Uninstalling Orange Apps (for a noob)

Guest RazzleUltra

Guest RazzleUltra

Just got my OMC yesterday and I'm keen to ditch all the Orange apps that come with it (well, with maybe an exception for 'Your Orange' and 'Signal Boost') but I'm a total noob when it comes to Android phones and rooting etc.

I'm not fussed about sim unlocking or installing custom roms or anything like that, and if I understand things, it's not necessary, but I don't really know how to go about ditching the Orange apps.

Am I right in thinking that I will have to do the Superboot thing first : ()?

If so, what do I then need to do and will this affect how I've got the phone set up at the minute?

Thanks in advance!

Guest tillaz

hey, i removed my stock orange apps using - antTek app manager - its free from the market and lets you uninstall stock apps.

you do need to have rooted your phone with pauls guide as youv mentioned above.

it would also be a good idea to the the clockwork recovery one aswell as this will let you go back to the stock orange look/rom if needed wink.gif.

edit: rooting will not change any look or way you have your phone it just grants you full access to your device.

Edited by tillaz

Guest garym123

hi, you say you removed your stock orange apps but is there any that are worth keeping on.and which did you remove, thanks

hey, i removed my stock orange apps using - antTek app manager - its free from the market and lets you uninstall stock apps.

you do need to have rooted your phone with pauls guide as youv mentioned above.

it would also be a good idea to the the clockwork recovery one aswell as this will let you go back to the stock orange look/rom if needed wink.gif.

Guest tillaz

i removed all of the orange apps that are in the app drawer apart from orange plus & signal boost apps.

be sure to only delete the orange apps you recognized from the app drawer tho.

i also removed the orange launcher as i use launcher pro or the stock android launcher that is already on the phone.

if you do this be sure to change to the stock launcher before uninstalling the orange one.

Guest garym123

thanks for that its a great little app,ive only uninstalled orange maps and email up to now,cause not to sure what else to remove but thanks a lot.

i removed all of the orange apps that are in the app drawer apart from orange plus & signal boost apps.

be sure to only delete the orange apps you recognized from the app drawer tho.

i also removed the orange launcher as i use launcher pro or the stock android launcher that is already on the phone.

if you do this be sure to change to the stock launcher before uninstalling the orange one.

Guest wrtease

THANKS FOR THE INFO ABOUT THIS APP YES IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS WHO NEEDS CUSTOM ROM WHEN YOU CAN CLEAN UP INTERFACE .BRILLIANT .ORANGE MONTE CARLO LOOKS 100 BETTER .

forgot cap locks was on .ah well

Edited by wrtease

• 3 months later...

im new to this, but when i try to uninstall an orange app, it still asks me to root my phone, does that mean i really have to?

Yes, but it's easy. Just follow this guide:

• 1 month later...
Guest Blue Gas

Many thanks for pointing us to the app. I was getting the orange contacts backup keep poping up. Got rid of that, bit nervous of which others to get rid of anyone got a list?

I'm happy with the stock Rom would just like to free it from some orange rubbish since unlocking.