Is getting a 53 worth the hassle

Guest Roberts123456

Guest Roberts123456

I Ordered a Hannspad from Ebuyer after the "confirmed" that they stocked the 53 model, and after i have seen people complain that that they have recieved 33's after being promised 53's i fear the worst, is it really worth the hassle to send back the 33 & get a 53 from their Ebay shop, are there any other problems with the 33 apart from the screen viewing angles?

I Ordered a Hannspad from Ebuyer after the "confirmed" that they stocked the 53 model, and after i have seen people complain that that they have recieved 33's after being promised 53's i fear the worst, is it really worth the hassle to send back the 33 & get a 53 from their Ebay shop, are there any other problems with the 33 apart from the screen viewing angles?

I've requested a 53, if I get a 33 then I think I'll be sending it back as faulty.

I ordered mine from the ebay shop, and put a note in. its also cheaper there blink.gif

will see when it arrives, it was dispatched early this evening.

despite no tracking details, it appears the "free postage" option on ebuyer ebay page gives you free Express 24 delivery, which is great!

unfortunately its with porcelfarce so could be anytime between now and the next blue moon.

Edited by fards

Guest heroin11

If it's anything like mine then it won't arrive within 24 hours. Parcelforce have had mine since Tuesday afternoon and it only said express 24 and no further details at all until about 5 last night when it eventually changed to arrived at national hub and expected delivery date was 31/8/2011 and upon checking it this morning it's now at my local depot on a van for delivery today but the delivery date it still saying yesterday. I also ordered mine from Ebuyers' eBay shop and left a note asking for a 53 so fingers crossed I get 1

Guest heroin11

Its just arrived!

and the box says its a 1653

I can see a day without much work getting done..

Well you're a lot luckier than me as mine has just arrived 1 day later than expected and even worse though it's a 33 model

Guest chrisd1a1

have to say my 1633 arrived today. updated it with the hanstitan from slatedroid and i'm very happy with it.

screen seems to be fine, bit of reflection but that's par for the course.

responsive, i'm happy with the angles:)

i'd say (without having a '53) that the 33 is fine:)

hope that helps

Chris

Guest shadeygeezer

I ordered from there retail site - since I didn't even check to see if they had an ebay shop - and why it was cheaper.. I dunno..

Mine came last Saturday, I foolishly paid the extra..

And even after they confirmed they had the 53 in stock.. I got a 33..

They would not accept that it was an older model :(

I did not even open it - BUT I had to pay for it's return - even though in my eyes they are sending out 'old stock' - which has been altered to have not only the touch screen fixed but also a better screen - but they would not pay for it's return.. Even though it's old stock..

They said they did not want to send another due to them having 'mixed stock' - they put the new stock in with the older models..

So I had to pay almost £10 to return it.. - I could have sent it cheaper but I wanted to be sure it would arrive in good condition on I could order from their ebay shop..

Now if I had opened it, and claimed it was faulty - I could have had a free return????

So, my selfless act of keeping it sealed so they can re-sell it - means I'm £10 out of pocket..

While I was waiting for the return / refund - I messaged the ebay ebuyer express store...

'Thank you for contacting Ebuyerexpress.

I can advise that we have mixed stock of the item and cannot guarantee which one will be sent unfortunately. I have been informed that there is however, a free update from Hannspree, so that both of the items will give the same service.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Stefan'

So - there's an update to not only fix the touch screen responsiveness - but also to replace the hardware in the LCD - that's some amazing patch /update..

Needless to say I did not like being lied to - even unintentionally - so I have not ordered one from them.

I have however paid a private seller £10 more than ebuyer - and have a 53 on the way..

Guest heroin11

I've just received the same email about the magic upgrade to the 33 model I received but fortunately mine is being picked up tomorrow for an exchange and they're paying for it, I have a feeling it won't be sent out express 24 this time though

eBuyer got a lot of deserved flack over this. Their MD was contacted by a number of people (me included, I got the 633 when told it would be a 653 - their dispatch said they "couldn't seperate the different boxes" but their MD got them to do it in an hour) and Im currently waiting for what they should have sent in the first place. eBuyers dispatch are a pack of....no, I'll not get into that.

The 633 is identical in every way but much inferior viewing angles.

I find it odd - suspicious, actually - that if you paid the little extra from the main store, you got a 653. If you specifically asked for a 653 from the ebuyerexpress, you got a 633.

It happened too often for it to be anything BUT malicious.

Their MD is apparently having an inquiry into how the hell it happened.

I blame the dispatch - Ive had several run-ins with them, they are VERY petty and spiteful.

A "5 day delivery" that took 12 days was a last straw for me. I stopped buying after that from them until this Hannspad business, and they did it again.

What in the name of ....do they get out of it ?

Guest heroin11

eBuyer got a lot of deserved flack over this. Their MD was contacted by a number of people (me included, I got the 633 when told it would be a 653 - their dispatch said they "couldn't seperate the different boxes" but their MD got them to do it in an hour) and Im currently waiting for what they should have sent in the first place. eBuyers dispatch are a pack of....no, I'll not get into that.

The 633 is identical in every way but much inferior viewing angles.

I guess this could be why on the main Ebuyer site the model number for the Hannspad specifically states that it's a 53 model now whereas before it didn't. My replacement should be delivered tomorrow so I hope they are all 53's now as I got a 33 last time.

I guess this could be why on the main Ebuyer site the model number for the Hannspad specifically states that it's a 53 model now whereas before it didn't. My replacement should be delivered tomorrow so I hope they are all 53's now as I got a 33 last time.

I'm expecting the worst, knowing the petty, spiteful fools in eBuyer's dispatch. I really wouldn't put it past them to deliberately find one with dud pixels, pack it up to send it to me after making a song and dance via their MD's assistant (who was the opposite - very helpful) they even, despite knowing that it's their fault, told me I had to send it back myself, and then, after I'd paid over £4 for it to be sent, I got an email telling me when did I want it picked up !

Their dispatch used to be OK. Its just in the last two years. Dunno whats happened, but something did, new workers, not up to it, charver types, maybe.

Well - as long as I get a 653, and it's OK and new, I'll not bother myself about them for a long while.

As long as it IS a 653 and OK that is....

Edited by PhilK5

Guest ghostofcain

I purchased from ebuyers ebay shop £149.99 on Sunday, delivered a 53 on Tuesday. TBH I have only had issues with ebuyer when you pay the extra for next day delivery and it takes an extra couple of days clearing security checks.

BTW Very happy with the Hannspad was worried it might look / feel a little cheap but it's anything but and is working just fine with flashback 7.2 installed

Guest Ash 306

I ordered mine from ebuyer.com last night, also sent them an email asking which version they stock. Here the response:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your contact with our Customer Support Team.

I can confirm the item we stock and currently selling is the 1653 version

Kind Regards,

Jeff

Ebuyer Customer Support Team

So hopefully when you order with ebuyer now, you will get the 53. Thanks.

Edited by Ash 306

Guest heroin11

The shipping date for my replacement Hannspad was supposed to be yesterday but they didn't ship it until about 2 hours ago. I rang up this morning to find out what was going on and apparently it took an extra day to ensure that I was actually sent a 1653 model this time. I don't know how it still took an extra day to ensure that I got a 1653 considering they apparently had to sort the stock out on Tuesday to separate the old from the new so it shouldn't have interfered with my shipping date as all the sorting happened a day prior to the day it was due to be dispatched. I would understand if it all happened on the same day, plus they also only had 34-35 in stock when I've checked over the past few days so it couldn't have took that long to sort them out. Well after all this it better now be a 1653 after what they've told me, but at least it'll eventually get here tomorrow

Guest GreenGit

I'm waiting to hear back from ebuyer (ebay & website) about wether they will send out the 1653 or the 1633. Call me suspicious, but as I've just had to return an Advent Vega with a knackered screen to Curry's ebay shop after getting one of the last £134 refurbished ones, I'm thinking that if there's only 35 left (as writing), that they may well try to palm off the last few 1633's on the unsuspecting hopefuls trying to FINALY get a half decent tablet to read his bloody comics on without squinting all the bloody time!?!?!

(Sorry, ranting.)

Guest bluecat99

None left on the eBay Ebuyer site (though Misco still have some there - model unknown though), but I now notice that the Ebuyer website itself now has 3 listings for it - one an 'open box' @ £138 (dissatisfied customer return no doubt), one the 1633 model (according to a customer report via Facebook) @ £145 and a third @ £180 (what's the bet it's a 1653?)!! Quite a price hike and not one I can really afford :( Guess they've realised it's the only way to stop the returns and make money on this one, damn!

Guest Giltbrook

None left on the eBay Ebuyer site (though Misco still have some there - model unknown though), but I now notice that the Ebuyer website itself now has 3 listings for it - one an 'open box' @ £138 (dissatisfied customer return no doubt), one the 1633 model (according to a customer report via Facebook) @ £145 and a third @ £180 (what's the bet it's a 1653?)!! Quite a price hike and not one I can really afford :( Guess they've realised it's the only way to stop the returns and make money on this one, damn!

The one on eBuyer at £180 is defintely the 1653, QuickFind Code: 271191 | (Mfr part #: SN10T1-1653)

The others are 1633's (Mfr part #: EBR2-SN10T1-1633)

These part numbers are listed in the adverts, I am glad I ordered the 1653 last week when it was £155. They could drop the price of the 1653 when the old stock are cleared, but if the 1653 is selling well at £180, they might have no reason to reduce it.