ClockWorkMod gui

Guest Phoenix Silver

Guest johnsatt

I like this CWM gui and have installed on my phones. :rolleyes:

You have obviously sussed out the inner workings of tne digitiser so -

If you have a non working digitiser, after flashing a rom, would it be at all feasable to include an option to revitalise the digitiser, as you could use the buttons to select the function. :D

Guest t0mm13b

I like this CWM gui and have installed on my phones. :rolleyes:

You have obviously sussed out the inner workings of tne digitiser so -

If you have a non working digitiser, after flashing a rom, would it be at all feasable to include an option to revitalise the digitiser, as you could use the buttons to select the function. :D

No.

For a non-working digitiser - that is hardware fault.

Each digitiser has its own driver compiled into the kernel and thusly, different readings of the touch and sensitivity is different. They are all different obviously.

Put it another way, all I do is read from it and placing faith that there'd be a read-out from it, if no read-out, well... that's obvious.

There's no writing to the digitiser or revitalising, if you understand me. :)

Guest johnsatt

No.

For a non-working digitiser - that is hardware fault.

Each digitiser has its own driver compiled into the kernel and thusly, different readings of the touch and sensitivity is different. They are all different obviously.

Put it another way, all I do is read from it and placing faith that there'd be a read-out from it, if no read-out, well... that's obvious.

There's no writing to the digitiser or revitalising, if you understand me. :)

Thanks for the prompt and comprehensive reply, as you realised, I don't understand the inner workings of these things :rolleyes:

I don't understand that it is allways a hardware fault, since it seems to happen sometimes to a working phone when it is flashed with a rom, and this is sometimes cured by flashing a different rom, I have also seen references to a cure included in some of the roms.

I experimented with two phones, one with a working digitiser and one with a non working digitiser after flashing, by swapping the digitisers over. Both digitisers worked on the one phone, niether digitiser worked on the other, so both digitisers were OK. I also tried a new digitiser with the same result. :(

Finding it all a bit frustrating :angry:

Guest johnsatt

Just to add that my thoughts were steered this way, when I noticed several references to the touch screen in the Emode calls, including one that deleted the cfg file. :rolleyes:

Guest t0mm13b

Just to add that my thoughts were steered this way, when I noticed several references to the touch screen in the Emode calls, including one that deleted the cfg file. :rolleyes:

?

That's a new one to me.... have no idea :) If you're talking about the ZTE's own dialler, don't use it :)

Guest johnsatt

App - ZTE Emode Helper as in included in GSF

TouchPaint Test [*#19#]

Delete (Touchscreen) Calibration File [*983*10#]

Touchscreen Updater (2.1 ROMs only) [*983*29873283#]

Wonder if going from 2.1 to 2.2 is part of the problem <_<

Even if these were able to recalibrate the digitiser you cant access them when the digitiser is not working, which is why my thoughts turned to CWM gui, since the buttons also work and would have allowed selection of a call.

Ah well I'll dream about something else :rolleyes: