network message sound

Guest coffeedrinker

Guest coffeedrinker

I apologize if this has been asked before, but i wouldn't even know the correct term to search for the info. So I'm on O2 prepay and after I send a text message I get a message on my screen from O2 telling me what my prepay balance is, In GSF when this message displays there is also a notification sound but in CM7 there is no sound just the display. Can someone tell me how to switch the sound off in GSF or is this just a ROM thing.

Guest coffeedrinker

thanks I'lll keep that in mind if i need to

I have no idea about turning the sound off but if you ask O2 they will stop the balance messages, it used to really annoy me.

Edited by coffeedrinker

Guest t0mm13b

It is not confined to the ROM, its a generic Messaging app. Tap on Messaging, hit on the Menu key, tap on Settings, scroll down to the bottom, Notifications, Select Ringtone, tap on 'Silent' and tap Ok. Back out of it a few times to get back to home screen, then you should be okie :)

Guest coffeedrinker

Thanks, I tried that but it has made no difference - I should say that i do have Gosms pro installed also.

It is not confined to the ROM, its a generic Messaging app. Tap on Messaging, hit on the Menu key, tap on Settings, scroll down to the bottom, Notifications, Select Ringtone, tap on 'Silent' and tap Ok. Back out of it a few times to get back to home screen, then you should be okie :)

Guest coffeedrinker

As far as i understand it this is more like a push message, and the noise produced is not my selected notification tone or ringtone, in fact as far as i can see this sound is not even in the list of available tones. I haven't found any settings specific to push messages (if that is what it is) and like i said before CM7 produces no sound when this message comes through and it still uses the same messaging apps. Anybody else got any ideas please

Guest eucurto

As far as i understand it this is more like a push message, and the noise produced is not my selected notification tone or ringtone, in fact as far as i can see this sound is not even in the list of available tones. I haven't found any settings specific to push messages (if that is what it is) and like i said before CM7 produces no sound when this message comes through and it still uses the same messaging apps. Anybody else got any ideas please

i know what you mean and also would like to know how to change that sound....