http://archlinuxarm.org/

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

http://archlinuxarm.org/

We are aimed at ARMv5 platforms like plug computers, OXNAS-based ARMv6 Pogoplugs, Cortex-A8 platforms such as the BeagleBoard, and Cortex-A9 and Tegra platforms like the PandaBoard and Trim Slice. However, it can run on any device that supports ARMv5te or Cortex-A instruction sets.

now I'm interested, anyone want to help see what we can get up and running

Guest t0mm13b

What is it? new OS?

No, its actually a variant of a Linux distro that is found on x86 platforms, PC's, laptops, the distro is called Arch Linux distro.

What the OP is referring to is,a mini version of the distro that targets specifically ARMv5 chipset and A8 Cortex also.

Interesting huh :)

B)

Guest sakke11

I know there is many linux distros what is made arm machines.For example ubuntu,debian,meego,fedora and so on.The list is endless and i also know that there is no hard thing to make some of them run in blade.First thing is the get good kernel so we can boot those os for example archlinux.

Guest DanWilson

Hmm, lurking on the Blade forums can be useful.

Also - the difficulty is not the kernel, its the drivers.

And the forum link you posted, thats just a chroot. Unless thats all you Blade peoples want. What I mentioned was for a native boot.

Guest XpressAndy

No, its actually a variant of a Linux distro that is found on x86 platforms, PC's, laptops, the distro is called Arch Linux distro.

What the OP is referring to is,a mini version of the distro that targets specifically ARMv5 chipset and A8 Cortex also.

Interesting huh :)

B)

Why is it getting everyone interested? I mean is it some kinda break-though? What does it do?

Thanks for replying :)

Guest t0mm13b

Why is it getting everyone interested? I mean is it some kinda break-though? What does it do?

Thanks for replying :)

Ahhh no.... not some kind of break-through!

Its just an interesting thing to see a Linux x86 derivative distro that targets the ARMv5/6 chipset that is currently in the blade - think of it as ultra geeky thing - "its a geek thing" one might add :D :lol:

Not many distros can achieve that! I know ubuntu does it, slackware tried it - do not know how far it got....

Guest sm4tik

Now get this with usb host mode up and running and blade has just made it to the top 3 toys I've owned.. ever! Maybe in tie with skeletor :D

Edited by sm4tik

Guest DanWilson

Now get this with usb host mode up and running and blade has just made it to the top 3 toys I've owned.. ever! Maybe in tie with skeletor :D

USB Host requires both a custom kernel + hardware which supports it. I've not read into it what so ever, but both are very difficult.

If you want to work on it, work on getting a distro to boot natively. No Android, no chroots. Then work on your host mode.

Guest sm4tik

USB Host requires both a custom kernel + hardware which supports it. I've not read into it what so ever, but both are very difficult.

If you want to work on it, work on getting a distro to boot natively. No Android, no chroots. Then work on your host mode.

I only wish I knew how to :)

Guest Gamerz
<br />Thanks for searching.<br />I am not afraid testing some kernel/kernels to boot other os but<br />how i can make it dual boot like android os in internal storage and other os from sdcard.<br />Any help please?<br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think you need a modified version of clockworkmod

Anyone working on clockworkmod ?