[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest amrjitm

Great rom' super smooth and silky.

Intermittent issues with connecting to wifi. Sometimes it seems to scan but not connect. The main issue is that when it does connect the date time isn't be updated even though I can surf the web with certificate warnings. This also stops Market working.

Still great piece of work and well done to all the guys on the team!

Guest Gruzagrew

The first time i tried to connect it did what your saying. i tried deleting the security key and re-entering it but it still failed to connect. I then deleted the key and rebooted before entering the key again. this time it connected first time.

Thanks, tried that but still not connecting! Made a mistake in my last post, connection to router is via WPA not WEP. Driving me bonkers as I really want to use the 3.2 ROM but it's useless with no wifi connection. Anyone else using a belkin router having issues or is it just me? As mentioned previously all other rom's I have no issue with Wifi, just Vegacomb and the new 3.2 ROM. Driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bridgebuilder

I'd used LCD DENSITY FOR ROOT earlier but what I find is that as soon as i set a new size (140) and then restart the vega the wifi stops working. As soon as i set it back to default the wifi is fine

work that one out! :)

I had the same problem, so I turned on Airplane mode in Wireless & Networks, which presumably stopped the wifi process, and then rebooted via the LCDDensity app (had to use 'kill', as 'ssdaemon' didn't work for me). When it re-booted, density was as I wanted and wifi was working.

Guest jimmy191

By the way I see loads of people talking about paying for Root Explorer.... I used ES File Explorer, it's free and gives root access to change the file, you just need to tick the box in settings. It's got a ton of other features too. :)

Guest hulmeman

I went through that pain last night, just put your hand in your pocket for root explorer and edit the LCD density to 135 and all your troubles will then go away...

There's another (cheaper) way, download Android terminal Emulator, fire it up and:

cp /system/build.prop /mnt/sdcard

Then edit the file in a text editor, and:

su

cp /mnt/sdcard/build.prop /system

chmod 644 /system/build.prop

and reboot!

Guest xathras

This ROM is sensational work! OK there may be a few rough edges but i'm grinning like a nutter and cant put my vega down :) Thanks so much to everyone who has had a part in developing this epic ROM.

Whats the deal regarding donations ? This work is most deserving!

There is a donate to team link on the first page of the Tabletroms thread.

http://tabletroms.co...-build-5-a.html

Guest warriorscot

Great Rom almost perfect honeycomb. Only thing is that now with dpi tweaked everything works great but it needs a small status bar like 2.2 did or a hideable one like cyanogen as its just a little two big and when using the browser and some apps it leaves very little space to do anything.

Guest xathras

Great Rom almost perfect honeycomb. Only thing is that now with dpi tweaked everything works great but it needs a small status bar like 2.2 did or a hideable one like cyanogen as its just a little two big and when using the browser and some apps it leaves very little space to do anything.

Status bar toggle

This widget toogles the staus bar on and off. It's a 1x1 widget and the label is in English.

http://www.guilde-bi...hannspad/?p=119

Guest PeteBest

Brilliant work guys, donation will be on it's way on payday. Been up and running for a few hours now and it's pretty impressive!

One slight problem though, there doesn't seem to be a video player (as in local video app) included. I know I can just download any, but the stock app is the default used by some other apps (like plex), and they play silly buggers without it!

Guest Bunjit

nah, its cos it doesnt run as root as default - in ES, go to settings, scroll down and tick the 'root explorer' option. should work ok then

EEDIT: you might need to tick 'mount /system as writeable' as well, cant remember if that is ticked by default or not...

i keep getting 'error while saving' or access denied after trying a couple of editors. both settings are checked, any ideas?

Guest gonzo123

Does anyone else find the touch a bit jumpy? If I try drag something it will jump around a few pixels within the area i have my finger. In multi touch visualiser it will jump around a good bit too

Guest tezray

When I go to Google then maps it goes all over the place when trying to zoom and you can't spin around but this is the first version for us so guess there is going to be quite a lot of things wrong we just can't wait to get hold of a copy to play with it truly is amazing I actually like my vega again and hadn't touched it for weeks until this.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I flashed this rom last night and it looked and performed really well, until I rebooted the device. When I rebooted, it would not switch on. I had a backlit screen, but nothing else. It simply would not boot. My partner (Phil8715) has tried to set up my tablet on his computer, using the same rom, and the problem re-occurred. It was flashed from R8 to modded stock version 2, then onto the Vegacomb 3.2. All the wipes were done between each install (cleared user data, wiped cache and wiped Dalvik cache). We added nothing to the rom and made no amendments to anything. It was simply installed, then the tablet was rebooted.

I thought it may have been a corrupt download of the rom, which is why I got my partner to use his version of the modded stock and his version of the rom, to eliminate that problem. The rom is working fine on his tablet and reboots on request with no problems.

I think we have eliminated as many variables as we can, by using different computers, different downloaded versions of the roms, and performed all the wipes as usual. My tablet is currently back on R8 and rebooted fine using the R8 rom. I would love to use the VC 3.2 if possible. Can anyone think of anything we haven't thought of?

That's a really unusual fault you have. You seem to have tried everything except you don't mention installing Vegacomb with CWM. Also, you might Ned to be meticulous about having a fully charged battery and being connected to thecharger when installing ROMs. Sorry, I can't think of anything else.

This is great. Love the big mother icons.

Only problem is the HDMI Output on 3/4 of my TV screen..

Would changing to 120dpi fix this?

Answered my own question. Now on build 6 (120dpi) and it's still the same.

Guest diamondgar

Anyone else having problems getting to recovery? I know it says there is a problem in the first post but when i reboot to recovery it just reboots, no hangs nothing. No big deal i gues it just means going back to modstock before flashing version6.

Guest Nicky J

i keep getting 'error while saving' or access denied after trying a couple of editors. both settings are checked, any ideas?

sounds like it hasn't got superuser rights, so cant save the file.

try unchecking the settings and re-checking them, if that doesn't work, maybe try installing ES and then re-installing it...?

Guest ursulavasey

That's a really unusual fault you have. You seem to have tried everything except you don't mention installing Vegacomb with CWM. Also, you might Ned to be meticulous about having a fully charged battery and being connected to thecharger when installing ROMs. Sorry, I can't think of anything else.

I had my tablet fully charged and connected to the mains. I flashed VC via CWM and flashed the modded stock via NVFlash. I followed everything meticulously as I know the pitfalls of missing a step out of the procedure.

Edited by ursulavasey

Guest simonta

sounds like it hasn't got superuser rights, so cant save the file.

try unchecking the settings and re-checking them, if that doesn't work, maybe try installing ES and then re-installing it...?

Folks, just install LCD Density then all of this goes away. Got to say it's a bit annoying that in the opening post, it says "Use LCD Density to change the DPI" but the thread is still half full of "how do I change the DPI" questions.

Edited by simonta

Folks, just install LCD Density then all of this goes away. Got to say it's a bit annoying that in the opening post, it says "Use LCD Density to change the DPI" but the thread is still half full of "how do I change the DPI" questions.

LCD,Density doesnt do much good in build 6, yes it does change dpi, but at the same time it breaks WIFI, which inly works after a reboot and then your back at the wrong resolution.

Better off changing the build prop file in the system folder within the zip to whichever dpi you require and then flash that.

Guest adamsharpe

I had my tablet fully charged and connected to the mains. I flashed VC via CWM and flashed the modded stock via NVFlash. I followed everything meticulously as I know the pitfalls of missing a step out of the procedure.

Exactly same problem here, both build 5 & 6 load and work, but when I shut down the Vega it will not reboot.

Will have to go back to VC1.7 again....