VegaComb V3.2 B7 & Samba Filesharing

Guest MaxiP

Hi all - already posted the the VC 3.2 thread but got lost in a matter of minutes :lol:

Running VC 3,2 build 7 and one of the few things I can't get working is Samba filesharing. Has anyone else tried this and if so, was it successful or not ?

Thanks

Edited by MaxiP

For reading smb's have you tried es file explorer?

Samba Filesharing allows you to have your Vega appear on your network as another device / drive meaning you can use Windows explorer to drag & drop files. Makes sending (as an example) media to the Vega really easy as you don't need to use USB cables, just WiFi

Makes backing the Vega up really easy as you just select all the files on your SD card and copy to your Windows PC.

381 views of a thread, 1 reply (not related to the topic).....:(

Does that mean I'm the only person (a) running Samba or ( b ) no-one can be bothered to try it ?

Edited by MaxiP

Sorry..reading samba shares..brain in two places..

Use es and do it in reverse - copy and paste onto vega from fileshares..I keep all media/apks/roms on a nas drive and access it from anything on the network

Don't even need the PC on

Guest princeotter

samba filesharing working perfectlly for me since first vegacomb alpha release.

Also working for me on Vegacomb 3.2 build 8.1. Using Samba Filesharing for Android Build ref: 110602m. Try redoing the settings again - it wasn't working for me so I re-entered all the settings Password, Username, Workgroup Name and NETBIOS name and then after a couple of minutes it appeared on my Windows 7 PC

Good luck. Shout if you want the APK