10 Nov 3.48.405.1 - Installing Honeycomb on your Flyer - the complete guide

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest l3osh4ka

hello I tried to do the Honycomb install on htc flyer 32g 3g yesterday but I got stuck on htc boot up log on,I wont start the device up,,i have tried to recover but cant,and i had with S-off(revolutionary) so any idea of what do guys:::.....

Guest JosephPC

Help!

I'm stuck somewhere in step 15.

C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery revolutionary-cwm-4

.0.1.4-flyer.newhboot.img

sending 'recovery' (4682 KB)... FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))

Did I miss something? Please help. Thanks.

Guest JosephPC

JosephPC: looks like revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.newhboot.img file is defective. Did you check MD5? Maybe redownload?

Thanks. I have redownloaded but nothing changed. I guess, I will have to start all over again.

Edit: Checked MD 5: 16fe327f70c3036af69c19ec93b87e44, it matched. I will have to go back to flashing GB now and will try to start again.

Edited by JosephPC

Guest JosephPC

can anyone plz help me out:::...

You're not alone.

I tried to go back flashing the same RUU (previously installed GB) using goldcard but it's not working. :-(

Help!

I'm stuck somewhere in step 15.

C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery revolutionary-cwm-4

.0.1.4-flyer.newhboot.img

sending 'recovery' (4682 KB)... FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))

Did I miss something? Please help. Thanks.

You're in 'bootloader' mode not 'fastboot', that's all. Press the power button to switch to the fastboot option.

P

hello I tried to do the Honycomb install on htc flyer 32g 3g yesterday but I got stuck on htc boot up log on,I wont start the device up,,i have tried to recover but cant,and i had with S-off(revolutionary) so any idea of what do guys:::.....

Sounds like you didn't wipe before first boot...

P

Guest JosephPC

You're in 'bootloader' mode not 'fastboot', that's all. Press the power button to switch to the fastboot option.

P

@Paul, Sir, many thanks! Never really thought of that. That easy, that I missed. Stupid, me. Just too eager to get HC installed not really thinking that I missed that (and I am not even aware of it! That I thought of flashing back to GB, good thing that goldcard didn't work.)

That power button --CWM worked and just installed HC and it's working really smooth.

Awesome! Got mine now in HC stock rom. Will flash your MCR later after am done downloading!

Again, thanks a lot.

:-)

Guest hardstuffmuc

Hello there,

I would like to get this all up on running on my flyer but I am a bit wary as I am not excactly an expert ( though have been flashing since my HD2 days)

I would appreciate if someone could explain something that is not completely clear to me. My Flyer is from O2 Grmany, rooted now with Revolutionary and running FlyHigh ROM 1.2G

My first Q is about the mentiond matching of RUU and ROM version.How can I make sure about that?

I still have a CWM backup of the original installed ROM the Flyer was shipped with from O2.

Thanks in advance for an aswer, very much appreciated.

Greets

Guest JosephPC

My first Q is about the mentiond matching of RUU and ROM version.How can I make sure about that?

Greets

Just in case you want to go back to flashing previously installed ROM. You should have with you the RUU.

You just have to follow all the steps that Paul enumerated in installing stock HC. I was lost somewhere in step 15, but thanks to Paul, I missed that power button to get things working.

I am now enjoying HC in my Flyer! Great!

Guest foggy69

To get back to Gingerbread, just reflash your Gingerbread RUU from step 1. Simples. :)

P

I am trying to go back to GB, but the RUU I use keeps coming up with a 'error 155 unknown error' when flashing. I have also tried a number of different WWE and Asia ROMs just in case, but still with no luck.

Any ideas??

Guest hardstuffmuc

Just in case you want to go back to flashing previously installed ROM. You should have with you the RUU.

You just have to follow all the steps that Paul enumerated in installing stock HC. I was lost somewhere in step 15, but thanks to Paul, I missed that power button to get things working.

I am now enjoying HC in my Flyer! Great!

Thanks for your answer, but how do I check that the RUU and ROM versions do match? That is the thing which is not clear to me.

Greets

I could not find a way to go back to GB no matter what i tried and i think that no one was yet able to revert back.

1) trying to flash my identical RUU (to the one i was coming from before HC) and it fails under "header verification", the RUU uploads the file to the device but once it reaches the header verification process the screen on the phone becomes distorted and the process just hangs.

2) I tried to extract the ROM.zip and put it on the a goldcard and the the bootloader loads the file (PG41IMG.zip) and that's it...it simply exits.

3) i tried to flash the rom using fastboot flash zip rom3.zip and it fails with the error:

sending 'zip' (507706 KB)...

OKAY [ 76.861s]

writing 'zip'...

(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...

FAILED (remote: not allowed)

finished. total time: 76.864s

My fastboot getvar all out put is:

(bootloader) version: 0.5

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.11.0006

(bootloader) version-baseband: 3821.08.00.26_M

(bootloader) version-cpld: None

(bootloader) version-microp: 0950

(bootloader) version-main: 2.23.405.3

(bootloader) serialno: HT15BT401902

(bootloader) imei: 354672040REMOVED

(bootloader) product: flyer

(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230

(bootloader) modelid: PG4110000

(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001

(bootloader) battery-status: good

(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3913mV

(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic

(bootloader) security: on

(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP

(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 60a0efb2

(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12

(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

all: Done!

The ROM i am trying to revert back to is 2.23.405.3 which has a full working RUU.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Edited by IBTECH

Guest JosephPC

Thanks for your answer, but how do I check that the RUU and ROM versions do match? That is the thing which is not clear to me.

Greets

Check settings/about tablet/software information. It displays the software version you're using.

You will only be using this in case installation of HC in your flyer will not be successful --then you will have to go back to GB by flashing the same ROM to that one previously installed in your flyer.

That's the ROM update utility where you have extracted your ROM if you did install a stock ROM before you flashed to HC. If you have not installed any stock ROM, then just check software information in your Flyer. For emergency purposes, such that you will be able to use your Flyer again if your HC fails --download the ROM version of your Flyer. And save it for future use.

You may also check at xda (HTC Android Development). You can download stock ROMs there. Before I installed HC, mine was HTC Asia_HK version 2.27.708.1 which I downloaded from there. Originally, it was WWE 1.48***, so I followed all the steps then to create a goldcard, then s-off (revolutionary) and all that before I flashed the ROM update.

Just follow carefully all the steps -- you will be ok, then you will not be bothered by this RUU and ROM. You will not be using it, unless you want to downgrade. That's what I understood from the posts here. :-)

For now, i am enjoying MCR's (custom ROM) of HC! :-) No phone function (yet) though but SMS works great!

RUU_Flyer_hTC_Asia_HK_2.27.708.1_Radio_20.3504.30.089BU_3809.07.04.06_M_release_204709_signed (previous ROM installed in my flyer)

Edited by JosephPC

Guest MrBengaz

Help, stuck at step 12 trying to use a mac for command. Keeps saying adb not found when I go into recovery, when I stay in boot loader it says device not found.. I skipped 12 now my flyer is stuck in htc logo bootup.. Any advice.? Not a wise choice I know :/

Guest davidbubu

Hi to all,

I successfully executed all steps up to #17 and here my devices fails to mound sdcard . Tried both via adb and with Revolutionary CWM. v4.0.1.4

"adb mount /sdcard" returns :

mount /sdcard

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard failed: No such file or directory

"adb mount" returns :

~ # mount

mount

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 on /cache type ext4 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 on /data type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Both fastboot and recovery modes are available.

Any advise/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Guest foxmeister

I successfully executed all steps up to #17 and here my devices fails to mound sdcard . Tried both via adb and with Revolutionary CWM. v4.0.1.4

"adb mount /sdcard" returns :

mount /sdcard

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard failed: No such file or directory

Ok, I have to ask the obvious question - you do have a FAT32 formatted MicroSD card in the Flyer?

Regards,

Dave

Guest davidbubu

Ok, I have to ask the obvious question - you do have a FAT32 formatted MicroSD card in the Flyer?

Regards,

Dave

Good question - I don't know , I haven't formatted or tweaked SD card when tablet was operational, so I assume it was in the same state as I received it form the shop.

Is there any way to format it now ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

David

Guest foxmeister

Good question - I don't know , I haven't formatted or tweaked SD card when tablet was operational, so I assume it was in the same state as I received it form the shop.

Is there any way to format it now ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

David

Well, put it this way, my Flyer didn't come with an external MicroSD card.

Open up your Flyer and check to see if the MicroSD card slot is populated - I rather suspect you don't have one, and you need one in order to install HC.

Regards,

Dave

When I try to unlock the bootloader by step 14:

I type fastboot oem get_identifier_token in command prompt but it says waiting for device.

How do I get it to display that long block of text?

Guest davidbubu

Well, put it this way, my Flyer didn't come with an external MicroSD card.

Open up your Flyer and check to see if the MicroSD card slot is populated - I rather suspect you don't have one, and you need one in order to install HC.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks , you are correct no SD card , I just inserted one and complete zip flashing. It completed ok , I reboot the tablet and it got stuck on white HTC screen ... :-(

Any ideas how to troubleshoot it now ?

David

Guest l3osh4ka

Sounds like you didn't wipe before first boot...

P

I did before I booted,,but anyway is there a way i can restore/recover it. Its now 4 days since it refused to pass the htc boot log on::..and i miss it soo much:...I appreciate ur help Paul.

Edited by l3osh4ka

Paul, downgrading the hboot seems not easy (fastboot doesn't want and throw the recovery it seems doing the job but it doesn't)

You know what's weird? I tried to flash the boot image thru dd in recovery and it didn't seem to play.

P