[ROM] FTB (2.1 mod) - updated 2012 01 01

Guest twrock

Metin veya web sayfası çevirinöncelikle tesekkür ederim ro için ben türkiyede yasiyorum FTB-02.zip kurdum ama bazı sistem dosyaları rusça olarak kaldı bunun için ne yapmamı önerirsinizBunu mu demek istediniz? öncelikle tesekkür ederim ro için ben türkiyede yasiyorumMetin veya web sitesi adresi yazın ya da bir dokümanı çevirin.İptal

Türkçe dilinden İngilizce diline çeviri

I thank you for the first turkey I live ro FTB-02.zip I installed some system files but what do you suggest for this russian remained

I don't understand. Sorry.

Guest pedrojaime

@twrock, thank you very much for your help. I had something weird going on with Dalvik cache - there were two apps in the root directory of my sd-ext partition so cleaned it, rebooted, then re-ran your a2sd commands on page 1 to move cache+apps to SD and now everything is fine thanks a lot :)

I am a bit intrigued by the output of 'a2sd check'. It would seem quite hard to figure out what is set and what is not. When there is a '[ ]' next to an option (as opposed to '[ ]' ), does that mean that option is configured?

I was trying to install a2sdgui but unfortunately this shows up on appbrain.com website and not in the market (yes, tried market enabler also). When I get more time I am going to look into the a2sd commands more thoroughly.

I also discovered that one of my favourite apps - 'Auto memory manager' actually allows you to customise completely the lowmem settings. Unfortunately I could not get it to run on this ROM (it says it installs successfully from market but unable to open).

Finally, while there are features of 2.2 which were nice that do not exist in 2.1, more often than not, you can use plugins/widgets/apps if there are things you miss and also, having less bloat in 2.1 definitely makes FTB faster.

cheers,

Peter

PS> I am not touching another rom for at least 6 months!! Never had so much stability, performance and functinality in any other rom..

I am a bit intrigued by the output of 'a2sd check'. It would seem quite hard to figure out what is set and what is not. When there is a '[ ]' next to an option (as opposed to '[ ]' ), does that mean that option is configured?

That is consistent behaviour in every rom I build with the rom kitchen. But in roms where DT is flashed separately during the install process (CM61 for example), then the stars and other symbols show up between the [ ].

So, in this rom and others that don't properly show the symbols, you have to look at the spacing between the [ ]. If the spacing is wide, it is empty, which means it is not functioning. But if it is narrow, then there is supposed to be a symbol there. That could mean it is working properly, but it also could mean it is working, but not optimally. So it is complicated by the symbols not being visible. Generally, I trust that if it is narrow, it is working properly.

Hi twrock

I can not open the download page .

Can you check it ?

Thanks

The link is working fine for me. Are you able to download other files from Mediafire? If not, please try a proxy server.

The link is working fine for me. Are you able to download other files from Mediafire? If not, please try a proxy server.

Ok

Thanks

I have installed another 2.1 ROM , but the WIFI can not gain the IP address.

Is it 2.1 bug?

Ok

Thanks

I have installed another 2.1 ROM , but the WIFI can not gain the IP address.

Is it 2.1 bug?

No, that is not a "bug" in 2.1 roms. 2.1 roms should have no problem with Wifi.

What phone do you have and what rom are you installing?

(And you should post your message in that thread, where more people who are using that rom might see it.)

Edited by twrock

No, that is not a "bug" in 2.1 roms. 2.1 roms should have no problem with Wifi.

What phone do you have and what rom are you installing?

(And you should post your message in that thread, where more people who are using that rom might see it.)

Hi twrock,

Thanks

My phone work right now.

It is strange. After I flash the ROM , it can not gain the IP.

But a few hours later it work right.

Hi twrock , just tried your rom - well pleased . I was getting lots of fc's and phone freezing using fb 1.7 , although that rom used to work fine to . Gonna run your rom for a while , may even stop me upgrading my Pulse , thanks for all the hard work

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rangeoshun

Hi!

I used this rom for I don't know a few weeks now, and I have to say great work! I had no fc till yet, and the battery last for 3 days or more, depending the 3g usage. I turn it off, and rarely use it now days. So fine rom, thank you!

The only problem is, wifi sleeps too! Is there a way to stay online, while sleeping?

Cheers!

Guest pedrojaime

Hi!

I used this rom for I don't know a few weeks now, and I have to say great work! I had no fc till yet, and the battery last for 3 days or more, depending the 3g usage. I turn it off, and rarely use it now days. So fine rom, thank you!

The only problem is, wifi sleeps too! Is there a way to stay online, while sleeping?

Cheers!

There is a small app called 'Auto Airplane Mode' - this one: http://www.appbrain.com/app/auto-airplane-mode/be1ay.flymode which can switch off radio completely but keep wifi on. I am not sure if that is what you are after. Otherwise, download timeriffic which is very flexible and you can set different times for 3G, wifi, etc.. Many profiles can be created in 1 day, weekends, party time, etc. hope it helps,

Peter

Guest pedrojaime

I have a question someone should be able to answer, when I run a clockwork backup, I get the error:

Backing up cache...

E:Can't mount /dev/blockmmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Could not mount sd-ext.  sd-ext backup is not supported on this device.  Skipping backup of sd-ext.

Generating md5 sum...

Backup complete!

I have main fat32 partition, 512mb sd-ext partition formatted as EXT3 and 32mb Linux swap partition. I tried EXT4 before but a2sd is not able to move applications to sd-ext in this format for deleted and recreated that partition as EXT3. I am now thinking, should I be using EXT2 only with this ROM?

Many thanks,

Peter

Edited by pedrojaime

Hi twrock,

Droidwall is an iptable based firewall. This is a quote is from the Droidwall FAQ concerning an error message

2. no chains/target/match by that name

This error message unfortunately means that your kernel does not support netfilter owner match module, so droidwall will not work.

There is nothing I can do on droidwall to make it work, and the only possible solution is to flash a customized ROM with support for this feature.

ROM developers, please ensure that the following configuration option is enabled in the kernel (either built-in or as a module): CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_OWNER

AntonioPT has it enabled in his CyanogenMod Plus rom but I don't want to use a 2.2 rom.

Additional useful downloads:

I don't really know much about android and so far no one has answered my question wether you can use a kernel for a 2.2 rom in a 2.1 rom. So I don't know wether I can just flash AntonioP kernel or not.

Thanks

Edited by perljun

I have a question someone should be able to answer, when I run a clockwork backup, I get the error:

Backing up cache...

E:Can't mount /dev/blockmmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Could not mount sd-ext.  sd-ext backup is not supported on this device.  Skipping backup of sd-ext.

Generating md5 sum...

Backup complete!

I have main fat32 partition, 512mb sd-ext partition formatted as EXT3 and 32mb Linux swap partition. I tried EXT4 before but a2sd is not able to move applications to sd-ext in this format for deleted and recreated that partition as EXT3. I am now thinking, should I be using EXT2 only with this ROM?

Many thanks,

Peter

For what it's worth, I use ext2 and I have never seen that error.

Hi twrock,

Droidwall is an iptable based firewall. This is a quote is from the Droidwall FAQ concerning an error message

AntonioPT has it enabled in his CyanogenMod Plus rom but I don't want to use a 2.2 rom.

I don't really know much about android and so far no one has answered my question wether you can use a kernel for a 2.2 rom in a 2.1 rom. So I don't know wether I can just flash AntonioP kernel or not.

Thanks

Please give me a link to that FAQ.

Regarding what will or won't work with roms, most of the time when I'm wondering, I just try it to find out. I haven't destroyed my phone yet. ;)

Guest rangeoshun

There is a small app called 'Auto Airplane Mode' - this one: http://www.appbrain....e/be1ay.flymode which can switch off radio completely but keep wifi on. I am not sure if that is what you are after. Otherwise, download timeriffic which is very flexible and you can set different times for 3G, wifi, etc.. Many profiles can be created in 1 day, weekends, party time, etc. hope it helps,

Peter

Thanx, but I'd like to manage to keep wifi on, while my phone sleeps. To get gtalk notifications, which I don't, becaouse, when I put my phone to sleep it turns off wifi. Right now, I do this by connecting it to PC > debug mode > keep phone awake.

Guest pedrojaime

I wanted to add a custom ringtone. How would I do this? Create a symbolic link in the /system folder to my folder where the media files are? What I am strugging is to get Android to recognise where more media files are located (apart from the default location that has only a few .ogg files. Would the media files have to be in .ogg format too? Hope someone has tried this. thanks :)

Peter

I wanted to add a custom ringtone. How would I do this? Create a symbolic link in the /system folder to my folder where the media files are? What I am strugging is to get Android to recognise where more media files are located (apart from the default location that has only a few .ogg files. Would the media files have to be in .ogg format too? Hope someone has tried this. thanks :)

Peter

Might I suggest an "easy" way. Use Root Explorer or a similar app to copy the sound files into /system/media/audio/ringtones. If you want more space, remove something else you don't want out of /system to make space. (Root Explorer will show you how much space you have left in /system.) Of course the advantage of a symlink is that space will not be an issue. But I also don't know how to do that.

I believe mp3 works as well. However, you need to know that you need to add a custom tag to your ringtones (at least the ogg ones; I don't know about mp3), otherwise they will only play one time through and not keep ringing. Although I have done it, I can't remember exactly how to do it, but there was a thread about it that covered that topic in detail. Use the search function to find it.

Guest pedrojaime

Excellent twrock, spot on as always! I always wondered why my ringtones only played once in other roms so that's another issue solved! Oh, and that weird error running clockwork backup - definitely solved by having sd-ext partition formatted as ext2. Maybe Gingerbread accepts ext3/4, not sure, but ext2 is what works for 2.1 and this rom. thanks a lot :D

Guest pedrojaime

Well, I don't know if its that FLB boot.img or what but this rom seems to loop ringtones/notification tones, etc automatically - there is no need to edit file tags at all! If you go to 'Sound & display settings' and go to the ringtone selector (or notification selector for that matter), you will notice that the sound file is looped until you click OK/Cancel so this is great. Just tested with an incoming call and the ringtone still loops. Another + for this great rom!

btw, in the end I downloaded a free app called 'Ghost Commander File Manager' which allows rw mounting of /system. Good fast little program, not too large either. Selected 'Root mode on leaving /sdcard' in settings, then go up to / and when prompted, set allow to superuser access prompt. done. You will need to reboot phone (to remount /system) so that Android settings can see your newly pasted media file in /system/media/audio/ringtones directory. Hope it helps others struggling with this.