[POLL] CAE 1.1

Guest Sami Beck

Guest atillaahun

Thanks for the poll.

Please don't update Market, I think the newer the worse. Satisfied with the old one.

I'd like to see LED notifications working in sleep mode, just as WiFi. But if I'm not wrong this last one is unchanged, so CAE is keeping WiFi in sleep like GSF, right?

Service codes also needed I think, cause many of us needs to calibrate the proximity sensor with something.

Is it possible to add a dialer, which supports SIP calls, able to record calls, and have group contacts in it?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Also, Sami, don't you think adding this poll to CAE's original thread will make more sense? Because we give feedback on that thread already and then dig up this thread to vote :s Your original thread could solve the purpose of boht - just a suggestion ;)

Guest ZuzMaRa

Please vote will update in the next few days following poll.

Like Urpo + theme chooser, a2sd, FM-radio with RDS (if possible) and create and activate a data/app and data/local folders within the ROM in order to easily put apps and bootanim into the ROM (i.e. starting with the ROM) even under live system and automatically updated from market.

Edited by ZuzMaRa

Guest onericardo

In my opinion you should not add Rom Manager or any other APP. You should made your rom as little as you can. We users, decide which apps we wan't to install.

Just change the battery icon and all be fine.

About the market, I believe you don't need to change it. Some people prefer the old one. If we want the new one, we just need to install the apk. :)

Edited by onericardo

Guest brunomello

I'm with onericardo and XpressAndy... the closer to the Vanilla Android the better.

There is no point in adding ringtones, themes or apps when people can add them by themselves! Why should everyone want a glowing battery icon?

What I want in a ROM in stability, full hardware capability, performance, long battery life,... and I believe this is what everybody wants.

Then I will install the apps that I need, customize my ringtones, add new languages, change the theme, and so on. The people reading this forum are not babies, they will manage to get their phones as they want... after someone provide them the basics!

Thanks again for your work.

Guest atillaahun

... and I almost forgot, It would be also great, if somehow you could get lgcamera working, and recording in 800x480, just like it does in CM.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Once again, I agree with onericardo, XpressAndy and brunomello.

There's no ROM that give to us a full AOSP experience, GSF had some transparent notification bar with colored notifications, some apps like "torch" or "battery stats"... I think all of that is useless. Ok, we can remove that ourself but we can add too if we want them.

So there's my point of view. Inspire yourself with a true real Gingerbread "full nude" with stock Dialer, stock music player (not the ZTE one please tongue.gif) and not theme at all. IMO a lot of people like that. If we can achieved a nice battery life with the new kernel (not sure if it's needed, overclock is not so good, IMO once again...)

Anyway, good luck. wink.gif

Guest TheChill

CAE could be my next ROM, after SSR5, so I'm keeping a watchful eye on it. What I want now,

from my next ROM (after stability and a working feature set), is a completely vanilla experience

(stock launcher and gapps only) that I can build upon, with a CW installation that supports GEN1

as well as GEN2 (now that we have some kernel sources this is feasible).

Optional zips of things like the popular dock clock would be welcomed, but only as an option.

Edited by TheChill

Guest hlubepet

after few hours with this rom (kernel) I can say... the battery is superb (dont know if its the rom, kernel or both)..

done battery full charge and calibration right after flashing in the afternoon...

hups.. wrong page.. that was not for poll but for cae as a rom..

Edited by hlubepet

New kernel, android 2.3.5, market 2.3.6, Cyanogenmod power button menu (with reboot & screenshot options).

+1

and power widget from cm7

Edited by 0kti