Stir fry ROM crashing apps all the time ZTE BLADE gen2

Guest polepe

Guest polepe

Hi, I am using stir fry from beta 14 and now my version is "beta 21" on my ZTE blade gen2 phone . I can see many improvements but I still have one problem not solved. My apps keep crashing down. After booting some of them crashes right away... ( for example ROM Manager) The biggest problem for me is crashing of Navigon MobileNavigator v3.6.0 ...( winamp etc.) I would say most of the software I download from the app store sometimes crashes... but Navigon crashes in few seconds... Do u have any idea what to do ? Am I the only one who has this problem ? I tried other ROMs but stir fry is the best one I guess.... I tried CyanogenMod Nightlies but I missed there the app store ... but it wasn't not that smooth-fast as the stir fry.

Any do u have any idea how to set my own MP3 ringtone ? And why did they deleted the old TV turn off animation ?

thanks for any answers!!!!

Guest t0mm13b

As K0zmic says, always do a full data wipe/factory reset and also a wipe cache from ClockworkMod prior to flashing a ROM.

Residues from a previous ROM installation will likely clash with the newly flashed rom and causes problems such as what you've experienced ;)

Cheers,

B)

Guest polepe

thanks for the tip.

In ClockworkMod recovery (v3.0.2.7) before any new ROM install I do "WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET". ALWAYS. Probably was not enough. Is there any other way how to wipe it more ? (if possible :D ). I don't know if there is any new ClokworkMod if so shall I install it ? Whould it help? I guess not but I ask anyway :)

Did you go a full wipe?

To get the Market on the CyanogenMod nightlies you need to install the gapps package in ClockworkMod Recovery.

Guest RedNick

In answer to some of your other questions:

MP3 ringtones - Go into Music from the app drawer and play your chosen tune. While it is playing press Menu and one of the options is "Use as ringtone"

The CRT screen-off animation caused problems with the alarm clock app (possibly among others). It is included in many themes and so if you flash a theme from the customisation section it will return - but may cause problems with certain apps. I would be inclined to get your phone working properly first and add eye candy later.

Guest polepe

I've tried it again ... before instaling ROM I did wipe/factory reset and wipe cache. And it didn't solve the problem ... I've installed Navigon and it crashed right away. I have to admit I copied some needed files for Navigon to SD card. Do u think this is the problem ? .... old files ?

Navigon has perfect map coverage for central Europe. Do u know any similar one ?

thanks !

As K0zmic says, always do a full data wipe/factory reset and also a wipe cache from ClockworkMod prior to flashing a ROM.

Residues from a previous ROM installation will likely clash with the newly flashed rom and causes problems such as what you've experienced ;)

Cheers,

B)