Hardware fault?

Guest Tryster

Guest Tryster

I have a 53 model hannspad that I got from ebuyer. I currently have flashback 7.2 on it and have also used hannstitan 0.3.1.

On both ROMs I've experienced issues with the unit switching itself off (as incompletely powering off, with even the power light off). I believe I may also have experienced this on the standard ROM, but can't really remember as it was so comparitively unresponsive I only had it on for a matter of a couple of hours.

Having done a little testing with FB7.2 it only occurs when the device is in use and then it's quite variable (can be within 10mins of using can be a couple of hours). My gut feeling is that it's hardware based as the problem has occurred in the 2 ROMs I've tried (albeit to varying degrees); has anybody else experienced any similar problems?

As an aside, apart from the switching off the unit is excellent when combined with FB7.2

Cheers

Tryster

Guest will8578

gutted for you mate, i think it happened to me once, but i change the turn off screen setting to never or 30 mins, whichever one it is, and hasnt happened since, but it could be coincidence, i might hav not flashed it properly

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 53 model hannspad that I got from ebuyer. I currently have flashback 7.2 on it and have also used hannstitan 0.3.1.

On both ROMs I've experienced issues with the unit switching itself off (as incompletely powering off, with even the power light off). I believe I may also have experienced this on the standard ROM, but can't really remember as it was so comparitively unresponsive I only had it on for a matter of a couple of hours.

Having done a little testing with FB7.2 it only occurs when the device is in use and then it's quite variable (can be within 10mins of using can be a couple of hours). My gut feeling is that it's hardware based as the problem has occurred in the 2 ROMs I've tried (albeit to varying degrees); has anybody else experienced any similar problems?

As an aside, apart from the switching off the unit is excellent when combined with FB7.2

Cheers

Tryster

i have 2 tablet, one with Flashback is having this problem the other Gtacomb doesnt have it, not sure if its the tablet or the ROM. I think i will install Gtacomb to find out.

i have 2 tablet, one with Flashback is having this problem the other Gtacomb doesnt have it, not sure if its the tablet or the ROM. I think i will install Gtacomb to find out.

I eventually returned mine to eBuyer and had it exchanged for a new one after they verified the fault. I've since moved to Gtacomb anyway due to some stability issues with Flashback, so it's probably worth seeing if that resolves your issue.

Good luck

Tryster

I eventually returned mine to eBuyer and had it exchanged for a new one after they verified the fault. I've since moved to Gtacomb anyway due to some stability issues with Flashback, so it's probably worth seeing if that resolves your issue.

Good luck

Tryster

actually i realized today that it occurs on gtacomb too. not sure why, only happens after device goes to sleep for couple of ours. didnt test it on stock ROM unfortunetaly.

since i bought them second hand i doubt i can exchange them under wsrranty.

actually i realized today that it occurs on gtacomb too. not sure why, only happens after device goes to sleep for couple of ours. didnt test it on stock ROM unfortunetaly.

since i bought them second hand i doubt i can exchange them under wsrranty.

ok found out that the Honeycomb ROMs have this issue, if you turn off WIFI before turning the screen off you won't have this problem at all.

Now I am looking to see if there's a workaround for this on the net. Seems developers still need time to perfect honeycomb on this.