youtube app on the vega ??

Guest jono4001

Guest jono4001

Was having a look around Dixons Digital earlier on today and came across the tablet section so decided to have a play around with one or two off the competitors !! anyway had a play off the Galaxy tablet and one thing that I particularly liked was the youtube app, different to the one installed on the vega, if you search a video it will show all matching hits in a neat full page curved display from left to right- looked on google and not sure if this is possible what they call grid view ?? anyone know what I am talking about and if so know if its available on the vega ??

Guest jimmy191

You can download youtube from the market with any of the custom roms, can't remember exactly what the interface was like though. It should be the same as the galaxy though.

Heres a couple of screenshots of the stock Youtube app on my Vega running the latest Vega Honeycomb 3.2 ROM..... Better than what's on the old Galaxy tab! :P

youtube_montage.jpg

Guest jono4001

JIMMY191 thats the one mate !! now okay whyis the youtube app on my own vega not displaying like that ?? see the second picture how you can view all the screen shots at once how did you get it to show that ??

running Corvus5 where as you say you are running Honeycomb would this effect the final display off the app ??

Guest dibbles

@jono - it will not display like that on Corvus.

If you take the Youtube app and the IBDM app they will present themselves entirely differently on Honeycomb than they will on a Froyo build of Android. I have VC buid 8.1 on my Vega and when my wife saw the above, and the IMDB one, she wanted me to change her Vega so it had VC 3.2 on it, which I did. Using the Youtube and IMDB app on her Corvus build looked very mediocre compared to what you see above.

edited due to spelling

Edited by dibbles

Guest jono4001

@jono - it will not display like that on Corvus.

If you take the Youtube app and the IBDM app they will present themselves entirely differently on Honeycomb than they will on a Froyo build of Android. I have VC buid 8.1 on my Vega and when my wife saw the above, and the IMDB one, she wanted me to change her Vega so it had VC 3.2 on it, which I did. Using the Youtube and IMDB app on her Corvus build looked very mediocre compared to what you see above.

edited due to spelling

Okay not a problem appreciatete the explanation, pity as I realparticularly like the way the screenshots show themselves.

Guest jimmy191

Okay not a problem appreciatete the explanation, pity as I realparticularly like the way the screenshots show themselves.

Why not upgrade to vegacomb?

Guest jono4001

Why not upgrade to vegacomb?

Could do mate but to be honest just getting used to Corvus 5 and think its excellent with no bugs whatsover, not been around here for a few weeks so kinda lost touch with the latest developments, is vehgacomb officially out or still in beta form ?? what are the main advantages over say Corvus 5, any major drawbacks, bugs still to be ironed out with the latest release off it ??