10 Nov 3.48.405.1 - Installing Honeycomb on your Flyer - the complete guide

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DigitalMD

Hi Paul,

is a direct update possible from 3.41.405.x to 3.48.405.x by flashing only the "stock-hc-flyer-system-3.48.405.1.zip"?

Thanx, Achim

Depending on your model Flyer, it may not work, since there is a new radio and boot image. For example doing this on a wifi only Flyer will result in the wifi no longer working. A full install is recommended because functionality is unknown otherwise.

Guest Deerhunter48

Depending on your model Flyer, it may not work, since there is a new radio and boot image. For example doing this on a wifi only Flyer will result in the wifi no longer working. A full install is recommended because functionality is unknown otherwise.

I know, that there are new versions of the radio and the boot image. It's the same as with other Android devices - where it sometimes doesn't matter. So - do really know that a full install is recommended or do you only think it may be better?

Guest MetaDude

Can someone list the changes between leak 2 and Leak 3. I've got leak 2 working and it's pretty good. So I want to know if its worth going through the hastle of down grading to GB and then back up to HC leak 3.

Thanks

Guest DigitalMD

I know, that there are new versions of the radio and the boot image. It's the same as with other Android devices - where it sometimes doesn't matter. So - do really know that a full install is recommended or do you only think it may be better?

I can only tell you that on the wifi only US model it works to flash just the system image and the boot image for leak 3

Edited by DigitalMD

Guest DigitalMD

Can someone list the changes between leak 2 and Leak 3. I've got leak 2 working and it's pretty good. So I want to know if its worth going through the hastle of down grading to GB and then back up to HC leak 3.

Thanks

no, there are no change logs available, these are leaks so we don't get documentation

. I assume these are just bug fixes / performance improvement

Edited by DigitalMD

Guest budalica

It is NOT a good idea to try this on the WiFi Flyer at this time until we have a confirmed success (as per post 1!)

P

I have wifi bestbuy 16 gb white us flyer and I flashed the second HC , but I did not like the fact that Absoulute system tools and superuser Toolbox don't work . I like to keep changing things like fonts and top bar and few other things every little while and for that I use those 2 apps , but they are not running . Oh and bluetooth was giving me trouble .

When I connect with my mac the Browse device disconnects wright away , I can't transfer files in bluetooth , and when I watch movie with bluetooth headset the sound is 2 sec behind

I restored to stock with brighstarus stock rom

Edited by budalica

Is it possible to root the 10 Nov 3.48.405.1 or is it already rooted?

Does Fastboot (i mean the fastboot which boots the flyer up faster) work? How long does it take to boot?

Thanks!

Guest budalica

People my htc flyer stucks in a bootloop after I tryd to roll back to Gingerbread. I have a wifi only. The flyer starts with fastboot and immediately reboots.

please I really need support to get the flyer work again.

The last step before the loop was "fastboot oem lock"

It happened to me too . Download brighstarus RUU and just run it http://www.filefactory.com/file/cfdd254/n/RUU_Flyer_BrightstarUS_WWE_2.27.1540.31_R_Radio_20.3504.30.089BU_3809.07.04.06_M_release_204116_signed.exe

Just to confirm - everything is Ok with UK Flyer WiFi.

Spent 7 hours trying to s-off (from virtualized Windows 7), always stuck at "Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)" (failed && lemon than), finally installed OpenSuSE 11.4 (using vmware fusion on mac os Lion 10.7) and used linux version of revoluti.on, which works perfectly fine (as it is self contains everything and no any drivers are required) - this is the way to try to work around famous "Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)

FAILED - Go have some lemonade!" trouble.

When i finally s-off my Flyer, everything else is 15 minutes - now i've got latest HC which works on my Flyers nearly perfect (the only thins it is slower than HC and not really smooth yet, but it is still beta)

Guest greenhornetc13

BB HTC Flyer-Install went fine but no Wifi, all it says is "Error" in the Wifi box. Anybody else with the BB flyer have the same problem and/or have a solution?

Guest bigtrex

I wonder what the best fitting "current" RUU for my device would be:

I have Flyer wifi&3G from o2 Germany which was 1.40.207.5 with HBOOT 1.07. Did the OTA to 2.27.207.1 and then S-off with Revolutionary.

Now LeeDrOiDs 2.2.0 custom rom with HBOOT 6.10.1002 and ROM 2.23.405.4

Is RUU_Flyer_O2_DE_1.40.207.5_Radio_20.35.30.089BU_38 09.04.04.21_M_release the right one? (apart from beeing the only RUU for this specific device)

Edited by bigtrex

Guest Hereisphilly

I could really do with some help on this - Kinda paniking cos i'm afraid!

I am on a Wifi Flyer that needs the RUU RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_Wifi_2.27.1114.31_Radio_20.3504.30.089BU_3809.07.04.06_M_release_204727_signed

I have downloaded all the necessary things, checked all the MD5 sums etc etc.

I have successfully gotten to step 14, where i successfully unlocked the bootloader with the HTC dev tools. Once the gui option came on screen to say whether i wanted to unlock the bootloader, i selected yes, and instantly the device rebooted, but stayed on the white HTC logo screen. It stayed like this for about 5 mins, before i held the power button down, restarted and got back to the bootloader. (It says unlocked at the top in pink)

I ran the adb command to flash the updated recovery image, (fastboot flash recovery revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.hboot0011.img), and it said 'sending' okay and 'writing'okay but once i selected to go to recovery, the decive just stayed on the white splash screen, and i think it is in a bootloop.

I can successfully get back to the bootloader every time, and it is displayed as fastboot USB in red (i can hear the sound as it is connected to my machine), but when i type adb devices, it says device cannot be found.

I can however relock and then subsequently unlock the bootloader using the HTC dev tools, but still get stuck at this point.

Please please please can somebody help, this would be much appreciated.

(I'm not sure if it is possible to place a recovery image on the SD card and let the bootloader install it as it does the checks at the start?)

Thanks in advance

Edit - never managed to get it to HC, i just reverted back to GB, would it be worth my while to try again?

Edited by Hereisphilly

Guest natterjack

Just installed Honeycomb successfully on my Euro WWE 32GB 3G Flyer .

Thanks for all your hard work, Paul!

Advice to other noobs like me...

1. Read this thread end-to-end

2. Learn a little about how adb and fastboot work. Check that they work for your setup before proceeding.

3. Follow the instructions on page 1 TO THE LETTER.

4. Happy days!

Guest david miro

Thank you so much Paul for sharing all this info with us!

It worked perfect for me, although...

my Flyer was s-offed and permaroot before and with the new HC and new hboot version 1.11.0011 I lost s-off (still permaroot) and can´t find how to s-off it again!!

Any ideas¿?

Thank you very much again :)

Guest david miro

So I am in revolutionary CWM c4.0.1.4 and pushed stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0006.nb0 with no problems but when I get into shell then run

'dd if=/Users/curtismclaws/Desktop/HC/stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0006.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmclbk0p18'

I get the error

'dd: can't open '/Users/curtismclaws/Desktop/HC/stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0006.nb0': No such file or directory'

Running Mac OSX Lion and everything up till now worked.

HTC Flyer 16GB Wifi

I'm almost there and am just wondering how to get through this point. NOTE this is the same location I used to push my file over and it did it with no problems.

Check the file name is correct. I downloaded the files yesterday and the my hboot file was stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0011.nb0

in this case just input the right file name in cmd

Guest bigboy96

Just installed Honeycomb successfully on my Euro WWE 32GB 3G Flyer .

Thanks for all your hard work, Paul!

Advice to other noobs like me...

1. Read this thread end-to-end

2. Learn a little about how adb and fastboot work. Check that they work for your setup before proceeding.

3. Follow the instructions on page 1 TO THE LETTER.

4. Happy days!

How would you decribe the Euro WWE HTC FLyer 32GB model? I have a HTC Flyer P510e model. With HBOOT of 1.11.0003 and Radio 3809.07.04.06_M.

Guest natterjack

How would you decribe the Euro WWE HTC FLyer 32GB model? I have a HTC Flyer P510e model. With HBOOT of 1.11.0003 and Radio 3809.07.04.06_M.

Hi,

Currently my HBOOT is 1.11.0011 and my radio is 3822.10.08.07_M. Not sure what my HBOOT was prior to flashing HC. Does the HBOOT change?

Prior to flashing, the RUU that matched my system was 'RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_2.00.405.3_R_Radio_20.3501.30.089BU_3809.05.04.10_M_release_194964_signed', so I guess that my radio was originally 3809.05.04.10_M?

Hope that helps.

Guest bigboy96

Hey at step 9 the cmd console says, sending 'boot' (47 KB)... OKAY[ 0.021s]

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote:image error! BootMagic check fail))

finished. total time: 0.022s

so Paul what gives?

Guest max speed

the problem is that I can't make a gold card from recovery, I need to be inside android, right?

dear u can make gold card with enother htc android devices .. u need too just one program "Gold Card Tool" for your goal ... it's very simple babysmile.gif .. and then u can use this gold card for your flyer ,,simply again ... and i do this ..and result is perfect ... easy

• 1 month later...
Guest budalica

Looks like we need new mirrors .

All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.

Edited by budalica

Hi all,

I've flashed an old hboot last night that md5=26f53c6a6e686751e300340af7496b8c, I've haven't noticed that the hboot is older....

but I'm really flashed it....now my Flyer cannot turn on until now~~

My Flyer only can flash amber light once when I hold the power button almost 20sec for hard reboot,

and I can't find way to boot into hboot, fastboot and recovery....is it completely dead and bricked?

Also if I hold Vol+ and Power for 20sec, the amber light will keep flashing but my PC recognized it as Qualcomm CDMA Technology MSM devices.

My Flyer don't have warranty anymore....OMG, What can I do? sad.gifsad.gif

Thanks!