ZTE Skate Source code

Guest solidchips

Guest sej7278

why are the mirrored files in a zip file - they haven't seriously shipped unix sourcecode as a zip and not a tarball have they?

they've done the usual <removed> of zipping them and 7zipping them, but what does it extract as (i can't get to the original its all 404's).

Edited by flibblesan
Removed bad language.

Guest Phoenix Silver

Next question is, does it build for our Blades? It doesn't have blade_defconfig included but I guess that means nothing.

No it does not build as it for the blade

There are modifications to do

I'm compiling it right now

I'll give feedback

Guest brickornot

No it does not build as it for the blade

There are modifications to do

I'm compiling it right now

I'll give feedback

Please compile it with DM CRYPT SUPPORT to be able to run LUKS MANAGER (cryptsetup,Have a kernel that supports secure dm-crypt modes (CONFIG_DM_CRYPT) and loopback devices)

on it ( i am able to run luks manager on cm N178 and it runs great )

it is like Truecrypt.

Guest Phoenix Silver

Please compile it with DM CRYPT SUPPORT to be able to run LUKS MANAGER (cryptsetup,Have a kernel that supports secure dm-crypt modes (CONFIG_DM_CRYPT) and loopback devices)

it is like Truecrypt.

lol

beginning to compile it successfully and boot in the blade

we'll see such details after

Guest Simon O

it is like Truecrypt.

Please don't add this and keep the kernel stock. Let people fork the kernel to add things like this rather than mess up the stock kernel with options most people won't use.

Guest solidchips

The orignal source contain

9 compressed ZIP files -> 7-ZIP compressed files -> .tar compressed files -> Source files

I decompressed the orignal source, compressed source files into single ZIP file and uploaded it.

Edited by solidchips

There are two sets of source code released ... http://support.zte.com.cn/support//news/NewsMain.aspx?type=service

ZTE SKATE Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code 9/2/2011

ZTE Atrial Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code 9/2/2011

Anybody notice the difference? The Atrial seems to be the French Skate. Do either of them compile for & boot on the Blade?

Seems that on 9th september ZTE Libra will be released:

http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/09/01/zte-skate-libra-and-tureis-get-priced-in-the-uk-will-be-out-this-month/

So we will have the code also of Libra, which is a Blade with a different case.

Amazon is now saying the Libra will have Android 2.2 on their pre order page for it, although everywhere else still seems to say Gingerbread ... so we'll have to wait & see.

Guest targetbsp

Amazon is now saying the Libra will have Android 2.2 on their pre order page for it, although everywhere else still seems to say Gingerbread ... so we'll have to wait & see.

Amaozn have always had it as 2.2 for some reason. As you say, everyone else says Gingerbread. Including Brightpoint who I'd like to think would know! They even have screenshots of GB on it.