mobile made iplayer work fine

Can you give a quick hint on what you changed the useragent to.

Guest riggsy

Wow, this rom is fantastic!

Well done to all involved.

Still testing but seems to be running like a dream, suddenly the vega seems like the ultimate bargain.

Couple of minor probs, sound still seems a little distorted and secondly, can't seem to find the facebook app on the market place?

Again well done, well worth the wait :-)

Guest Nicky J

How are you guys editing the build.prop file? Root explorer from a PC? I'm trying with ES File manager, but it won't let me save the file, I assume since my vega is on.

nah, its cos it doesnt run as root as default - in ES, go to settings, scroll down and tick the 'root explorer' option. should work ok then

EEDIT: you might need to tick 'mount /system as writeable' as well, cant remember if that is ticked by default or not...

Edited by Nicky J

Guest Yogimax

Can you give a quick hint on what you changed the useragent to.

I changed the user settings in the default browser to desktop instead of tablet and iPlayer worked perfectly. Don't use the BBC shortcut pre-bundled as it points you to the mobile version of the website and the associated mobile iPlayer instead of the full fat version. B)