[DISCUSSION] [ANN.] TripNDroid Mobile Engineering

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest jpminou
Some progress;

MIUI Themes running and working

Settings like CM7 ui themed by MIUI theme engine

MIUI Music

MIUI Statusbar (brakes some CM7 settings)

Awesome work T as usual.

Guest Siddhesh21

Some progress;

MIUI Music

great Trip!

So now I can use CMiUI :)

Hope u release it soon cuz my hands have already started itching to try out the one of a kind ROM of yours :)

How about integrating some of the features that Niko from GTA4s phone has, it makes helicopters and weapons appear out of thin air!!

Lol. You made my day buddy :))

And seriously ... with trips around ...

lol ;) just everything is possible !

@trip ,

Well . For me there's nothing wrong with miui. Its highly customizable & cm7 really lack some features . As someone said earlier , miui status bar us awesome , with everything at hand .

I know you have a good taste & will provide a really good surprise .

So no requests , looking forward to an interesting one ;)

TC . Cheers !

Guest festa20

Hi Trip

Going to give my suggestion which i dont think has been mentioned

-TripNDroid settings integrated in settings.apk!!! cool.gif similar to oxygen settings or supsettings in SuperAOSP, substiting Cyanogen settings for it if you understand

Regards

Some progress;

MIUI Music

firstly i'll like to say thanks alot TRIP for your wonderful work n showing hell of dedication towards our beloved X10i...

secondly i'll like to add few more things to add to my wish list

thanx alot TRIP 4 everything... i've always been a silent follower of yr roms since last year...

what i need in this rom are listed below:

Timescape, FB inside Xperia, Photo Widget,
SEMC camera with a flash light option icon inside the camera interface... i hope u get what i mean...

MIUI MUSIC, MIUI FILE MANAGER, Customizable themes, lock screen...

And last but not least i need a built-in task killer, which automatically frees us the rom, n kill the apps eating the memory up... cba to kill memory all the time... (dont wanna go for 3rd party softwares)

it will be an awesome ROM... cant w8 to use it...

cheers,

Aaki

can u add plz browser from MIUI & SMS poppup thingy as well...

Guest InSaiyanOne

Lol at the amount of suggestions. I guess it would be better if you discussed what makes these features a good idea to be included in the rom...instead of just putting up one line of what you think should be added with no WHY. Not that some of these suggestions don't have value but it's not helping.

Anyways! Trip you got things going in a nice direction, what features are YOU thinking of trying to add? I think that maybe it will help direct this "DISCUSSION" thread in the way members/users can really understand (even though there will always be someone just throwing in a "suggestion").

Out of all the roms I've tried over the past year, I always prefer ones with more settings I can adjust or turn off/on. The CM7 roms had a ton of options (partly due to the cm options that were added along to the regular ones) but the MIUI roms had the user interface that just made it simple and user-friendly to navigate and change them. The official SE rom dumbed-down the options so much that after going to a custom rom you feel weird with none of their options to tweak (but of course you knew stuff should work with no issues and they had the drivers, bravia, xloud, etc.)

What do you guys think? I didn't get into the app side of things because I always seem to not use what the majority of everyone on here like to use for web browser, file browser, etc. I do think the comments on making a theme manager app and a custom launcher are good ideas though. I'd be happy to make my own themes if that were the case, I'd just need a template to start from. Finally, the status bar that MIUI has I think is almost necessary...I have to put a damn widget just to switch my wifi off/on with the official SE I have on the phone now and that's BS (I couldn't take having to keep turning data off and on to get it to work so I decided to work on getting a SE rom perfected to how I like it and backed up before flashing anything else.)

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest InSaiyanOne

yes, i se many good suggestions here:-), but if be possible to integrate `livesquare´ in the rom,or maybe i crazy about that, i dont know...

See...that's a cool idea (might not be possible though) but you don't make any kind of explanation to WHY it should be in the rom? What advantages would users of the TripNDroid have if it were integrated compared to just installing it yourself? IF Trip were to include timescape (which I'm kinda sure he wouldn't) that would be where I could see it being a part of the rom but not everyone uses livesquare, let alone timescape. This discussion is about making the rom unique and better not making it easier for certain users of a particular app.

Nice thought, but you just did what everyone else has done and just typed one line about what you want...not what everyone could use.

It has already been made clear that this isn't a suggestion thread but a discussion thread.

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest mt2jjj

well, timescape is good, someone use is someone not,,, but in past i have mobile name lg pop, and they have livequare,,the difference between timescape and the livesquare is that livequare is more funny, customizable, practice, and for every person icon can be moved throught screen where you won, and for me most important thing is every person icon have information for self :-)

Guest InSaiyanOne

Ok I don't think you caught the point I was trying to make. You're asking for something that is an individual use app...it isn't something that will improve your phones performance, make it simpler to do anything, or even modifies the way the phone acts and looks. The people that are asking for a specific music app or browser are much more valid as EVERYONE pretty much would use them at some point. I don't see more than a handful of people using this/trying this until they got bored.

Maybe I'm fighting a lost cause... <_<

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest TripNRaVeR

See...that's a cool idea (might not be possible though) but you don't make any kind of explanation to WHY it should be in the rom? What advantages would users of the TripNDroid have if it were integrated compared to just installing it yourself? IF Trip were to include timescape (which I'm kinda sure he wouldn't) that would be where I could see it being a part of the rom but not everyone uses livesquare, let alone timescape. This discussion is about making the rom unique and better not making it easier for certain users of a particular app.

Nice thought, but you just did what everyone else has done and just typed one line about what you want...not what everyone could use.

It has already been made clear that this isn't a suggestion thread but a discussion thread.

Finally someone who understands, this topic was getting useless dry.gif

Guest cjsabaki

Trip,

Hello!!

Kinda a possible suggestion, maybe...

Check out an app called wave launcher in the market, don't want the app, just the idea maybe...

Its an invisible app launcher...You dont see it till you swipe a certain area a certain direction, them the apps you choose appear........... A home launcher like that might be unique and interesting, less clutter on the home screen, no icons to see till you swipe???

Best regards,

Chris

Guest chunkylover2321

I'm using the MIUI rom and I'm really missing track ID. I like it because when I'm out in a club and hear a song its good to know what that song is. Maybe you could import it from stock rom and give people the option to remove it if they want? Shazam doesn't compare, Track ID is so much better.

Also I agree with chris, a new unique launcher is needed here.

Gareth

Trip,

Hello!!

Kinda a possible suggestion, maybe...

Check out an app called wave launcher in the market, don't want the app, just the idea maybe...

Its an invisible app launcher...You dont see it till you swipe a certain area a certain direction, them the apps you choose appear........... A home launcher like that might be unique and interesting, less clutter on the home screen, no icons to see till you swipe???

Best regards,

Chris

SSKIN butterfly launcher is alos cool ! ram / free space indicator & all .. & IT'S FREE ;)

Guest chunkylover2321

SSKIN butterfly launcher is alos cool ! ram / free space indicator & all .. & IT'S FREE ;)

Using that now on MIUI rom now that you mentioned it. It's really good.

Gareth

Guest 1manshow

Thank you very much for this great project you started working for all of us. I'm really grateful to you.

Feature Requests:

1) Inclusion of TUN/TAP module and advanced routing features into the ROM/kernel so that we can run VPN applications like Openvpn, VPNC etc.

2) Inclusion of working Link2SD application by bakpinar - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=919326

Link2SD would be great to replace buggy App2SD by Android :D

Once again I thank you very much for your dedicated approach towards making our X10s stand out in this fierce competition from other droids B)

I'd be glad to be a tester of this ROM/project so kindly keep me in the list :rolleyes:

@ InSaiyanOne

How about this one mate? If you want me to explain more, I can, but I think it already is to the point.

Hope Trip consider this as a valid suggestion worthy of inclusion into this already great looking ROM ;) :D

Edited by 1manshow

Guest marcjuh2811

Hey trip

Been reading alot and came up with a new feature.

In your froyo roms i always use the ' AtakeAPhone' app. Don't want the app but its feature to have a bar between the numbers an it screen with your favourite contacts... This way when you open the dailer you can search ore just tab on the contact this saves a widget and i think would be a unique addon to the miui dailer ;)

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Guest UltimateGeppie

Hi Trip,

I am a SIP user and MiUI (and GB 2.3.3) has built-in supprt. But it's only useable with WIFi and that doesn't seem logical.

SIP is a great feature and the user should be able to use it on 3g as well. Why limit this to Wifi? 3rd party apps (eg. SipDroid) don't limit it to Wifi.

I've read that with a small change (in framework): <BOOL NAME="config_sip_wifi_only">false</bool> it's possible to use MiUI SIP with 3g.

(http://android.modac...p-without-wifi/)

I hope you can implement this change. It's a tiny change, with big difference: It makes the SIP-support usefull.

Kind regards.

UltimateGeppie

Edited by UltimateGeppie

Guest hugmys0ul

OK

So having followed Trip's work for awhile, using various of his ROMs. I've much preferred his MIUI-based work.

I'm now running 1.8.19(TripNMIUI)

I think the reasons are:

MIUI Settings

MIUI Status

MIUI Launcher

MIUI Browser

So, Trip, I have used CM-based roms and do appreciate the additional control offered.

1st suggestion, combine *all* MIUI, CM and other settings within a MIUI-style GUI. For me this is one are where the looks matter and acually aid ease of use.

2nd, use MIUI-style status to toggle as much as possible - again beatiful form aids excellent function

3rd, I personally find the MIUI launcher most acceptable. without arbitrarily limiting the number of home screens, I am able to organise my apps into folders and place widgets wherever I like.

Finally, I do appreciate the efficiency thatr you impart to your roms - Titanium reports 369 MB ROM (213 MB free), 487 MB Internal (87.8 MB free) and 31.8 GB SD (3.95 GB free), 151 user apps and 78 system data.

With all of this I am quite happy with the performance of my X10i and feel that your ROMs are the ones that provide best compromise between performance and features.

I hope I have understood the purpose of this thread correctly and that these suggestions will find there way into your next opus major

Many thanks for all your hard work and patience

Keep on truckin' :)

Guest geordieboy2011

hi trip could you add the ability to add custom tones to text please as i cant use my fav tone for text messages and only got the ones the rom lets me use

i can change ring tones ok but not texts

hi trip could you add the ability to add custom tones to text please as i cant use my fav tone for text messages and only got the ones the rom lets me use

i can change ring tones ok but not texts

use a software called TONE PICKER... its awesome xD