CWM Recovery 5.0.1.0 hanging

Guest mr_bridger

Guest mr_bridger

Hey all, quick question, Anyone else having an issue with cwm 5.0.1.0?

if I flash that using Rom manager, and try and boot into recovery, it just hangs on the green android.

battery pull and phone boots normally, put 3.0.2.7 back on and it boots into recovery fine.

(its a white osf (Tft) that's been gen1 to gen2 updated running cm7 nightlies. Not that should make any difference)

Tia.

Ross

Guest t0mm13b

Perhaps you could try our custom clockworkmod found at this linky here. :)

Its a fork of the official CWM version, this fork is found in the CM7 sources, version 4.0.1.5.

It is more up-to-date and better than the version that the Recovery Manager.

Alas, for version 5.x which is what you're experiencing - have yet to see a thread about it or posting anywhere on this forum in relation to the newer official version. :)

Guest Lost_Animal

if I flash that using Rom manager, and try and boot into recovery, it just hangs on the green android.

battery pull and phone boots normally, put 3.0.2.7 back on and it boots into recovery fine.

(its a white osf (Tft) that's been gen1 to gen2 updated running cm7 nightlies. Not that should make any difference)

Tia.

Ross

You must Try to do a Fix Permissions using Rom Manager

Perhaps you could try our custom clockworkmod found at this linky here. :)

Its a fork of the official CWM version, this fork is found in the CM7 sources, version 4.0.1.5.

It is more up-to-date and better than the version that the Recovery Manager.

Alas, for version 5.x which is what you're experiencing - have yet to see a thread about it or posting anywhere on this forum in relation to the newer official version. :)

In what cause is better then recovery from ROM Manager and update nightly from ROM Manager will work properly with 4.0.1.5?

Tia.

Ross

I had the same problem yesterday and it's happened on my old phone as well.

I fixed it by going into ROM Manager > Settings > 'Erase Recovery prior to Flashing' then I re-flashed the new version and it was fine.

Guest unrandomsam

Tia.

Ross

Works fine here

Downloaded directly from the link on http://www.clockworkmod.com/recovery_images.html

First tried

fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-5.0.1.0-blade.img (Which worked fine).

then

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.1.0-blade.img (Which also worked fine).

Rom Manager is totally unnecessary.

Guest Shapetsau

I have a some trouble after flashing this recovery and new rom (CAE 1.0). The phone won't start completely anymore and it's yam to green android logo. Also ADB doesn't work any longer, so I can't flash other clockwork recovery version with fastboot. Even it won't go to clockwork recovery. Maybe I have to put this phone to hold books in a table?

Guest Phoenix Silver

I have a some trouble after flashing this recovery and new rom (CAE 1.0). The phone won't start completely anymore and it's yam to green android logo. Also ADB doesn't work any longer, so I can't flash other clockwork recovery version with fastboot. Even it won't go to clockwork recovery. Maybe I have to put this phone to hold books in a table?

Do a tpt :)